X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent. Lucifer lives.

Comment

woohoo! LUCIFER!

Comment

This is really coming together. Seems like we're hearing a lot of casting news lately which I think is great. And whoo Mark playing another big bad!

Comment

If the pilot get picked up to series (fairly certain that it will) this show will become, without any doubt, a HUGE hit! The whole concept sounds awesome, and I like the casting so far...especially the male casting

Comment

You're all following http://twitter.com/TomorrowTV by now right

Comment

This is the show that I really want to get picked up. I mean The originals is almost a sure thing, so my 2nd most anticipated show is this.
              If both Tomorrow people, Oxygen, The Hundred and Selection all gets picked up, it'll be a great day for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Qcore
                This is the show that I really want to get picked up. I mean The originals is almost a sure thing, so my 2nd most anticipated show is this.
                If both Tomorrow people, Oxygen, The Hundred and Selection all gets picked up, it'll be a great day for me.

I don't see Oxygen and Tomorrow People being picked simultaneously as there's too much overlap in target audience and demographics. Personally I'd be fine with either show, but I suspect Tomorrow People might have a slight edge.

Comment

Casting news...

Sarah Clarke...I remember her from Covert Affairs...bad guy.

Comment

http://io9.com/which-tv-show-will-be...on-7-471858892

The Tomorrow People (The CW):

In a nutshell: It's a reimagining of the 1970s British TV show about mutant superpowered teenagers and the secret organization that hunts them. This time around, we're in New York and the Tomorrow People have a secret base in an abandoned subway station. They still have the computer named Tim and the teleportation. Stephen (played by Robbie Amell, the cousin ofArrow's Stephen Amell) is a troubled teenager who's been put on antipsychotic medications because of his delusions and his father's history of mental illness — but then he finds out that he actually has powers like telekinesis, telepathy and teleportation. He meets Cara, John and Russell, who tell him that he's a homo superior, who are going to replace the "saps," or homo sapiens. His father was one of them and he's still out there somewhere. But they're all being hunted by the ULTRA organization, which uses traitorous Tomorrow People as its agents. And ULTRA wants Stephen to come work for them and hunt his own kind. Meanwhile, Stephen keeps getting closer to his friend Astrid — until he hears her telepathically wishing that he would kiss her.
                    Memorable characters: The indispensible Mark Pellegrino is playing Jedikiah, an evolutionary biologist whom we first see giving a lecture in which he explains that humans triumphed over Neanderthals not because we were smarter or tougher, but because of "love" — we won out because we're hardwired to mate for life. Jedikiah is the head of ULTRA, a "sap" who fears the rise of the Tomorrow People, and he's also Stephen's uncle who tries to sway Stephen to the dark side. You could easily see Pellegrino having fun with this material. Also, Russell is a Tomorrow Person who uses his powers to steal Rolex watches and sleep with supermodels.
                    Why it could be your new crack: Basically it's the X-Men, except in the style of Vampire Diariesand Arrow. There's a lot of teen angst and smooching, but also some fun escapist stuff about getting to run away and join the special people living underground.
                    Last edited by Sugar; 04-11-2013, 07:49 AM. Reason: adding source; quoted material

Comment

Good news! The Tomorrow People was picked up!

Comment

^^ I saw the news, Sugar! Yay, can't wait to see the pilot episode now.

Comment

I interviewed Robbie Amell (Stephen's cousin) the other night about the pilot!

Comment

This show and Agents of SHIELD is what I'm most excited for this Fall. It's a good time to be a genre fan.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
                              This show and Agents of SHIELD is what I'm most excited for this Fall. It's a good time to be a genre fan.
                              Same here. I'm not looking forward to Star-Crossed (previously Oxygen) though and I'm not sure yet about The 100.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will probably be great if they bring in some of Marvel's "B-listers" whom Disney doesn't deem worthy of appearing on big-budget movies like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Nova, etc.

Tomorrow People on the other hand will be great by itself, with no additional guest appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                                Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will probably be great if they bring in some of Marvel's "B-listers" whom Disney doesn't deem worthy of appearing on big-budget movies like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Nova, etc.
                                Ant-Man is getting his own movie, though. The rest would be great to see on SHIELD. Especially Daredevil, whose rights Marvel Studios just got back from Fox.

But, yeah there's Star-Crossed and The 100 on The CW as well, as well as Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human on Fox. I don't think there's been a time before with so much genre programming across the broadcast networks in one season.
                                Last edited by gmster; 05-15-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎