Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of A Little Slice of Kevin?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of A Little Slice of Kevin?

What did you think?
    10 - Loved it as much as a slice of pie.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode needs to be sliced and diced and thrown in a blender.
    0%

Great special effects, revelations, plot advancement, and Crowley. All the ingredients for a great episode were present tonight, and a great episode it was.

Comment

Assuming the 'slice' of Kevin was a reference to his finger

Another great episode this season and possibly my favorite right under "Blood Brother" for season eight. Definitely a surprise to hear Metatron was an archangel, but most likely he was a "special" archangel that Anna didn't even know about. And some extra tidbit on future prophecies and the idea that Castiel thinks Chuck died(c'mon, he has to show up now to clear the air).

Was semi-correct on Naomi saving Castiel and using him to stay with the Winchesters while they go hunting for the tablets...and the whole idea of being a hunter now is probably to stick around with them and take in all of their secrets. Still saying Naomi is an Ophanim which is a type of angel that's never been shown since Carver did say she will be a new type of angel.

Comment

LOVE it!! Gave it a 10. Haven't been this excited about a SPN episode in a LONG time and haven't wanted to watch an episode over again. I haven't been keeping up with SPN spoilers so I was SHOCKED to see Miss Sanctuary/Miss Stargate pop up at the end. It was an awesome surprise. And of course I'm thrilled to have Castiel back! I've missed him and I"ve missed his relationship with Dean! Dean needs his other brother back. Jensen was great in all his scenes with Misha.

Comment

Does this mean that Chuck will return? Chuck can't really be dead.

Comment

So we're supposed to ask what the other tablets in the compendium dealt with besides demons and levi's. What else is out there, we're to ask.
            And then as our voices are still trailing off from aking that, we're shown a secret order of CIA or KGB celestials?
            Are we not supposed to draw a direct line there? As in, will these hidden heavenlies have their own tablet devoted to them because they're our new threat?
            Or, like Chuck was our true prophet who had the inside track knowledge direct from God moreso than the others, are these new angels the inner "circle of trust" angels who've remained more closely connected to God's real plan the whole time? (as opposed to blindly following the announced plan which fooled the majority of angels but was just put out there by God to test His firstborn?)
            Or are these not angels at all but an infestation of heaven, and that's why they're masking their presence the way a spider deadens the nerves around where it's biting its victim?
            Either way, this secret boss thing reminds me of what happened on the A-Team during its final season, where some tycoon guy with street smarts managed to outmaneuver the guys and put them on a leash to become their boss to whom they were forced to report and be sent on missions of his choosing. It seems to be a final-season trope?

some of what the internet said about the thrones/ophanim:
            They also send healing energies, mirroring goodness without any trace of pride or ambition. They are living symbols of God’s justice and authority, passing messages from God himself to men and other angels. (Their true shapes are strange with rings covered with eyes.)
            Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.
            Last edited by InactiveUserID; 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM. Reason: Researched Ophanim

Comment

So I knew this was going to be a Cas-centric episode but I was surprised by how Crowley heavy it was too. (I like Cas, I just like Crowley more.)

The beginning was actually a really cool start with the teacher being a demon, the big wind and the kid and demon are gone. Though I don't remember there being such a big thing when demons take someone away?

I liked how Dean was seeing Cas and definitely got the vibe that that was so we would think Dean was seeing him out of guilt (and that especially Sam would think that). It was well done.

Poor Alfie (the angel Crowley was torturing). Wonder what happened to him? We never saw his fate. Was he killed or did the boys get him out?

"Mom, you've got to stop drowning me in holy water every time I go out." Funny line!

Sam muttering Latin into his phone was funny! Very clever. Though why he can't just say "Christo"....?

Sam asleep in the other bed (did anyone notice how hunched up he had to be to even fit in the bed? Poor Sammy's just too tall! LOL). And that brotherly moment of wise words and even a pat on the shoulder was very sweet (though some fans are crying foul since the boys were fighting in only the last episode. Guess Dean decided to let it lie and Sam figured all was well now that he'd yelled at Dean?).

The nextGen prophet thinking Crowley's an alien? Priceless (made me think of the Trickster and the dancing alien thing).

And the witch "Delta" was pretty cool. Until she sold them out to Crowley. I was actually hoping she'd be a 'good guy'. I wish one person with powers (besides Cas and Missouri) would turn out to be good, you know? Especially a powerful female character. I guess there was the Wiccan Mom though.

Cas back in his suit and trenchcoat. Nice to see.

Holy water super soaker! I've been rewatching Con vids lately and there was that one where the fan asks the J's why they don't carry those around. Jensen said something like they're too hard to hide on your person and the boys like concealed weapons. Nice to see them finally getting used, though, by Mrs. Tran.

The prophet thing. It was nice to get a mention of Chuck. The prophet thing made me think of Buffy though. The next slayer is activated when the current Slayer dies and until then they don't know or have their powers.

Ugh, the Kevin finger scene was a huge gross out for me, especially since I didn't see it coming and didn't have time to turn away much. Yuck!

Kevin reading the message and Crowley's line about "there are more tablets. More than Leviathan and Demon."
              Originally posted by InactiveUserID
              What else is out there, we're to ask.
              I'm wondering if there isn't one tablet for each 'species' (one for vampires, one for shapeshifters, etc.). Sort of an instruction manual for each?

Sam's use of the demon bomb (man, that could have come in handy before!) was very cool. And Castiel showing his wings (haven't seen that in ages!) but I didn't like the blue sparkly effect in his eyes.

Castiel's bringing forth Dean's memory. I hadn't thought that Cas had let go because he thought he had to pay penance (though that makes perfect sense). I thought he let go because he knew he couldn't get through and didn't want Dean to get caught in Purg. trying to get him out. And yes, that little talk about responsibility and Dean's guilt was much needed (seriously, Cas? You haven't figured out that Dean feels responsible for everyone he cares about yet?).

The abrupt transition and Amanda Tapping (soon as I saw her name in the credits began waiting for her! I should have known they were going to save her for the last five minutes). The confirmation that it was the angels who got him out (that had been my theory) was nice to get. I get the feeling they set up Castiel to be a mole for them. He'll spy on the Winchesters and Kevin without knowing it (he would never agree to it, I'm sure. The angels can keep tabs through Cas. Pretty clever, actually.

I really ended up liking this episode, gave it a 9. How it built up the mytharc and all the Crowley and the brothers not at each other's throats.

Comment

"The beginning was actually a really cool start with the teacher being a demon, the big wind and the kid and demon are gone. Though I don't remember there being such a big thing when demons take someone away?"

Remember these weren’t ordinary people being abducting; they were prophets. That’s why their abduction left omens behind.

Comment

Gets a 9 from me because Castiel went uber badass.

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
                    Remember these weren’t ordinary people being abducting; they were prophets. That’s why their abduction left omens behind.
                    Good point.

Comment

This is the best episode of the season by far. It was great to see Cas and Crowley back. I just love Mrs (souless) Tran, she is just so badass good now. Her character is fabulous. I hope that she doesn't get killed off. I give this episode a 9

The way that Cas was re-introduced left us guessing along with Dean and when he did re-appear, it was one of those bittersweet moments where there was so much to say but nothing being really said. Awesome. Loved also, how Cas, even though he wasn't juiced up to his full capacity, he was able to take on Crowley! Welcome back Cas Crowley who?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎