Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Legacies?"

I'm opening this thread a little early tonight since Canada finishes it earlier... what did you think of tonight's show? Talk about it here!
    10 - All Aces
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Flush it down the toilet
    0%

Honestly I thought this episode was kinda meh. Nothing that interesting except for maybe the hallucination scene on the island. For starters, I was a little disappointed with the Royal Flush Gang.....I expected them to be more "cooler". They really were just bank robbers in masks. The Tommy/Dinah scenes were just uninteresting and took away from the overall plot. The way Thea was crushing all over Tommy was just too predictable and awkward. Oh I did like the scene where Ollie and Diggle were fighting! But other than that, the episode wasn't terrible just nothing special. Definitely the worst so far.

7 out of 10 and that's a litte generous.

Comment

I don't know about any of you guys, but the first five minutes of the episode I couldn't hear what was being said and only could hear the soundtrack and special effects. I guess thats what I get for being with Charter. But the rest of the episode I give 7/10. Nothing really special. I liked Oliver taking his mom to Big Belly Burgers and I liked that that the Royal Flush gang didn't come in flying on magic cards.

Comment

I really liked it. From the Diggle Oliver scenes to Oliver and Moria reconnecting. Also, I bet Oliver's gonna regret burning a few of those pages. Almost defiantly some really important part will be on the ones he burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
          Honestly I thought this episode was kinda meh. Nothing that interesting except for maybe the hallucination scene on the island. For starters, I was a little disappointed with the Royal Flush Gang.....I expected them to be more "cooler". They really were just bank robbers in masks. The Tommy/Dinah scenes were just uninteresting and took away from the overall plot. The way Thea was crushing all over Tommy was just too predictable and awkward. Oh I did like the scene where Ollie and Diggle were fighting! But other than that, the episode wasn't terrible just nothing special. Definitely the worst so far.

I don't think it's the WORST episode thus far (wasn't a big fan of Episode 2), but otherwise my thoughts echo yours. Most of the drama was pretty predictable and cliche, but I really like how Diggle is starting to positively influence Ollie's mission. I was also happy to see Felicity Smoak once again. Ollie's starting to put together a nice looking team.

Comment

Originally posted by God-Man
            I don't think it's the WORST episode thus far (wasn't a big fan of Episode 2), but otherwise my thoughts echo yours. Most of the drama was pretty predictable and cliche, but I really like how Diggle is starting to positively influence Ollie's mission. I was also happy to see Felicity Smoak once again. Ollie's starting to put together a nice looking team.
            Well I don't really like the word "worst" because it wasn't really a bad episode. I think a better word would be "weakest". I actually remember liking the second episode.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man

ITA...It was alright, not an episode I'd re-watch right away.

Comment

Thought it was very good and I liked seeing Oliver fighting normal criminals too. Diggle is always cool and it was very nice to see Oliver and his mom having that moment at the end. Glad she isn't all bad and has more layers to her than just what seemed. To quote a favorite series "more than meets the eye".

Oh and also loved hearing "One More Night" by Maroon 5. Seems appropriate for Tommy and Dinah.

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this. He offered the guy a job, but what a Queen family member should have done was offer to make right with the payments the employees were screwed out of. This was one time Oliver could have been the hero without the Arrow. Also, I'm not sure about him going in and doing the cops' jobs. I wonder if he was really needed in that capacity. So did Oliver, but he did it for Diggle and the downed cop.

I like that it fleshed out the supporting characters more, but I didn't feel much closer to knowing more about Oliver. We know how his resolve changed, but I got that sense in the last episode. I mean he withstood torture for a friend and I thought that we saw a lot more of his strength then, but apparently he hadn't found it yet.

Comment

Really loved the story of Oliver and the flashbacks with the island, but the shortcoming for the episode was Quentin Lance not being around and the poor excuse of the Royal Flush Gang. I don't understand why they couldn't make them any better when they did such a great job with Deadshot and Deathstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                      Really loved the story of Oliver and the flashbacks with the island, but the shortcoming for the episode was Quentin Lance not being around and the poor excuse of the Royal Flush Gang. I don't understand why they couldn't make them any better when they did such a great job with Deadshot and Deathstroke.
                      I completely agree with the Royal Flush Gang thing. I was not impressed at all by them.

Comment

After last week that focused on Detective Lance, he doesn't appear in this episode. We have Oliver's ideals being tested by Diggle, who wants him to do more than just going after the people in the list. Oliver must concern himself with the people of Starling City as well and I'm not sure if Diggle got through to him in the end. The Royal Flush Gang was alright as this was the only way to translate them into live-action realistically. It's also nice to hear nods to Keystone City and Coast City.

Meanwhile, Merlyn returns and Dinah blows him off. So what does Merlyn do, he goes to Thea Queen of all people about relationship advice. In the end, Thea realizes that Merlyn was asking her about Dinah. Also nice to see Oliver and Moira re-bonding as mother and son. A good episode overall.

Comment

Have loved the series so far.
                          Last edited by Sugar; 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM. Reason: please don't post just to advertise yout own site. thanks!

Comment

I thought this episode was ok, but not quite as good as the others that we've seen so far.

Once again, I though the island scenes were the best part. It was nice to see Oliver progressively developing into the man that he is today. Also, I like that he's starting to realize that there's more to life than just his mission, mainly due to Diggle's influence. All in all, 7/10.

Comment

Thought it was ok. I like how the Oliver/Diggle partnership works. Not a huge fan of the Tommy/Dinah stuff to be honest. I prefer seeing her in her element.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎