No announcement yet.

TOXIC and INSTINCT Official Re-Watch Thread, December 7th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ankhara
    Yeah Chloe...Clark is noticing that there's something wrong with you. And it's not a good idea to avoid the issue.
    Yeah. Another issue Lex had seen and tried to do something against before everybody else even was aware of the danger. I miss him...

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
      Yeah, she probably knew all along after analyzing Lex's research way better than he ever did.
      I think Lex also told her that Clark does not like it when somebody finds out his secret - except if it is an enemy of course. So they both simply pretended to not know. Just watched Asylum, too, and already here Lex tells Clark he had been right about him all the time after learning Clark's secret. There is no way he didn't know for sure after they were not the best friends any more in season five to seven and Lex was free to spy on Clark any way he wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
        yes, but if it means saving Ollie's life, he didn't hesitate!
        Indeed. Clark truely learned his lesson. Grew up and finally starts to take responsibility. Quite a change from Asylum where Martha and Jonathan still were able to keep him from saving his best friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
          yep, at least it would've been couple of hours before his vitals would normalize.
          It always works like that in a TV series. People get out of coma and are immediately able to tell the police everything, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
            Uh-oh, the Lionel-killed-Ollie's-parent's file
            While he probably did (then again it might have been the Teaques) I think the evidence is not convincing. Ollie should have investigated before jumping to conclusions. And I still don't see why he would want to punish Lex for Lionel's deeds when Lex himself was nine years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Brainiac's influence who wants her to get closer to him.
              I agree.

Comment

• Hope it's not too late, here's my thoughts on TOXIC:

Teaser--I think this is where Clark starts to dress up up more, as opposed to the farmboy threads of what we've had unil now. I think Mrs K mentioned this.
                Also noticed Chloe taking note that Clark's spending a lot of time with Lois of late. Clark's right, nothing's happening there romantically, but even Chloe now sees some potential. She scoffed atthe idea when Jimmy brought it up way back in that Valentine's day ep with the magic lipstick (or powder or something, can't quite remember).

Others here ripped Clark (I think) for not trusting Oliver the wy Chloe is, with Clark insisting on getting him to a doctor and Chloe demanding they trust Oliver and do what he says just as they would trust Clark and follow his instrusctions if he was sick. I'm here to defend clark. Ollie's his only male, human friend at the moment, and he's now experiencing what others had to deal with for his sake in the past. He sees their POV now. Thing is, they were wrong, and now he is too.
                ----
                Chloe tells Davis she can trust him. He's going to feel betrayed in the last ep, so much so he'll try to kill her. Of course, that was just stupid writing, but....
                ----
                As God is my witness, and I say this as both a Christian and a hetrosexual male with many, interesting impure thoughts, Erica Durance is smoking hot. The word "babe" is a gross understatement. I can watch her scenes with the sound off. In the dark.

Let's leave it at that.

Comment

• Cassidy Freeman and Erica Durance. In a scene together. Looking the way they do. Thank you, O Lord, for tonight's Blessings(s).
                  This would really be something if we could just omit all the Clark/Ollie/Davis silliness.
                  -----------------------
                  Chloe's looking nice too.
                  ----------------------------------
                  Okay, be honest...was the the only one who started singing the theme from "Gilligan's Island" first time this aired?
                  ---------------
                  I'm gonna say the current "Arrow" series has the more dramatic and realistic "Oliver's Island" story, but I really like this too.
                  -------------------------------
                  Tess' nickname of "Mercy" didn't last too long as I recall
                  -------------
                  Tess' Marine Biology background didn't get much mention after this did it....
                  -----------------
                  Chloe: "I know right now you're making a list in your head of all the possible ways this could be your fault, but please don't." LOL! Be kinda funny if instead of "Please don't" she said "and, yes, Clark, it is your fault, just as you're responsible for the JFK assassination, Watergate, and Warner Brothers movie reboots". Seriously, though, it's a bit ironic as in the early years, Clark would break an appointment/date with Chloe and he would try to defend himself, with her saying "nope, don't want to hear your excuse"

Comment

• Ollie's throwing the posioned dart at the black guard (and I use his race as it's the only feature I think of to distinguish him from the other guard) stretches credibility. Too far for him to hit given the distance and the almost paper-weight of the dart (it would fall to the ground).
                    ---------------
                    Clark's damaging public property to disable (and possibly kill) Tess (and Oliver's) assailaint is a stretch. He could have superspeeded to her rescue, throwing Mr. Thug into a wall knocking him out. No chance of killing the bad guy (Clark's done this kind of things lotas of times now) or damaging public property.
                    -----------------------------
                    One of the great mysteries of Smallville, is why Clark didn't make Lionel confess to killing theVeritas members. Espescially the Queens.
                    -----------------------
                    I remember after watching this I found myself thinking what I promised I wouldn't.....Tess/Freeman might actually be a worthy successor to Lex/Rosenbaum. And to an extent she was, and I'm really glad she found the redemption the Superman legacy was forced to deny Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                      ---------------
                      I'm gonna say the current "Arrow" series has the more dramatic and realistic "Oliver's Island" story, but I really like this too.
                      -------------
                      -----------------
                      I liked SV's island story too apart from Ollie somehow not growing his hair or beard one bit.

Tess had a seashell on her desk at the Planet if I recall. But yeah, it didn't get mentioned that much. Would have been a great ending for Tess. She'd have to run away from Lex and we'd see her diving for sea shells in the tropic.

Comment

• Here's my comments about "Instinct".....

Groll must be some kind of masochist for STILL agreeing to work for folks who bully and threaten him. And can there by anything on earth that would compel him to agree to find Lex? Many hate Lex. Groll fears him.
                        --------------
                        I wish it wasn't so obvious the "Metropolis" street with with doomed rich guy is just the Smallville street redressed.
                        -------------
                        Clark brings a drawing to Chloe to see if she can tell him what it is, knowing it's a clue. She tells him, and all he can do is be worried that she can help, via Brainiac. Sounds like Jonathan!
                        ---------------
                        Maxima, after kissing Jimmy, and realizing, to her annoyance, that he's not a Kryptonian, (since he's dying) : I'm really sorry, you were so sweet. I really hoped you were the one." I guess Almermac isn't reknown for a compassionate population....
                        --------
                        Okay, so Maxie can see Clark move at superspeed. Any reason she didn't test any of her canidates by requiring a display of strength, speed, something? Hate to see how she is as a ruler!
                        -------------------------
                        Chloe's first interaction with Tess is a classic....
                        --------------------
                        If Lois' reaction to seeing Clark with maxi didn't tip Clark off as to her feelings, then....
                        ----------------------
                        Chloe's asking Clark to give her away at the alter was, I think. when we all first yelled, "Where the HELL is her dad?"
                        -------------------------
                        Hearing Clark tell Loias that he doubts this is the last they would see of Maxima had be wishing he wasn't wrong.
                        ---------------------
                        Clark tells Lois he never realized how Chloe felt about him when they were in high school. Yes he did. They had started dating in the last ep or so in S1, Chloe had her heart broken when he ditched her at a dance to save Lana, and they agreed to be just friends in S2. If I'm not mistaken, Chloe later said something that had Clark gently telling her than he didn't think of her like that (in a romantic context).

Comment

-------------
                          -----------------
                          He used it at least until Bloodline where Chloe asked him to steal the power generator.
                          -----
                          Maybe not Tess' marine background, but her drive to save the world will remain a constant theme throughout the next years.
                          Last edited by DJ Doena; 12-12-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Ollie's throwing the posioned dart at the black guard (and I use his race as it's the only feature I think of to distinguish him from the other guard) stretches credibility. Too far for him to hit given the distance and the almost paper-weight of the dart (it would fall to the ground).
                            ---------------
                            Clark's damaging public property to disable (and possibly kill) Tess (and Oliver's) assailaint is a stretch. He could have superspeeded to her rescue, throwing Mr. Thug into a wall knocking him out. No chance of killing the bad guy (Clark's done this kind of things lotas of times now) or damaging public property.
                            -----------------------------
                            One of the great mysteries of Smallville, is why Clark didn't make Lionel confess to killing theVeritas members. Espescially the Queens.
                            -----------------------
                            He didn't exactly throw it. When he embraced Tess he removed one of her hair bands and used it as a slingshot.
                            -----
                            Sometimes I don't understand their use of FX either. On the one hand you have Clark being almost invisible during the episode (i.e. you only hear his superspeed return from Campo Grande, Brazil). And then they do a big flashy heat vision destruction FX.

It would have simply sufficed to have the black dude suddenly be thrown back against a wall and see him slumped there. You wouldn't even have to see Clark. This way you could have Tess wide awake (and not yet another convenient case of K.O.) with her seeing the whole thing and still be none the wiser.
                            -----
                            I don't know how much time has passed but Clark learned of this at the end of Traveler and Lionel died right at the beginning of Descent. Despite there being another episode in between (Veritas) I have the feeling that only a few days have passed and that Clark never got the chance. And even so, Clark already knew that Lionel was a murderer (his own parents) and he and even his would-be victim Chloe seem to have forgiven him for he pre-Jor-El life.
                            Last edited by DJ Doena; 12-13-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Clark tells Lois he never realized how Chloe felt about him when they were in high school. Yes he did. They had started dating in the last ep or so in S1, Chloe had her heart broken when he ditched her at a dance to save Lana, and they agreed to be just friends in S2. If I'm not mistaken, Chloe later said something that had Clark gently telling her than he didn't think of her like that (in a romantic context).
                              Clark knew Chloe had a crush on him. But maybe he never realized how deep her feelings really were. To be fair, Chloe, Clark and Lois are masters of keeping their true feelings hidden until it bursts out of them like Mount Vesuvius on Pompeii.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                                Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                                He used it at least until Bloodline where Chloe asked him to steal the power generator.
                                He used it again in Rabid when he discovered Chloe's spycam but assumed it was Mercy's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎