Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tomorrow People (CW 2013) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The series premiere will be repeated on CW October 11, 2 days after it debuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
      The series premiere will be repeated on CW October 11, 2 days after it debuts.
      So it is going to be like last year were they had a repeat of Arrow and Beauty and the Beast a couple days after the premiere.

Comment

Yup not a bad idea. They did that with Smallville the Sunday after it premiered too. I think The Tomorrow People will do very well. If im correct theyre doing the same thing with The Originals where they show an encore a few days later. Im hoping this means they feel TTP has a lot of potential.

Anyone know if theyre doing what they did with WGN again this season? Where they showed Arrow and Vampire Diaries on WGN as well as CW? Im hoping if that happens again this season that maybe Tomorrow will be one that gets the treatment this time around.

Who does the song thats playing in the commercials? I think one of the lyrics is waking up where I dont know where ive been and then it repeats save me a few times. Anyone know?
        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Ultra
          the big evil company or corporation that seems like a evil Shield.
          The main villain is freakin brilliant he gives the mutants a choice of work for him so a fate worse than death or die.
          Extract powers, study or kill them.
          Also likely convinced both his methods and goal are good or noble so think of him as a mix of Mr.sinister, lex Luther, and that x men villain William Stryker.

Comment

Didn't see an EP thread for last night's EP.

It was an okay EP. They introduced some stuff for the rest of the season...so that is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
              Didn't see an EP thread for last night's EP.

It was an okay EP. They introduced some stuff for the rest of the season...so that is good.
              Personally I liked last nights show, sadly I think the show will not see a second season(I guess if it can keep it's ratings steady when it moves to Monday Night at 9PM it might be renewed but I think that is a death slot and the ratings will tank)

Comment

Which is a shame cause I like the actors and the general premise...but much like Almost Human...this show isn't living up to it's potential. It feels like an 8PM show for me and I felt that way from the Pilot. 9PM is a hard spot for The CW unless your an older series like SPN which has a loyal following.

Comment

I agree and it doesn't help that so many of the characters who are supposed to be the "good guys" feel just annoying if not flat out unlikable and everyone is just so uninteresting. This "super secret" government agency thing is also entirely played out at this point, it'd be a much more interesting and fun show if they just did a lot more things in the real world with people instead of relying on this single storyline with no actual B-plot and a main storyline that's duller than a butter knife. It takes itself entirely too damn serious. It's like for **** sake, you have SUPER POWERS, lighten the hell up and have some fun! I guess at least, we don't have a mopey character wishing he was normal like that one show did for most of its ten years.

I need to catch up with Almost Human, I only watched the first episode and I was underwhelmed and the premise is such a cheesy gimmick that was pulled right out of the 80s without the fun factor. Should get to watching the next couple episodes and give it more of a chance to develop...
                  Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 01-18-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                    Which is a shame cause I like the actors and the general premise...but much like Almost Human...this show isn't living up to it's potential. It feels like an 8PM show for me and I felt that way from the Pilot. 9PM is a hard spot for The CW unless your an older series like SPN which has a loyal following.
                    You can always get your fill watching the 1970s British Children's series of the Tomorrow People

Last edited by Supsfan; 01-18-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I assume this is what you meant by that post...I am not saying the show needs to be changed to fit an 8PM slot...the show as is belongs in an 8PM slot.

Comment

I am a huge fan of arrow and since I wait 5 minutes earlier for arrow I always see this show on. I know that it is stephen amells cousin who plays the protagonist and that the show involves powers. Can someone gve me a brief summary about why this show is good, I may start watching it regularly. I just don't want to get too lazy and sit down from 7-9 every Wednesday lol so I might watch TTP on Thursday when it's uploaded online because I never miss Arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by deathstroke79
                          I am a huge fan of arrow and since I wait 5 minutes earlier for arrow I always see this show on. I know that it is stephen amells cousin who plays the protagonist and that the show involves powers. Can someone gve me a brief summary about why this show is good, I may start watching it regularly. I just don't want to get too lazy and sit down from 7-9 every Wednesday lol so I might watch TTP on Thursday when it's uploaded online because I never miss Arrow.
                          I should warn you this show looks like decent chance it gets cancelled. Just my opinion but I am guessing about 25% chance it gets renewed and maybe that is being to hopeful.

As for the rundown of the show from wikipedia:

The Tomorrow People are humans who, as a result of genetic evolution, develop special powers (the "three T's" of telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis). The series focuses on Stephen Jameson, a newly-emergent member of the Tomorrow People, as was his father who, as the most powerful of the Tomorrow People, disappeared years before the current events in the series, trying to find a place where they could live safely. The Tomorrow People are hunted by Ultra, an organization that uses Tomorrow People to hunt down others and neutralize them; their headquarters are designed to neutralize the powers of Tomorrow People.

If you a hardcore scifi geek I would suggest watching it but if you a casual scifi viewer I probably would stay away. If you enjoy people fighting a big "evil" group type storylines you probably will like it, if you not into that kind of stuff you probably best to pass.

Comment

The MAR 5th EP was pretty good. John/Astrid was nice.

[edit] I think Charlotte is gonna be a force if they actually do something with her.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎