#5.09 "With All My Heart"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.09 "With All My Heart"

Episode Description:

Merlin knows he must act fast before Morgana's twisted control over Gwen gets further out of hand. But only the most powerful magic can save the queen and this will not be easy, even for Merlin. As the high priestess tightens her grip on Camelot, one thing is clear - she will not give up her puppet without a fight.

Great episode, I loved the special effects of that witch, also how forceful Merlin was, Some great moments, especially at the end when arthur forgot about merlin lol

Mordrid is up to something, I think he is working on his own plot for sure, when he said he will do what is best for Camelot, that was the key moment for me, we have seen that type of line said many times in the past, with peoples own interpenetration of what is best...

I think he is working for the 3 ancient witches in the save

Comment

Gwen is back! Awesomely funny moments between Arthur and old woman Merlin

Remembers it's ending:
      I guess that also means we won't really see Gwen's reaction to all that happened while she was under Morgana's control... like her brothers death.

I have no idea what is up with Mordred. He seems so geniuine. You can never tell what's going on in his head.
      Last edited by LuthorKent90; 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

This was by far my favorite episode of the 5th and final season of Merlin. I liked how they didn't waste a lot of time having Merlin explain everything to (and then having to convince) Arthur about Guinevere. I also loved how Arthur's love for and devotion to Guinevere never wavered. He protected her from accusation and gossip by confiding in no one except Merlin, Gaius and later Mordred. Sure a long snog would be nice, but we don't need to see that when the couple has been married for 3 years now and are comfortable and secure in their relationship. The interaction between Arthur and Gwen in this episode shows the depth of their love and commitment for each other.

Merlin was hilarious (I think one of Colin Morgan's best performances)! His irritation with Arthur's questions, his concerns and complaints voiced to Gaius when Arthur wasn't present, and his performance as the Dorma were right on the money. I especially liked his confrontation with the Dochraid; there is a steely ruthlessness in Merlin when he's pushed too far that's thrilling to watch. Since Arthur is a man of his word, it will be interesting to see if he keeps his promise to the "Dorma" in the remaining episodes.

I do miss the charming, kind-hearted Morgana of seasons past. Sometimes when she's being criticized for her behavior now you can almost see a glimpse of the woman she used to be. That said, I really can't stand Morgana now and want her dead. Poor, little abused Aithusa. My heart breaks for that little dragon. He is not even a shadow of the magnificent creature he was born to be. Morgana may have befriended him, but she hasn't the power or control over him like a dragon lord does. Poor little guy not only stopped dead in his tracks at Merlin's commands, but I thought I saw a bit of terror in his eyes.

This was another good episode for Gaius. His expressions and voice inflections are fantastic when he's instructing the young'uns.

I don't know what Mordred is up to. I know what he says and how he's handled himself so far, but we know Mordred of legend. How will Merlin's handlers deal with his part in Camelot's fall? I am so glad to have my Guinevere back! Angel Coulby did a great job with Guinevere's arc and showing us Guinevere's will and spirit being returned. Since this is my longest post of the season yet, it's safe to say this one is hovering up around 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.
        Last edited by Raistlin; 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

It was one of the better episodes this final season, that's for sure. I'm glad that they didn't go into Merlin having to convince Arthur about Gwen; he saw it for himself.

I don't know about Mordrid. I believe that he truly wants to prove himself to Arthur and especally to Merlin. He hasn't done anything to make me believe he is in fact working an ulterior motive and/or working for/with Morgana.

Comment

He hasn't but the one plot line I have got into my head from this show is that they almost reveal the finale storyline early

the seeds of destruction and mordred being that seed and so on. I am certain he is actually evil, I am just thinking in my head how he is evil. maybe he does not have another motive and simply kills Arthur to save camelot.

It certainly will be interesting, they have a huge show ending finale lined up. I really hope we have 2 or 3 episodes of everyone knowing merlin uses magic

Comment

Totally loved it. So far this has been best episode for this season, since there are only 2 more episodes to go and a two episode finale...
              am expecting much more epic episodes!!!

Comment

This episode finally airs in the U.S. tonight!

Comment

so glad its finally back but only what 5 more episodes left?

Comment

Now this was a good one!

Gwen caught by Percival and playing the Elyan card. Finally, Merlin can show Arthur at least one secret!

Old!Merlin/Emrys using Excalibur against the Dohlraid (sic?).

Ah, Gaius! Not a sorcerer but a sorceress? Hee.

Gwen being heavier than she looks. Merlin taking his tumble, Arthur too and Mordred to the rescue. Nice shot, Mordred but I'm not sure that will help ease the hate in Morgana's heart.

Old!lady!Merlin was a riot, so fun. But the curing of Gwen was majorly anti-climactic. I mean, they made this huge deal out of it and as soon as she got into the water, big blast of light and that's it? Where was the big fight that had been spoken of? Sure seemed an easy fix.

And Mordred. I honestly believe that, right now, he's on Merlin's side. That he's good. I think we have an Anakin Skywalker sitch here. That in trying to do good or prevent bad things from happening, Merlin will make that very thing happen. But it could be that Mordred is playing his own game (if so, it seems separate from Morgana's).

So yeah, a good episode and a nice return for the final eps.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎