Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Legacies?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still on this and probably won't get off it until the show does something to satisfy me, but does Oliver's mother suspect that Oliver really is "the Hood" after his behavior this episode? Could be, but they didn't really make it clear. If not, it wouldn't really make sense given that there's more than meets the eye to her as well, as Austin said above (ie. she's a Transformer. j/k She's far from being some naive person, she should be able to clue in). She along with Det. Lance, would be nice if at least these two strongly suspect it. It's funny how the very next episode after the courtroom fiasco, Oliver isn't laying low at all and is back at it. I don't think any character even mentioned the witch hunt events of the previous episode, apparently the world has moved on. No one anywhere is tracking Oliver's activities, not even the many criminals on Oliver's revenge list who apparently aren't all that concerned they're being targeted and picked off one by one (they too were apparently completely satisfied that Oliver couldn't possibly be the Hood because it's clearly not possible for another person to put on the same costume). Or at least, not that we've seen.

Comment

10!

I thought this was a great EP...surprised alot of people weren't in to it. And any EP with with Felicity Smoak gives it points. Emily Rickards is adorable to watch...even if it is only a scene

[edit] The more I think about it...there was alot of great character moments...Ollie/Diggle, Ollie/Moira, Tommy/Laurel, Tommy/Thea...Ollie/Robert in his hallucination...and they didn't rule out Royal Flush returning in some form.
      Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 11-15-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I especially enjoyed the scene with Oliver and his mom at the end. My oldest son and I have a relationship similar to theirs. Of course kids grow up (my son is 24) and move away and the relationship changes. I just really enjoyed watching him make the effort to spend some time with her.

Comment

this episode still pretty nice. very grounded royal flush gang. quite satisfying for me. only thing that KING was too soft.
          im not sure y oliver revealed himself to KING?

Comment

9 for the episode
            10 for the new trick arrow hahaha

Comment

Tonight's Arrow had the least amount of action so far this season, but it was still a good episode. There was more drama and stories being told. I like how they kept Oliver and Laurel away from each other with no scenes together in this episode.Just for once, it was a good change. I like how Oliver bonded more with his mom towards the end. Perhaps, everything she done before that was just to protect her family and she isn't a bad person. I like how Tommy and Ollie's sister bonded as well. For a guy that ends up being a villain of Oliver's, he certainly showed his gentle side. Unless it's just a front to impress Laurel. I also liked the fight scene with Diggle and Oliver at the start. Diggle is stacked and pretty well put together. The only down side was the Royal Flush Gang. They weren't that impressive.

Oh and I think maybe Thea thought the girl Tommy was trying to connect with was herself, lol

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                Honestly I thought this episode was kinda meh. Nothing that interesting except for maybe the hallucination scene on the island. For starters, I was a little disappointed with the Royal Flush Gang.....I expected them to be more "cooler". They really were just bank robbers in masks. The Tommy/Dinah scenes were just uninteresting and took away from the overall plot. The way Thea was crushing all over Tommy was just too predictable and awkward. Oh I did like the scene where Ollie and Diggle were fighting! But other than that, the episode wasn't terrible just nothing special. Definitely the worst so far.

7 out of 10 and that's a litte generous.
                I'll agree on it all - though I still rated it higher and I'd add I really like his scenes with his mother. I'd like to see more of him and maid too.

I'll add to it as well - I don't want to see some love triangle crap. The Amazing Spiderman had it right - its the super hero story that's interesting - not the love angst. I like the romance stuff but just make it good. Like I saw with Peter and Gwen.
                Last edited by ConnerW; 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Definitely another good episode, I give 9 points.

I am really happy with the way the writers doing amazing job in keeping up the story lines along with good amount of action and mixed drama.
                  And especially on this episode, they had to show that Arrow is just a person to right his father things but also be a hero for Starling city, Diggle did an amazing job in comprising Ollie on that part that proves that he not just a side kick who helps Arrow but also stand by to his own terms. I really started liking “Thea” very much, she is just so good, the way she gets along with Ollie, I love her brotherly instincts. But the sad part is that she is love with “Tommy” and Tommy is behind laurel. Tommy is such a man xyz.or whatever, Laurel is for Ollie… and he knows that laurel still loves oliie.. the way laurel looks at Ollie, she never looks at anyone in that way and not certainly Tommy. And about the back story.. Survie, survie and reason to survie. Poor Ollie. Over all I really enjoyed the episode as I did all the other episodes. This show is really doing well. Hoping for much more action and drama

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                    Honestly I thought this episode was kinda meh. Nothing that interesting except for maybe the hallucination scene on the island. For starters, I was a little disappointed with the Royal Flush Gang.....I expected them to be more "cooler". They really were just bank robbers in masks. The Tommy/Dinah scenes were just uninteresting and took away from the overall plot. The way Thea was crushing all over Tommy was just too predictable and awkward. Oh I did like the scene where Ollie and Diggle were fighting! But other than that, the episode wasn't terrible just nothing special. Definitely the worst so far.

7 out of 10 and that's a litte generous.
                    I liked it quite a bit.

I agree the RFG were just bank robbers, but I'm thinking we won't be seeing any super powers for quite some time. The scenes with Tommy and Diana and Thea i thought were very good.

I would have loved the part where Ollie tried to give the gang a second chance, to help partially right an injustice his father committed on them, had a cop not been shot. And it didn't work out, as these things tend to do on TV.

Solid ep, I think.

Comment

A very enjoyable episode.

Thea was great, Tommy finally got something to do and Laurel was just annoying. The Gang could have used more characterization but they served the story well enough. Points for continuity and cuteness with Felicity Smoake. Though it's weird detective Lance was nowhere to be seen. Even if he didn't have any input in the episode, him being present would have helped with the immersion.

Comment

This was a good solid hour of television. The story kept my interest, the episode had lots of action, it was pretty entertaining and it continued to develop the plot and characters. Theres really not much more I could ask for. I don't think it was perfect and it definitley had its flaws, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the episode at all.

Comment

It was a pretty good episode and I liked that it had backed off with Dinah berating Oliver at every turn. It was nice to see Tommy and I figured that Thea has a crush on him. It is always nice to see Felicity. Moira and Oliver bonding again was great. Overall I gave the episode a 9/10.

Comment

First things first the opening was very cool, it's hard not to draw comparisons to the opening of the Dark Knight seen as though this shows template has adopted many many things from Nolan's Bat-series but just like the Dark Knight opening it was a great way to introduce the antagonist(s) and their motivations. Much like TDK it was an opening with nothing we haven't really seen before but again it was very very cool.

On the Royal Flush Gang I did think they were always going to be hard to tone down to a real world style but it strangely worked. Of course if your a fan of the Royal Flush Gang that showed up in say Justice League: Doom then I would say this probably isn't for you. Fortunately I was happy with this interpretation.

My one main question of this weeks show is why does Thea think Tommy is interested in her when she knows he's been getting it on with Laurel?

I'm so glad Diggle called Oliver out on fighting for the little guy, Green Arrow has always fought for the little guy so I was very happy with this.

Arrow breaking into the Police Station was cool but a little short.

The Flush Gang/Police/Arrow shoot out was awesome and Arrow used a trick arrow whoop!

Once again the flashbacks were superb, I would love an episode that's more flashback than anything else.

The Tommy/Laurel stuff was ok I suppose but I wasn't that interested. I'm pretty sure this is all gonna payoff eventually though. I'm just worried if Tommy is to turn evil then it'l be because if Laurel and not something else.

I didn't like that Oliver revealed himself to Reston at the end but meh. The action scenes weren't as good as previous episodes but still decent.

Lastly, where the hell was Detective Lance this week?

A good episode but probably weakest so far for me 8/10

Comment

The worst episode so far, in my opinion. While there were some cool bits, the way they did the Royal Flush Gang was really meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎