0 0%

1 2.33%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - An Awful Episode

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Board Master
    Several things have moved forward with Diggle's reaction to Oliver being Green Arrow and accepting his offer in the end, along with Detective Lance discovering Oliver's secret with a different reaction that contrasts with Diggle's. This marks the first time that Dinah meets Oliver's alter-ego and how she's risking her career to save an innocent man. This episode belonged to Dinah than Oliver.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    Wonderful episode. I liked how they handled Diggle in this episode, not just his reaction to Oliver (which was good since Ollie did kill so it's nice it's not forgotten) but who Diggle is and what his character can remind to Oliver. Laurel was a lot better in this episode than the previous ones. She really convinved me of her career and the need to see justice done. While Black Canary is supposed to be good at martial arts I noticed her abilities were mysteriously absent (an episode ago she kicked butt but now couldn't) when that prisoner jumped on her...and I kinda think the lack of fighting skills fits this timid Lance a bit more.

The interrogation scenes, mixed with Arrow's scenes with Laurel really cement the set up of this vigilante doing his work well even if it did come across as Batman-lite. "Leverage", you know.

Thea had little screentime but she made most of it. I really like Willa Holland's delivery on some of her lines.

Walter's side plot investigating on his wife's dealings was a surprisingly good bonus to an already good episode. The fact the Queen's Gambit is in Star(ling) City was a terrific reveal. And about reveals: Detective Lance finding out about Oliver came really soon. It's quite refressing. The show is definitely firing on all cylinders. This episode was so good I didn't think they're playing their hand too soon.

The island stuff was the weak point of the episode once again but at least this time around it felt like actually connecting with Oliver's character.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT-theBlackBlueBlur View Post
    I thought the episode was fantastic! 9/10!

Anybody Smallville fans catch the similarities between the Lois/Blur relationship and the Laurel/Arrow relationship? Because I definitely did!
    Especially on the roof! In the Live thread I was commenting on that as it was on... it was like... wait... I've seen this before!

Great ep but as others have pointed out it is moving fast...don't know how Oliver will "clear his name"...just hope they deal with it in a way that will not insult the audiences intelligence.

Another great episode! Definitely a high 8. I loved Diggle's saying he's not going to be a sidekick.

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny bunny View Post
    I assume Laurel will be Oliver's lawyer. Somehow they will have to prove he isn't the vigilante.
    Actually, I'm hoping it will be Laurel's friend, the one always trying to get her to go roaming around for men like a dog in heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny bunny View Post

I really want more stuff about the island. Looks like we'll be getting a lot more of that as well. Curious to see how they continue to move things forward. I don't want Laurel to find out anytime soon - at least not this season!
    Not me. Just not interested in The Island Years. More interested in what Oliver is doing now.

I'm hoping someone--Diggs maybe--will do something to make it look like the video was faked, and "proving" Oliver isn't 'The Vigilante'. I don't like stealing from other programs, but perhaps like the way Clark and oliver tricked Lois into thinking someone other than Oliver was Green Arrow over on Smallville (Clark, disguised as Green Arrow, "saved" Lois from thugs in Oliver's presence)
    Speaking of which, I do think it's time he got the Green Arrow moniker.

And Diana..I mean Laurel....needs to debut as Black Canary. Complete with corset and fishnets.

Incurable Postaholic RightWingConspirator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT-theBlackBlueBlur View Post
    I thought the episode was fantastic! 9/10!

Anybody Smallville fans catch the similarities between the Lois/Blur relationship and the Laurel/Arrow relationship? Because I definitely did!
    Raises hand....

Another great episode, if you ask me

I'm wondering how they will get "Oliver" out of this whole thing... I'm wondering if Laurel will be his lawyer but then again I don't think so because he was arrested by her dad and that would be a conflict of interest

I can't wait!!!

One more thing... I'm not sure if I should post it here or in the "favorite quotes"-thread BUT... what exactly is it, that Diggle says to Oliver the moment before he tries to hit him in the face and Oliver telling him "Easy Dig, you were poisioned"??

I understood something about his Nanny but I'm pretty sure he didn't say that... because... well that makes no sense?! o_O

Quote Originally Posted by LadyVuitton View Post
    One more thing... I'm not sure if I should post it here or in the "favorite quotes"-thread BUT... what exactly is it, that Diggle says to Oliver the moment before he tries to hit him in the face and Oliver telling him "Easy Dig, you were poisioned"??
    Dig was hit by one of Deadshot's bullets in the previous episodes and his bullets were always laced with curare.

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Doena View Post
    My guess would be that Diggle is going to pose as GA several times in the next episode and thus (by comic book logic) Oliver can't be the actual GA.
    That's what I thought too at the end of the ep (it's the most obvious plotline). Hopefully there's more of a twist to it... But even if Mr. Digglesworth helps Oliver out of this thru impersonation, there should always be some doubt shouldn't there, enough that at least some people would still be keeping a close eye on Oliver's activities...I just can't see how he could believably continue to operate in secret after this.

Oliver will get out of this situation, no problem. As far as going too fast, look at Clark Kent in Smallville, he was found out by a cop and news reporter among others the first season and it worked out and his secret was safe. They won't reveal Oliver is Arrow since there are a lot of stories to be told of his journey which will be better if he isn't revealed to the public. Of course, Oliver's story won't take ten years to tell since he is an adult with history already and not a 14 year old boy like Clark Kent was with a lot of growing up to do with life experience.
    Last edited by SnowBird; 11-04-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBird View Post
    Oliver will get out of this situation, no problem. As far as going too fast, look at Clark Kent in Smallville, he was found out by a cop and news reporter among others the first season and it worked out and his secret was safe.
    No problem, except in the area of believability. Oliver now has suspicion cast on him from members of the police, and others close to him will also become privy to this suspicion as well no doubt (very different from one loner cop and reporter from SV who I believe took the secret with them to their graves soon afterward). Even if Diggles wiggles Oliver's butt out of this mess with some sort of trick, I just can't buy that everyone will buy it hook, line and sinker without any doubts. Oliver's days of costumed vigilantism in secret realistically should be over -- unless everyone on the police force succumbs to a mysterious case of amnesia.

The proof might disappear which would keep Oliver out of jail. His face was seen but he wasn't doing anything, just put him in in the same building and nothing else unless I missed something, or was he in costume I don't remember. A good lawyer might even beat the charges. Wouldn't Oliver have to be caught in the actual act to prove he was the Arrow? I would like to see Oliver have a friend in the Police department and it would be good if it was the one that arrested him eventually. He needs some help when he is under suspicion.
    Last edited by SnowBird; 11-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    ^ Good points.

I'm pretty sure the matter will be settled well in the next episode. As for whether this was a good or a bad idea I'd just like to say I really like the continuity so far. Something that happened previously affected the events of this episode in a major way and now we'll see it continue in the next episode. Plus it made Detective Lance look competent. He's a serious foil for the Arrow and not just some chum who's been taken for a ride and being powerless to stop any of it from happening.

Whatever the conclusion in the next (set of) episode(s) I hope this will have some major consequences for Ollie. Maybe he needs to keep a low profile.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast