No announcement yet.

About Young Emma Looking Too Old

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Young Emma Looking Too Old

Ive seen some people mention how she is ment to be really young but doesnt look it. I agree but in defense if you have seen LOST, seeing how LOST people make this show too, the characters in that show played there younger versions and still looked old. They just tended to put long wigs on people to make them look young even tho they didnt really. Kind of like regina. When she played young they gave her longer hair and made it look like something a younger person would wear. Although Young Regina worked better then young Emma.

Im sure when we see other peoples younger versions they probably wouldnt look much different. Like August. He didnt age in 10 years either even tho he wasnt effected by the curse. lol.

What they needed to do was get a different actress similar looking to Jennifer Morrison. And to be honest when the series first started I thought she looked kind of old to be playing a 28yr old. That had to do with her facial features. Age is a relative term though...I mean you have people who look younger than they appear and vice versa.

Comment

Well with them they will only cast young if they need like someone under 15 or something. It was funny with LOST when Ben (who was like ment to be 45 i guess) was playing like 20 and they gave him a silly wig and that was about it.

JM doesnt look old but she comes off older then 28. They could have made the character early 30s like JM really is. Also with her being on HOUSE forever, atleast for me, seems like shes a lot older then she really is cause she seems to have been around forever. With trying to make her look 19 they just pretty much did the clark kent thing and gave her glasses.

I think also with Henrys father they tried to make him look young by kind of making him look like a unshaven college kid who is just bumming around where later we see him all clean cut in a suit to make it look like hes more prefossional and adult.

When it comes to ages and actors growing up or looking younger or older i hope they dont pull a "walt" with henry and when he hits a growth spurt they kick him out of town so it doesnt confuse us. lol.

Comment

I actually thought Neil was suppose to be older then Emma. Lol.. i didn't think they tried any look tbh with him lol..

It doesn't bother me because i actually prefer the same actor even if it means wigs and glasses and younger style clothes, sometimes ..not always but sometimes when they just grab a younger actor I'm not really convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          Well with them they will only cast young if they need like someone under 15 or something. It was funny with LOST when Ben (who was like ment to be 45 i guess) was playing like 20 and they gave him a silly wig and that was about it.

JM doesnt look old but she comes off older then 28. They could have made the character early 30s like JM really is. Also with her being on HOUSE forever, atleast for me, seems like shes a lot older then she really is cause she seems to have been around forever. With trying to make her look 19 they just pretty much did the clark kent thing and gave her glasses.

I think also with Henrys father they tried to make him look young by kind of making him look like a unshaven college kid who is just bumming around where later we see him all clean cut in a suit to make it look like hes more prefossional and adult.

When it comes to ages and actors growing up or looking younger or older i hope they dont pull a "walt" with henry and when he hits a growth spurt they kick him out of town so it doesnt confuse us. lol.
          I agree that JM looks older than 28 and they should have made her character in her early 30's. Of the things that bug me about the show, that is not one of them. I guess I have become desensitized to the fact that every actor always looks 5-10 years older than the character's age especially ones playing someone still in HS.

I hope they learned their lessons from 'Lost' about having a child actor and let Henry age on the show. To do this, they can't have too many episodes or seasons only be a few days apart. Time on the show has to move similar to time in real life. I will be upset if they pull a "Walt" and have Henry disappear from the show. One of my favorite things is his relationship with Emma. I even like his relationship with Regina. Heck, I am starting to enjoy his relationship with his grand-dad.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
            I actually thought Neil was suppose to be older then Emma. Lol.. i didn't think they tried any look tbh with him lol..

It doesn't bother me because i actually prefer the same actor even if it means wigs and glasses and younger style clothes, sometimes ..not always but sometimes when they just grab a younger actor I'm not really convinced.
            I think he is older maybe. I dont really get what age any of them are supposed to be lol. If you think about it if he was supposed to be 30 and her like 20 that does kind of fit in with the prince and princess stuff in disney movies where the prince is always like 25-30 and the princess is like 16.

Ya i dont mind the simple hair and clothing changes just on some people it can tend to look goofy when its someone who is 50 trying to pull off 20. But anyway like you said sometimes its better to have the actor rather then to cast someone younger who looks nothing like the person. Atleast with young Snow that girl does look a bit like GG.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
              I agree that JM looks older than 28 and they should have made her character in her early 30's. Of the things that bug me about the show, that is not one of them. I guess I have become desensitized to the fact that every actor always looks 5-10 years older than the character's age especially ones playing someone still in HS.

I hope they learned their lessons from 'Lost' about having a child actor and let Henry age on the show. To do this, they can't have too many episodes or seasons only be a few days apart. Time on the show has to move similar to time in real life. I will be upset if they pull a "Walt" and have Henry disappear from the show. One of my favorite things is his relationship with Emma. I even like his relationship with Regina. Heck, I am starting to enjoy his relationship with his grand-dad.
              ya now adays they really dont have teens playing teens anymore on shows for the most part. personally i think its so they can legally have them do more in the show and doesnt seem like they are exploiting a kid.

I think that may be one reason they have Henry immune from the curse. Now that the curse is broken i dont know if people will start aging or not but since Henry was immune he can age like a normal person. Plus they made his age around 11 or 12 so if he does hit a growth spurt say between this season and next it can be easily explained. With Walt one probelm with him was that they casted a 12 year old to play an 8 year old so when he grew really fast it didnt make much sense plus they couldnt explain how he grew so fast in a time span of a week. lol. think they did have a plotline they were going to use where the Others used growth hormone but they kind of just got rid of all the Walt storylines they were going to use. Kind of sucked seeing how we never really found out about his "powers" or whatever.

Also they may have also made Pinochio immune from the curse so they could make him older without haveing 2 seasons go by and make him be the same age when he probably has grown since the first season. and if need be they can always have the actor return as older if they want to show us what he has done when he ran away.

Sometimes its funny seeing how now adays they need to recast or get rid of kids cause they are getting too old to play the age role they are assigned but back in the 80s and 90s on TV shows they would have a baby the first few episodes and by the end of the season they would have a 5 year old. Like on Family Ties. One season they have a new born the next season they have a 6 year old.

Comment

Hell..........Emma looks older than her mom (as Mary Margaret) and much older that Snow in makeup.
                Last edited by jpfort1957; 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                  Hell..........Emma looks older than her mom (as Mary Margaret) and much older that Snow in makeup.
                  And they're about the same age in real life...go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                    Haha It's true. Ginnifer doesn't look at all like 34 years old. I wonder if it is the makeup that makes Emma look older or just her facial expressions.

Comment

I dunno. I was buying Emma being younger in those scenes because I thought she kind of looked it in parts. I wasn't convinced that Neil was anywhere close to the age Emma was supposed to be though. I gathered he was older than her...by at least 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎