Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Muse Of Fire?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good episode. The whole Well-dressed man being Tommy's father threw me for a curve. Oh can't wait for more.

Comment

10!

Great EP. Good set up to next week!

Comment

Absolutely brilliant !!!
        I am finally happy that Ollie gets someone else to share his feelings other than Diggle, Diggle has been just diggle but he is sometimes very right, Ollie taking the whole Arrow thing in personal than for the cause, I am guessing Diggle is more mentor than a side kick to Arrow. And about Huntress, She is good and perfect for oliie but we all know where Ollie going to end up but this is a good change.
        And about Tommy, poor thing… Lost his trust fund and it kind of worked with Laurel. And date at Indian restaurant, I was like…yay for a second and yeah it is true.. Indian food is spicy, nobody can you tell you better than me.

And other good things in the episode, so Tommy’s father is Barrowman something didn’t see it coming. Lol but good surprise, now I see why Tommy also rich as Ollie. So that means tommy is eventually going take the Barrowman’s place and become villain? I wonder where this part of story will lead too…
        And, YaY Walter is back, I really like Walter is coming back to Moira.

And HELL yeah.. This episode is worth of waiting the gap. So 10 POINTS!!!!!

Comment

Loved it! I liked the chemistry between Ollie & Helena. Is she coming back to the series?. I'd like to see more of her. Also glad Ollie can share his secret with someone else.

It wasn't until the fencing scene I thought John Barrowman would be Tommy's dad.( although he doesn't look old enough!)
          Good episode all round.
          Last edited by mcwelling197; 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Another great episode, almost as good as the fifth one but that might just be because im desperate to see more and have to wait another week.

Comment

The CW’s Arrow continues to fly straight, this Wednesday drawing 3.7 million total viewers while scoring a 1.3 demo rating in the Nielsen finals, up a tenth from its last fresh episode. And how about that Well-Dressed Man reveal? That possible identity wasn’t even on my radar. Supernatural, however, led out of that with 2.07 […]

Comment

As much as it is a surprise to see well dressed man be Daddy Merlyn, he is not old enough...Other then that, creepy bed scene between him and Mama Queen was a little too Tommy and Oliver could be bro's type of realization then him threatening her.
                Helena had a good start I wonder if they are going to ever use the name "huntress" like they are not using "green arrow" but the hood.
                Thea needs to stop giving Oliver ideas that make him do things like tell daughter of mob boss who he really is. Tho I guess Bruce/Batman lapses on judgment when pretty black haired hazel eyed assassin's bat there eyes at him too so I should not be surprised.
                Tommy and Laurel scenes were cute and a contrast to the Oliver/Helena scene. I would love to see them on a double date. Diggle seems to again be just the relationship guy, keeps refocusing on the fact that Oliver has no idea how to show his emotions/feelings to his family except by lying to them and fighting crime "for them".
                I feel bad for Thea to be left out of the "coupling" this episode, everyone got something except for her. She needs to get an episode focused more on her.

Comment

WTF is up with the neck breaking??!! Our "hero" can be a pre-meditated murderer as long as it's to protect his secret identity??? I understand this isn't the comics and can appreciate going "dark," as most action-driven tv shows try to do these days, but how can we root for this guy as our protagonist? If he at least showed some remorse it would be fine, but from the first episode he shows he is willing and able to kill to satisfy his agenda. And not even Diggle has called him on it??? Moreover, I find it hilarious that Ollie tries to pretend like he can judge Helena and her vendetta when he is willing to (so easily) cross the same lines.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboi2003
                    WTF is up with the neck breaking??!! Our "hero" can be a pre-meditated murderer as long as it's to protect his secret identity??? I understand this isn't the comics and can appreciate going "dark," as most action-driven tv shows try to do these days, but how can we root for this guy as our protagonist? If he at least showed some remorse it would be fine, but from the first episode he shows he is willing and able to kill to satisfy his agenda. And not even Diggle has called him on it??? Moreover, I find it hilarious that Ollie tries to pretend like he can judge Helena and her vendetta when he is willing to (so easily) cross the same lines.
                    Apart of it is partially True but we need to understand the fact that this story is more connected with realistic world. Oliver is not Clark Kent who can save the day and then take off without being noticed and so the story villains are not so naďve, these guys are criminals, murderers who are on the city cop’s rador. If Ollie is killing them to save innocents perhaps he is doing the same job as court passing death sentence to them but the difference is that with Ollie the guilty is charged without the opportunity of being escaped that’s what makes him a true Vigilante. He is taking law on his hand to save the good at the right time not to wait until the next full moon which is why he is HERO for the story and we agreed to see him on that way

I know your point about Ollie just hitting Arrow in the regular guys who is working for the actual villains, those dead people may have families they could also have had different reason to be working with the bad guys but not naturally bad people and all of them deserve second chance to change but we also need to see the fact that this is TV show and we are just seeing what they have been showing to us.. Ollie is hitting those guys with Arrows but they’re not showing that if he is actually killing them or not. Ollie is very skillful with using Arrow perhaps he is shooting arrows just to hurt them but not necessarily killing them. And he is Kill shots are to the people who deserve dying. If he doesn’t do this.. He won’t be a Vigilante and the show will turn boring, remember again that we are in super hero tv show who has no super human abilities so he got be tough tougher toughest to get things going on.. we just need to accept it the way it is..

Comment

Originally posted by alanftw
                      It was alright. This love triangle seems very familiar, like Batman/Catwoman.
                      I'm not one for the love twists and turns. I did like him and Helena - they seem to get each other. So for me I'd prefer they keep the two together. I like that in the latest Spiderman movie with Gwen - no ups and downs or that stuff - just a good guy verse bad guy superhero's tale - leave the love triangle angst for Gossip Girls. Not that I don't like a little romance - I do - but lets keep it steady if they're putting him with Helena lets to it right. Things will fall apart soon enough the way her character is and Laurel will still be there - maybe. But I hope they don't make that stuff the focus of the show. Love the fighting - the organized crime tying in with business. Good show. Always makes me want to see the next one

Comment

Loved it! Helena, the brewing mob turf war, Ollie and Helena's meeting of minds at the restaurant, Merlyn and Laurel's evolving relationship and the reveal of Merlyn's dad -- while he was fencing no less! This was a solid episode.

On an unrelated note, I still find it amusing the Queens have set up their nest at the "Luthor mansion". I almost expect Lex to come out of the bathroom, brushing his teeth:

"Hey, could ya keep the decibel level down a bit, guys? Some of us have to go to work early tomorrow!"

Comment

This episode was just okay. The writing was solid but at no point did the story strike as really that interesting. The mob war seemed like a good idea but there's never really anything at stake. We don't see no mobsters gunning each other down, there's no build up to anything worthwile. There's just too few extras to make it seem convincing.

The Huntress debut was really lame, didn't buy into it one bit. Didn't care much for the actress either. Her scenes with Ollie were alright but they developed a too trusting relationship too soon. We also didn't get enough of her Huntress persona, she was just some random mob boss daughter wanting revenge and nothing more. She didn't even use arrows herself.

Geoff Johns' contribution to this (whatever it truly was because he was only one of two of the teleplay writers) wasn't anything special. This could have been written by anyone else. When he wrote for Smallville you could see and feel the boost in quality. Then again Arrow overall feels way better than Smallville. Johns is clearly doing too much work on too many projects and it's really beginning to show. He's starting to write on autopilot.

I liked the side plots/moments with Moira, Thea, Merlyn and detective Lance. Seeing Kelly Hu again was cool, added immersion but not much else.

Originally posted by rudeboi2003
                          I agree. I'm like "didn't Ollie murder a bunch of people himself, why is he whining about the killing?"

I've already accepted that this version of the Arrow is different in regards to how he uses his arrows...or at least it looks like he kills them because once the dudes go down, they stay down. They aren't grunting in pain etc. unless it's plot specific.

Comment

I'm wondering...what if Merlyn, the comics character, is going to be some legacy in this series that Tommy's father builds up at first and at probably series end, Tommy Merlyn becomes that villain going up against Ollie?

Comment

Absolutely amazing!
                              It would have been nice to learn some more about the island, though.

Comment

Another good episode. I really loved the opening scene with Thea in the sexy, school girl outfit. Great bonding between Moria and Thea and then with Tommy and Laurel. Speaking of Tommy, my first thought after he walked away very angrily from his dad after finding out that he cut off all of his money supply, was that his first step towards darkness was that he would kill him, soon. I doubt that happens though. Despite seeing very little of Diggle in this episode, I still enjoyed his scenes. He's a boss! And finally, I think this relationship with Helena/Oliver could work out well, for now. It's a great to see that he has found someone with pretty much the same stuff he's been going through.

I was thinking about what happened between Tommy and his dad and I have a theory that could be gold or stupid. Here goes...............what if all of that was just a ruse? Think about it, it was going to be hard for Tommy to win Laurel over on his own. He's pretty much what Oliver[ party animal and has a lot of money] is, except, [ besides the Green Arrow persona]Laurel at a time[ and maybe she still does] really loved him. So, he came up with a plan with his dad to strip away all of his money supply and then car and apartment, to get the sympathetic card from Laurel. There was a strong emphasis I think when Tommy told Laurel about him losing his apartment, almost as secretly trying to get her to say he could stay with her. Go back a little further and this plan could've started in the episode where he was so warm and fuzzy towards Thea, after her failed attempt running over him. All of this in front of Laurel, so that was big points for Tommy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎