No announcement yet.

Discussion of Oliver/Laurel scenes in this episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion of Oliver/Laurel scenes in this episode

I've said it everywhere else, but love triangle built for two! Not the most original take (how many other heroes have to compete with their more heroic alter egos?) and I half-expected to see a Carol Ferris moment (I've known you since we were kids and seen you naked. You think I'm going to be fooled by a domino mask?) because really, the hood and painted on mask and even the ski mask doesn't completely hide his face. Plus, when he was in the ski mask he didn't even use the voice alterer device.

Anyway, other than that, I absolutely LOVED the smile on Oliver's face after he got the chance to 'be himself' with Laurel. Very cute!

I'll come back with more after I rewatch the episode but figured I'd start this thread for anyone who wants to join in with discussion about their scenes in this episode

I thought that this idea was crushed when Laurel saw GA pounding on the bad guy in the prison. At least it sounded like that in her talk with her father afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
      I thought that this idea was crushed when Laurel saw GA pounding on the bad guy in the prison. At least it sounded like that in her talk with her father afterwards.
      Yeah, it seemed like that for me too. Although I'm curious how that might change after they charge Oliver with being GA. Do you think she'll be able to put it together?

Comment

It's possible it ended with him pounding on the guy in prison, but Laurel seems to be the type who sees the good in people. If he shows her that he's willing to change/trying to change, she might still give him a chance. [SPOILER]and from the looks of the kiss in the promo, it's not over yet.[/SPOILER]

I do wonder how things will be handled next episode because I doubt that Oliver's secret identity will stop being secret this quickly. It's possible that he'll own up to being at the prison, but not to being Arrow. After all, Laurel's the only one who was sure they were the same person. But we'll see how it's all handled next week I suppose.

Comment

I love all the their interactions in the show, especially this week. I'm sure that Laurel is 99% certain Arrow is Ollie by the end of this episode. Hopefully next week she will confirm this. But it could go either way depending on where the writers want to go with it. I actually hope she figures it out and starts helping him much more like they did this week. Ollie will obviously find a way out of the situation with the cops and I'd love to see Arrow and Laurel working together so soon in the show. I don't want to have to wait several seasons to get them at least closer to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
            I don't think it ended presay but she did realize what her dad has been saying he is dangereous and this time I think she more cautious around him. Also the hand on the shoulder made him stop so there is that connection. Also next week we will find out more of what happened on the island to give a stronger understanding who he has become.

Of course the triangle between two is not original it has been done constantly with heroes. Unlike the Smallville triangle of two Clark/Lois/The Blur which I did not care much for because things changed with Lois too fast. I actually enjoy this triangle of two more and also I admit I do see the similarities between the Smallville and Arrow ones. Can't wait until next week.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎