Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Into The Deep?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Into The Deep?

What did you think?
    10 - This episode was so good it was on fire.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode cursed me with the sleeping curse cause it was sooo boring.
    0%

Loved the character interactions in this. I did not see the Aurora twist coming. Hook has become what he beheld. The heart ripping cycle is becoming as tedious as it is tragic, IMO.

Comment

Gave it a 9!

I'll have to rewatch to figure out how Cora is controlling Aurora, BUT...things I loved about this one?

- all the dream scenarios, but especially, the one with Snow and Charming and was glad the show took some time to kind of explain why Snow wasn't there to begin with
      - all the moments with Emma and Snow
      - Snow about to WAIL on Mulan, showing how determined she is
      - the Hook/Cora team-up
      - the Belle/Rumple date at Granny's
      - Granny's snark
      - Regina making the Sleeping Curse potion a la The Evil Queen from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
      - the scene between Henry and Regina; even though I still want Evil!Regina back, those bonding scenes with them are nice
      - Aurora really showing up in this one and not giving up her new friends even for the promise of Phillip coming back
      - Cora being able to control Aurora

Lots of great character stuff and it moved the plot forward in interesting ways.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
        Gave it a 9!

I'll have to rewatch to figure out how Cora is controlling Aurora, BUT...things I loved about this one?

- all the dream scenarios, but especially, the one with Snow and Charming and was glad the show took some time to kind of explain why Snow wasn't there to begin with
        - all the moments with Emma and Snow
        - Snow about to WAIL on Mulan, showing how determined she is
        - the Hook/Cora team-up
        - the Belle/Rumple date at Granny's
        - Granny's snark
        - Regina making the Sleeping Curse potion a la The Evil Queen from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
        - the scene between Henry and Regina; even though I still want Evil!Regina back, those bonding scenes with them are nice
        - Aurora really showing up in this one and not giving up her new friends even for the promise of Phillip coming back
        - Cora being able to control Aurora

Lots of great character stuff and it moved the plot forward in interesting ways.
        I got the impression that Hook learned how to remove hearts and while Aurora was sleeping he removed her heart. He then woke her up and set her free knowing he and now Cora would have control over her.

I am glad to see Hook being the conniving villain he is suppose to be. I also wonder why he didn't seem afraid when Cora threatened to kill him. It makes me wonder if he has some sort of protection spell or other magic abilities he is hiding. For him to believe he can stand up and defeat Rumple after the royal beat down he got before, he must have found some type of new power.

I am so glad to see David being Charming. He is truly the man Snow is meant to be with.

Even though I have enjoyed seeing the good in both Rumple and Regina, I am ready for their more villainous sides to come out. I have a feeling after hearing Emma say that she blames Regina for what happened to Henry, that some fireworks are going to happen between those two when Emma returns. Rumple is suppose to be the most feared man in both Fairy Tale Land and Storybrooke, it is time him we see him exercising that fear he has over people.

Comment

So is it necessary to show "the fairest of them all" so ugly?
          I can't with Mary Margaret' hair, clothes, make up....I can't with her. I'm starting to dislike her.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
            I got the impression that Hook learned how to remove hearts and while Aurora was sleeping he removed her heart. He then woke her up and set her free knowing he and now Cora would have control over her.
            That's the only thing that makes some sense right now since we didn't see Aurora's heart ripped out, but like the "no body, no death" policy, I'm waiting it out to see if that's truly the deal or not. Hook doesn't use magic so that seems sort of strange that he would be able to perform that magical feat. But, hey, maybe he had training just like Regina did?

I am glad to see Hook being the conniving villain he is suppose to be.
            RIGHT? I was a little worried they might make him a sympathetic, redemptive character and honestly, I'm a little tired of that. I've hated that so early in this story, Regina has already flipped after being the EVIL Queen so it's nice to see villains BE VILLAINS.

Even though I have enjoyed seeing the good in both Rumple and Regina, I am ready for their more villainous sides to come out. I have a feeling after hearing Emma say that she blames Regina for what happened to Henry, that some fireworks are going to happen between those two when Emma returns. Rumple is suppose to be the most feared man in both Fairy Tale Land and Storybrooke, it is time him we see him exercising that fear he has over people.
            I, too, am hoping that Regina regains some of her villainy once Emma and Snow come back because I really miss it. I like that Regina does seem to be trying to be good for Henry's sake, but she's just way more fun when she's evil.

Emma blaming Regina in this episode did seem a little forced, but I think for the story and Emma's character, I'm glad to see her wanting justice for the mess Regina created. Regina has had pretty much NO consequence for what she did to that whole group of people. She destroyed their land and took away their happy endings and she even killed her father to make it happen. And, yet, the only thing that came back at her after she was outed was an angry mob storming her house who decided not to do anything, being thrown in jail for a short time, Granny shooting an arrow at her, which she caught and turned around on them, and a wraith stalking her that never really damaged her. I just think writing-wise, she needs to have a real consequence and even with all that, I don't think it's enough. Having to answer to Emma for real could be a good start. It could create great drama between Regina and Emma in Storybrooke and even Henry and Emma since Henry is seeing this version of Regina who is trying to be good while Emma still sees her as the woman who caused her family and all of these people so much heartache.

Originally posted by Penca
            So is it necessary to show "the fairest of them all" so ugly?
            I know "the fairest of them all" has mostly been interpreted as being beautiful, but doesn't it actually refer to her white skin (thus Snow "White")? If that's the case, it's not so much about her beauty as it is her skin tone. But, then I don't think Snow is ugly so I'm just trying to figure that out.
            Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-26-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I mean, I love Ginnifer as Snow, but I don't understand why they don't show the girl as pretty as she is.
              I've watched many Ginny' films and she has never looked so bad.
              I don't need a really HOT cast, but come on, she is Snow White, a princessˇˇ
              Can you imagine Thor being a tiny man?
              Snow should be a bit prettyˇ

Comment

That's the only thing that makes some sense right now since we didn't see Aurora's heart ripped out, but like the "no body, no death" policy, I'm waiting it out to see if that's truly the deal or not. Hook doesn't use magic so that seems sort of strange that he would be able to perform that magical feat. But, hey, maybe he had training just like Regina did?
                Hook is a man bent on revenge and I can see him wanting to learn that trick and anything else necessary to take down Rumple. I wouldn't be surprised if Cora taught him how to do it. If he crosses over to Storybrook, I fear for Belle. I can see Hook wanting to rip out Belle's heart as revenge. Regina is right, now that Rumple has a love, he is more vulnerable.

RIGHT? I was a little worried they might make him a sympathetic, redemptive character and honestly, I'm a little tired of that. I've hated that so early in this story, Regina has already flipped after being the EVIL Queen so it's nice to see villains BE VILLAINS.
                I agree, it is getting old taking villians and making them nice. I know lots of people like Rumple with Belle so I am probably the only one that wants to see him be evil. He started off great the first season as the master puppeteer who used and manipulated people for his own cause. I prefer the evil Rumple that you never can tell what are his true motives.

I, too, am hoping that Regina regains some of her villainy once Emma and Snow come back because I really miss it. I like that Regina does seem to be trying to be good for Henry's sake, but she's just way more fun when she's evil.

Emma blaming Regina in this episode did seem a little forced, but I think for the story and Emma's character, I'm glad to see her wanting justice for the mess Regina created. Regina has had pretty much NO consequence for what she did to that whole group of people. She destroyed their land and took away their happy endings and she even killed her father to make it happen. And, yet, the only thing that came back at her after she was outed was an angry mob storming her house who decided not to do anything, being thrown in jail for a short time, Granny shooting an arrow at her, which she caught and turned around on them, and a wraith stalking her that never really damaged her. I just think writing-wise, she needs to have a real consequence and even with all that, I don't think it's enough. Having to answer to Emma for real could be a good start. It could create great drama between Regina and Emma in Storybrooke and even Henry and Emma since Henry is seeing this version of Regina who is trying to be good while Emma still sees her as the woman who caused her family and all of these people so much heartache.
                I want to see epic battles between good and evil. How can there be epic battles if the bad guys really aren't bad. I guess that is why they are bringing Cora to Storybrook. They have to have a big bad baddie to fight since they have made Regina and Rumple somewhat nice guys. In the end, I think Regina as well as Rumple need to have real consequences for what they have done.

Comment

Well we saw Cora control Aurora, but somehow I don't think that is Auroras heart. Mind you I have no idea how the control would work otherwise, but I feel like Hook is totally about double-crossing Cora. And we know that Hook makes it to Storyville - not so much Cora.

Comment

Originally posted by Penca
                    I mean, I love Ginnifer as Snow, but I don't understand why they don't show the girl as pretty as she is.
                    I've watched many Ginny' films and she has never looked so bad.
                    I don't need a really HOT cast, but come on, she is Snow White, a princessˇˇ
                    Can you imagine Thor being a tiny man?
                    Snow should be a bit prettyˇ
                    I totally agree with you! The haircut is not flattering at all like they're trying to make her unattractive. And the clothing in this episode looked more like her schoolmarm clothing than something you would see her wearing in Fairytale land.

Besides that, I really loved this episode. Only thing I'm confused about is how Hook got Aurora's heart but I assume they'll explain that at some point.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎