0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - My confidence in this show is Damaged

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwelling197 View Post
    Loved it! Like Skully I like dual storyline. Don't get how Moira Queen could be a "good soldier" (have something to do with her husbands death) then go and threaten John Barrowman's character. But looking forward to finding out. I liked the relationship with Ollie & Dinah. I like that she's easing up on him.
    I thought maybe Walter was going to die but the security guy was the one to bite the bullet. Another great episode.
    A 9 from me.

Its kind of hard to say if she really have anything to do with death of her husband. The way she wants to protect her family, she doesn't seem like antagonist character. and remember her talk with Thea about Robert, so i think she really has nothing to do with her's husband's death but whatsoever organisation they're running behind, could be one of them and using her fairly. Only in time we could know that is really happening.

Forum Regular
    So I had to watch this episode twice. On first viewing I enjoyed it, but I didn’t think it was anything special. I gave it an 8/10. I decided to watch it again, cuz I was just not seeing what everybody else was seeing, suffice to say, I see it now.

This was the best episode of the series so far. I think my problem the first time around is that I was not grasping the point of the episode. In superhero shows it is just a given that there is going to be a suspension of disbelief for certain things; particularly the dual identity aspect and that nobody can seem to put the pieces together. So on first watch I kept thinking that this was a waste of time, cuz in the end he will prove to everybody that he is not “the hood” . But on second watch I realized this was exactly the point of the episode. The writers were acknowledging that people really should start to at least question if Oliver is Arrow, cuz there are just too many coincidences. It made the people in this world seem aware and competent (even Thea was questioning Oliver). So to this I say thank you to the writers, as this is an aspect of superhero storytelling that often gets swept aside, so good on them for facing it.

I also noticed that having Oliver potentially go to prison must have been hard on Olivers family. Diggs thought Oliver didn't care or notice, but as Oliver said he does care, but the mission comes first. If he told them any truth, not only would they be in danger, but the mission would be adversly effected.

I really enjoyed the double meaning in much of the conversations between Det. Lance and Oliver. Oliver kept saying that he is “innocent” and that he is “not who [Lance] thinks he is”. Clearly this was a lie, but there was an element of truth to it. Lance made Oliver out to be a menace, a criminal and somebody who has no care or concern for other people. To Oliver this was not true, he does not see himself in this way and does not think others should see him that way either. Oliver believes he is doing the right thing as he is protecting Starling City from those who are corrupting it. Does he go a little overboard sometimes? Sure he does. But to Oliver the ends justify the means and if nobody else is going to save the city, he is going to do it the only way he knows how. And if that means some criminal gets killed, especially after Arrow gave him a chance to right their wrong, then so be it. As Oliver said at the end of the episode, “they had their chance”.

I also liked the interaction between Dinah and Oliver, especially their last two encounters. For one, there was a fishnet reference. For two, the reasons she doesn’t hate Oliver even though she has every right to, were very believable. Lastly, that she noticed Oliver’s posture change when he was taking the polygraph, and that there was a slight flutter in the answer to the first question. Ironically, the episode began with many people, including Oliver’s family, internally or externally questioning if Oliver could be “the hood”…except for Dinah. By the end of the episode everybody but Dinah believes that there is no way Oliver could be “the hood”. This sets up an interesting dynamic going forward.\

This had the best island story so far and every fight scene in the episode was top notch.

Revised episode rating 9.6/10. And I’m looking forward to the next one.

Ps. “you know us billionaire vigilantes…we do love our toys”. Loved Digg’s reaction when he went to the… Warehouse? Or Base? Or Basement? Or Lair? I dunno, but I refuse to call it the Arrow Cave…lol

Pretty good episode. My favorite part of this episode was finally seeing Deathstroke,even if he dident have any lines Lol. I also liked seeing Diggle going nuts on those thugs. Hes definatly my favorite character. Also the ending with Oliver killing the arms dealers was very surprising. I also have to say that I am not a fan of Laurel. I dont know why...just not. But all in all, A very good episode.

I loved how the episode had more of a focus on the Lance Family. There was the mention of tthe mother leaving and how it a source of tension between Laurel and Quentin.

Quentin was his typical self wanting a scapegoat in the episode he blames Oliver for Sarah's death and part of blames Oliver for his wife leaving. The problem is he does not let Oliver forget it and lays it on think to him. Oliver gives Quentin what he wants but does not back down. He does not see the strain that his methods and ideals takes on his relationship with Laurel because he sees he is part to blame in his actions.

Laurel we saw deeper into her conflicting emotions between Oliver and her father. Here is an ex-love and then the hood who she believes in. She does not see ex-love could be the hood but then again there is a big possibility he is the hood. Since the beginning she made it a point to not see Oliver as someone other than the party playboy and Oliver all he has done is give her what she wants. Then there is the polygraph that brought out the truth that the hood may be Oliver and that he may be dangereous but Laurel can see where he is coming from. Her relationship with her father she may be a daddy's girl but she also has taken care of her dad since her mom left. She misses her mom and Sarah just as much.

Moira and Walter relationship was shown. Walter feels betrayed and rightly so because his wife has been lying to him. Walter feels that she is responsible for killing Robert and Oliver stranded on the island. Then there is Moira and I think she is being blackmailed with whoever he partner is.

Oliver was his typical self giving his friends and family what they want. I think he is realizing what they want may not be the best idea. Tommy knows more than he is letting on and Thea is even catching on. Oliver will utilze Diggle and other allies more to be the hood safely. Also the flashbacks with Deathshot were key we saw the torture he had gone through but depsite that he did not give up the guy.

Although there was no appearence of Felicity Smoak I felt she could be needed more with Walter's investigation with company finances. Then again she was not needed for the storyline in this episode. I gave the episode a 9/10 after watching it twice.

Another good episode. Predictable that Ollie would get someone to impersonate him to get off the hook. What did surprise me is he planned on getting caught which was a big risk if it didn't work out. I like the island story unfolding. I wonder how long the island scenes will continue? Questions to be answered which keeps me looking forward to more episodes. Actors doing a great job and enjoy the action. I gave it a 9.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    The fight with Deathstroke and the lie detector test scene were great. Detective Lance is really shaping up to be a great supporting character. Thea and Tommy were solid. Wish they'd have more to do and I hope we see more of Diggle as the vigilante. The side plot with Steele finding out things about his wife developed nicely. Now that he'll be away I'm seeing putting that thread on a hiatus though.

Some things puzzled me. Why did Laurel agree to represent Oliver in the trial. The way the scene ended with her and Moira concluded with her declining and we get no hint why she'd do it. Okay, later it's revealed she and Ollie still have feelings for each other but I would have still liked to have a scene where she'd think it over. Sure, the surprise in the court house would be lessened but now it just feels random.

Why was Deathstroke so under utilized? Granted, I'm biased because it's a DC character but I think he should have had a larger role. He'll be a recurring character but for a first outing this was quite tame structually. He's the most interesting thing about the episode visually (mkay, after Katie Cassidy) and we get practically no insight to his character even if his low screentime was memorable.

Another hit for me.

I have no idea who or what this Deathstroke thing is folks are talking about. I assume as the show progresses I'll find out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by southrnbygrace View Post
    Another hit for me.

I have no idea who or what this Deathstroke thing is folks are talking about. I assume as the show progresses I'll find out tho.
    Deathstroke was the character torturing him. He is also a major villian in the DC comic universe that I get the impresion showed up mostly in the Teen Titian comics before the new 52. I am sure we have not seen the last of him on Arrow. I hope that clears more things up for you about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by snookie16 View Post
    Deathstroke was the character torturing him. He is also a major villian in the DC comic universe that I get the impresion showed up mostly in the Teen Titian comics before the new 52. I am sure we have not seen the last of him on Arrow. I hope that clears more things up for you about the character.

Thanks that does help.

Quote Originally Posted by southrnbygrace View Post
    Thanks that does help.
    Slade Wilson/Deathstroke was also a two-time guest character on Smallville. There he was played by Battlestar Galactica's Michael Hogan.

They hold no punches with the fight scenes in this series. I love how they're staged and filmed. Nice to see Oliver expressing some emotion. Loved seeing Digs in the hood. Not really sure what's going on with all the intrigue, but I guess it'll sort itself out as the series goes on.

I LOVED this episode!!!
    Moira is one interesting character... Can't wait to find out more...
    ... Oliver and Laurel??? OMG... Can you believe they kissed??? I was so sure that she would back away but she didn't... that totally surprised me.

But what about Tommy is he going to get a little more screen-time? Isn't he one of the main characters???

Arrow keeps delivering, "Damaged" didn't reach the heights of the previous two episodes but it was still a solid episode. My only complaint was that as soon as Oliver got arrested last episode I knew that Diggles would don the suit to get him out of it, would have been cool if they had come up with something less predictable. I also hope we get to see, and hear, a lot more of Deathstroke. The flashbacks are getting better and better every episode and it can't be said enough that the fight scenes in this show are terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magnificent One View Post
    I also hope we get to see, and hear, a lot more of Deathstroke.
    right! I forgot about deathstroke... this "guy" scares the hell out of me! He looks so creepy...
    But I can't wait to find out more about him and Oliver's time on the island

Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow View Post
    Why was Deathstroke so under utilized? Granted, I'm biased because it's a DC character but I think he should have had a larger role. He'll be a recurring character but for a first outing this was quite tame structually. He's the most interesting thing about the episode visually (mkay, after Katie Cassidy) and we get practically no insight to his character even if his low screentime was memorable.
    It was the same with China White and Deadshot. I hope they do something with these characters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast