Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"An Innocent Man" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't that ruin the show with the police knowing his secret?

Comment

wonder how ollie will get out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
        doesn't that ruin the show with the police knowing his secret?
        I wonder if it's a red herring. Like he'll be arrested for being a vigilante, and then it will be a fakeout that it's not really him.

Comment

nevermind...i think i figure out how they are going to get oliver out of this...diggle

Comment

Captain Jack Harkness!

Comment

You know what, Ollie's a rookie superhero so it's kind of nice to see him screw up hard and fast.

Comment

I hope the Arrow Suit can fit him. "How can I be Arrow when he's standing right there??"

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Diggle being Oliver's alibi and that the one time, that they saw on camera, was just Oliver being stupid.

Comment

Good episode more interested in the parts with Diggle & Oliver then anything else. He is a rookie at being a secret identity hero and Diggle did say he was there to save Oliver from himself. Looks like were going to get a lot more island in the next episode since Oliver is going to be in prison or interrogation for most of it. Means we can get some backstory for sepia island. I did like the idea that Laurel saw the violent side of Oliver/Arrow and that Oliver felt remorse for it. However my question is where is Tommy and the development that happened in the last 30 seconds of "Lone Gunman" and where did Laurel's defense class training disappear to? Did she suddenly forget what she was trained to do when attacked by a man? Of course wearing high heels doesn't help...I wish they wouldn't make the girl helpless when it serves the purpose of the hero saving her, especially when we know she can defend herself. Good episode but the flaws in the story did not make it the best of the four.

Comment

Just thought of something..........Ollie should call in his friend Clark for a favor to help hide his identity

Comment

bellrevue-Sepia island! I love it. That gave me a giggle. And also, I had the same thoughts regarding Laurel getting attacked. Last week she was kicking butt, but she gets attacked and suddenly can't defend herself? I wasn't happy with that.

(and also, welcome to the forums!)

Comment

Originally posted by bellrevue
                          Did she suddenly forget what she was trained to do when attacked by a man? Of course wearing high heels doesn't help...
                          I was wondering that as well!

She was wearing heels that night at the club when she helped Oliver out.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I want to like Laurel and I know she is "based" though loosely on a character that is a "super" hero (with powers) so her ability to defend herself in this "based in reality no-super powers" world is important. Yes I do remember she was wearing heels in the club scene she also came from behind the man and he probably was not trained. But I shall wait and see on her ability to get out of bad situations. I'm am happy that Steele is not evil, maybe someone over the age of 40 can be a good guy in this show...I hope he is not killed off too soon.

Comment

Love that Ollie has the SV voice-changer. Just needs the sunnies now.
                              Last edited by skully; 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Well, in Laurel's defence, I think using some fancy moves on a club owner with his back turned is an entirely different kettle of fish than suddenly finding yourself dropped into the middle of a prison riot, surrounded by blood thirsty phychos and running for your life, regardless of your gender or how many self-defence classes you've taken. Also, the attacker had the element of suprise, enough to even get the drop on Ollie. Laurel suddenly kicking ass left, right and center, while cool, would have seemed very unrealistic in a character unused to direct, large scale voilence, at least to me. Hopefully, if/when she does go down the 'Black Canary' road, we get to see her training gradually improve to the point where she can. On another note, how awesome is it to get a show where deadly force is treated as a morally grey area, rather that 'it's character x so it's good, it's character y so it's bad'?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎