1 2.33%

0 0%

1 2.33%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - An Awful Episode

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I actually don't think she will get "with him" 'till its revealed that the ship was sabotaged and the guilt he feels and the hatred she has towards him turns to anger towards Moria and company. Then it will make sense for her to "forgive" him and move on, before then it would be too quick in the audiences eyes because we have only seen her "mourn" for her sister's death for a few weeks, even though presumed dead for 5 years.
    Also Tommy needs to be dealt with, either he goes evil or he realizes that Laurel is not the girl for him and moves on. Already we have seen how guilty this supposed shallow guy is when best friend learns he is sleeping with girlfriend. I actually don't want him to be left out in the cold with no partner. Other potential partners could be Dig's sister-in-law or Smoak. Both have the potential to have a long lasting career on the show.
    The preview shows a scene with the potential to blow my entire analysis out of the water but I will not make complete judgement till next weeks episode.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    This show is going way too fast.
    Agreed!

I give it an 8 out of time. It needs to slow down just a bit. It's like they're not catching their breathe. In a matter of only a few episodes they have gone from 0 to 60. Everything that's happened within the last two episodes would have taken several seasons on another popular show (you know which one) to do.

Anyway, I am glad Diggle reacted the way he did and than accepted the responsibility of the secret by joining Oliver. I think he'll have a better influence than the dude from the island. Which brings me to them addressing Oliver's ease of killing...as some have noted in the previous episodes. Diggle will hopefully show Oliver some other mean than killing or at the least watch over him to make sure he doesn't cross the line too often; there is still a place and time for it.

Now on to mommie dearest, Moira. I love that there is a strong female villian on this show and right under Oliver's nose. Now it's a matter of what she knows and how much more does she know? We know she knows about the list and she had a hand in the Queen's Gambit getting destroyed.

I am glad they keep giving us cliff-hangers but, hopefully not every episode from now on cause then it becomes too soapy.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-04-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Also Tommy needs to be dealt with, either he goes evil or he realizes that Laurel is not the girl for him and moves on. Already we have seen how guilty this supposed shallow guy is when best friend learns he is sleeping with girlfriend. I actually don't want him to be left out in the cold with no partner. Other potential partners could be Dig's sister-in-law or Smoak. Both have the potential to have a long lasting career on the show.
    No way she has a kid, consideration the path Tommy may take,it wouldn't be good for mother and child. i dont know what plans they have with Smoak considering she is a firestorm supporting character. Tommy may get someone I think he will, someone who gets him.

This episode isnt my favourite but it was entertaining, it has a lot of good moments like, family, work, friendship, romance, and it was a lot lighter even when it was dark, if that makes sense. Anyway I thought Deathstroke was in , and the John Barrowman guy didnt have much time onscreen.

I was surprised Ollie's identity is leaked so soon, but maybe there is a twist. He is Oliver Queen after who is gonna believe he really is a superhero, he could just say he was coping the robin hood guy. By now im sure SC shops sell some replica Arrow costumes of some sort. Maybe John will dig him out of this mess, just maybe.

8.5/10

Things are moving really fast now. Surprised Laurels dad only finds out. No matter how Oliver spins it and gets his name cleared, her dad will always home in on him like a dog to bacon.

Definitely Dig(gled) it. It was a very eventful episode with many issues on the table. And for a 4th episode of a 1st season, that's rare. I hope they have a long term plan to keep the show exciting for the entire length of the first season. The scene between Oliver and Diggle at the dinner was probably my favorite.
    Last edited by costas22; 11-01-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Oliver can be glad that he has a partner in crime now. My guess would be that Diggle is going to pose as GA several times in the next episode and thus (by comic book logic) Oliver can't be the actual GA.

Banned
    This episode was good but I think out of the four we've had so far this one was the weakest but like I said it was still good. Loved the cliffhanger.

8/10 for me.

8 points!!!
    I think the episode was great but i am worrying on writers using too much of story plot just in single episode. I mean it is nice that they're not trying to drag it and make it boring but i really felt that this episode pulled out so much of story, and it is bit too much to handle just in one episode.

Coming out to Diggle - I was overwhelmed with how they made things work with Diggle, it was done in perfect way. I would have been disappointed if Diggle agreed to join with Ollie just becuase he can be with his fancy boss but he choose to take on his time to think and agreed to join in his quest to help him out. It was total sense. Diggle was totally man of the episode.

Arrow friends with Laura - Another superhero and his GF drama. I really loved the chemistry between them. there is a good change on laura's face you can seen when Arrow was around. That was cool!!!

Lance finding about Ollie - This is no good. this concept is a wrong button to puh for a 4th episode. This is something they should have used it in future episode, it makes it too obvious to have suspect on Ollie. And this will make obvious that they going to show ollie is not Arrow.

Forum Regular
    Just goes to show how people have different opinions. I thought this was the best episode so far, I gave it a 9. I am absolutely loving it right now. Best new show of the season hands down.

I was shocked Ollie got arrested so soon. He will obviously wriggle his way out, but this development would have taken years on other TV shows. Gutsy move, I hope it pays off. Looking forward to next week.

Pauline. Holding onto SV.UK Avi: Annelise
    I liked it! I gave it a 9. Like a lot of people I wondering if they are giving things away too soon.
    Got to admit it was good to see Oliver smile!! Don't know how they will get out of Olivers arrest.
    Looking forward to next week.

I really liked the episode and continue to be impressed with the show[ and really love that Diggle agreed to help Ollie fight crime] but I just got a idea on how Ollie can get out of jail without revealing who he really is. Maybe, he somehow video recorded Laurel's dad taking that recording device of Martin Morgan's confession to a crime and then maybe Ollie tells Diggle about that. Then, Diggle dressed up as Arrow.....holds that over his head that if Ollie goes down, he's going down to as an accessory to the Hooded vigilante[ eh, I might have the term wrong, lol] and thus, Ollie gets out with no harm, no foul and Laurel's dad slowly continues his search for the modern day Robin Hood. Eh, I wish they come to terms already and just call him, Green Arrow, lol.

I liked the episode and it did bring a lot of things to the table:

Diggle reaction to finding out Oliver is Arrow as they call him is realistic. Realistic in the way of him being mad at first and realize that he has a friend in Oliver. I am glad that he will be an ally with Oliver's persona.

Laurel reaction to finally talking to Arrow and helping him free an innocent man. This left her with conflicting feelings between Oliver amd Arrow. I think she has her suspicisions that Arrow might be Oliver but in her mind how can that be. Laurel is bitter toward Oliver because of what happened with her sister Sarah and she cannot see past his former partying ways. Then there is Arrow who she believe in as a hero and now considers him as a friend but sees the dangerous side of how he does his tatics.

Oliver he finally realize how he is targetting the list to bring justice has it consequences. I think he realizes what Diggle and Laurel have said to him might be true he needs friends and allies. Diggle helping him as a hero will help keep the justice but give him some balance. Laurel just being a friend and believing him as a hero will keep the balance too. We will find out more what happened to him on the island next week.

Felicity Smoak love her character don't know much of her in the comics but hope to see her grow more. I see her possibily in the future as the shows verson of Arrowette it could happen.

Moira Queen and Walter Steel that relationship has secrets. Like the way he found out about the missing money and what it went too not believing his wife lie. Then he found Queen's Gambit because he had an interesting look when he typed in Robert Queen's first name as a password. Then there is Moira and her partner who now knows that Arrow is targetting the list. Who is her partner or whoever he is.

Quentin Lance finding out Oliver is Arrow is a little to fast for me. Also it just gives him more reason to be mad at Oliver for his daughter Sarah's death. Another point is with next week coming we find out more. Then about Sarah's death with the Queen's Gambit being found by Walter wonder if Moira might be keeping Sarah safe or is Sarah really dead. If Sarah is not dead then how will Quentin take it.

I admit I missed Tommy in this episode overall I give the episode and 8/10 for me it was good but a little too much information in one episode.
    Last edited by snookie16; 11-01-2012 at 06:38 PM.

New In Town
    I thought the episode was fantastic! 9/10!

Anybody Smallville fans catch the similarities between the Lois/Blur relationship and the Laurel/Arrow relationship? Because I definitely did!

I also thought this was a fantastic episode. Lots of cool plot points coming together. Love the relationship Laurel has with Arrow. Great to see Ollie smiling. I don't think they are going to fast with the plot at all. On other shows things tend to take ages to play out to the point of becoming boring and/or silly that characters don't figure things out like real people do. Can't wait to see how they get out of Ollie's arrest. Also can't wait for Deathstroke and more of the island next week. As someone else said this is the best new show on tv in ages.

New In Town
    I believe this is the episode I have been waiting on this entire season. I just wanted to get this out of the way, I love that Walter is finally getting a character after four episodes. I never really liked or disliked Walter, just that he had nothing to do, now finally he does. Love the look on his face when he realizes the passcode is "Robert." I also loved his scenes with F.S. because much like Tommy Merlin she is one of the few sources of comedy relief in this series. I also loved in this episode whatever faction Moira is involved with it's finally noticing what Green Arrow is actually doing which is nice. I am really impressed with Willa Holland's ability to play different characters in almost every episode to sweet supportive sister, to hammered young woman with issues, to angry woman that gives hard truth pills to swallow, she can pretty much perform anything that the writers give to her, which is really cool. Cassidy and Amell's scenes were great. I don't know about my fellow forum members but I love superheroes on rooftops that is such a cool thing and a D.C. staple really. I love how Amell could play Green Arrow with Cassidy and get joy from it but by the end of it, he is dealt with great sadness by the end of it. Dinah is correct when he saw the wrath in Ollie's eyes he enjoys violence a little too much and that's an awful combination for a superhero. I love Diggle's scenes with Ollie in the Arrow cafe, the burger place, and at the estate, because he in a way represents the audience and how they would react to Green Arrow. The Green Arrow scenes speak for themselves really but I love the thing with the train tracks that was so cool. The last scene is one of the best cliffhangers I've seen on a series in a long time. I think the first in the series that got me out of my seat. Episode rating: Five out of five. I can't wait for next week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast