Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was one supposed to feel sympathetic of Rumple's wife and Hook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was one supposed to feel sympathetic of Rumple's wife and Hook?

Because I didn't really get that. I thought that she deserved what she got. Which I thought that Hook did too. Even worse. They lied to him and she even left his son. God what an awful woman! Anyone agree with me?

I totally agree with you, Anu! As a mom, I don't get how a mother could leave her child. Her husband, maybe, but her child? Just leaving him and letting him think she was dead/kidnapped? Not to mention that she didn't even ask how her son was upon returning to find out that Rumple has gone evil.

Not to mention that I don't get why she was so cruel to Rumple. Why did she marry him in the first place if she didn't love him? If they had shown us that it was an arranged marriage or that it had turned abusive, then that would be more understandable but she simply didn't love him because he didn't go to war?

Comment

None Here...

I mean, she probably didn't deserve what Rumpel did to her, but can't say I felt terrible about it.

Comment

Was she a bad mother - "yes". Was she a bad wife - "yes". Did she deserve to be murdered? If her only crime was not loving Rumple, leaving him and her son by faking her own death than "no".

I agree that Milah was not a sympathetic character. But Rumple took away Bae's only mother. That just shows Rumple put his feelings first above Bae's. Once Rumple found Bae, he could have let him know that his mother was still alive. It should be Bae's choice if he wants a relationship with his mother after what she has done. He will never have that chance because Rumple took that away from him. I really can't believe Bae would condone Rumple killing his only mother.

Comment

I realized that I was a bit harsh in my posting. I don't necessarily think that Milah deserved to be murdered, but she was definitely not a sympathetic character. It doesn't excuse it but at that point, Rumple was pretty far gone down the dark path. He's supposed to be a bad guy and this just shows how very evil he can be. He might be a character that evokes sympathy at times, but he is still the 'Dark One', especially in that particular scene.

All around, I feel sorry for Bae. His parental situation overall is just rotten.

Comment

Well, I think she is totally on race to compete with Cora for being "Worst mother of the Year"
            No matter what, a mother would never abandon her child. She left Bae so that she can have fancy adventures with jones? that is pathetic. If she had plans to live her life like that, she could never have had a child. She is leaving rumpel becuase he is a coward is different story.
            I am not sympathetic at all, if she deserve to die at Rumpel's had. I don't know. She has done something very terrible and that is the very reason why Bae was all alone in his life. As father, He seen the pain of his own son for not having his mother. So, If may not deserve to die but Rumpel had to kill her to betrying her own son. She is not allowed to live happily after runing her kid life. If she had been a good mother, Bae would have been happy in fairy land instead running away from Rumpel to another domain.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
              Was she a bad mother - "yes". Was she a bad wife - "yes". Did she deserve to be murdered? If her only crime was not loving Rumple, leaving him and her son by faking her own death than "no".

I agree that Milah was not a sympathetic character. But Rumple took away Bae's only mother. That just shows Rumple put his feelings first above Bae's. Once Rumple found Bae, he could have let him know that his mother was still alive. It should be Bae's choice if he wants a relationship with his mother after what she has done. He will never have that chance because Rumple took that away from him. I really can't believe Bae would condone Rumple killing his only mother.
              I agree. I don't know if killing her was something that Bae would have liked. But if I was in Rumple's situation I could have almost acted in the same way. Let the worst of me take over. I can't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Munnag
                Well, I think she is totally on race to compete with Cora for being "Worst mother of the Year"
                No matter what, a mother would never abandon her child. She left Bae so that she can have fancy adventures with jones? that is pathetic. If she had plans to live her life like that, she could never have had a child. She is leaving rumpel becuase he is a coward is different story.
                I am not sympathetic at all, if she deserve to die at Rumpel's had. I don't know. She has done something very terrible and that is the very reason why Bae was all alone in his life. As father, He seen the pain of his own son for not having his mother. So, If may not deserve to die but Rumpel had to kill her to betrying her own son. She is not allowed to live happily after runing her kid life. If she had been a good mother, Bae would have been happy in fairy land instead running away from Rumpel to another domain.
                I totally agree. Bae would still hate her if she lived. But I don't know if Rumple should have killed her. It was still Bae's mom.

Comment

We go from the scene of Rumple killing Milah and soon afterwards meeting Belle at the libarary. After we see him kill his child's mother, were we suppose to feel sympathy for him when he meets Belle at the library? Like you mentioned dreamsofnever, Rumple is a bad guy and can be very evil as shown in this ep. So it was hard for me to change gears and go "awww, isn't that sweet, Belle and Rumple at the library". From the music, I believe that is the feeling TPTB wanted to provoke. For me, I felt like telling Belle "to run, run as fast as you can". He is still the Dark One and therefore can't and shouldn't be trusted.
                  Last edited by SteelyGal; 10-23-2012, 06:25 AM.

Comment

We go from the scene of Rumple killing Milah and soon afterwards meeting Belle at the libarary. After we see him kill his child's mother, were we suppose to feel sympathy for him when he meet Belle at the library? Like you mentioned dreamsofnever, Rumple is a bad guy and can be very evil as shown in this ep. So it was hard for me to change gears and go "awww, isn't that sweet, Belle and Rumple at the library". From the music, I believe that is the feeling TPTB wanted to provoke. For me, I felt like telling Belle "to run, run as fast as you can". He is still the Dark One and therefore can't and shouldn't be trusted.
                    So? She deserved to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                      So? She deserved to die.
                      No, Milah didn't deserve to die. Milah was a coward. She should have been honest with Rumple and said she was leaving him and giving him full custody of Bae.

Sorry for not being clear in my post. I'm not always the best conveying my thoughts in writing. My intent was to say that we saw how evil Rumple can be yet I am suppose to feel sorry for him because of his strained relationship with Belle and think that moment in the library was sweet. To quote an old cliche, "a leopard can't change his spots." Unless I missed something, Rumple is still the Dark One so I don't trust him with Belle. He is selfish, a master manipulator, and a killer. The sweet moments he has with Belle doesn't change that fact.
                      Last edited by SteelyGal; 10-23-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

No, Milah didn't deserve to die. Milah was a coward. She should have been honest with Rumple and said she was leaving him and giving him full custody of Bae.

Sorry for not being clear in my post. I'm not always the best conveying my thoughts in writing. My intent was to say that we saw how evil Rumple can be yet I am suppose to feel sorry for him because of his strained relationship with Belle and think that moment in the library was sweet. To quote an old cliche, "a leopard can't change his spots." Unless I missed something, Rumple is still the Dark One so I don't trust him with Belle. He is selfish, a master manipulator, and a killer. The sweet moments he has with Belle doesn't change that fact.
                        In my mind all he ever did was to protect his family and be close to them. He always cared for the ones he loved. It's just the power that has taken over him that has changed him. But he never was like Regina who did things out of the blue. Regina didn't do things because of the people she loved. She did it only because of vengeance of a little girl who didn't know better. That's lame imo. Milah, did deserve to die at least imo. She was a terrible mom and a terrible wife. She wasn't ever a mother to Bae the way that she acted.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                          In my mind all he ever did was to protect his family and be close to them. He always cared for the ones he loved. It's just the power that has taken over him that has changed him. But he never was like Regina who did things out of the blue. Regina didn't do things because of the people she loved. She did it only because of vengeance of a little girl who didn't know better. That's lame imo. Milah, did deserve to die at least imo. She was a terrible mom and a terrible wife. She wasn't ever a mother to Bae the way that she acted.
                          I totally agree with you about Rumpel. When Rumpel was an ordinary man, he was bullyed by everyone. He beared all the insults so that he can hold on this family but Milah betrayed him. She not just betrayed him but also her own Son. i wouldn't say she deserved to die for leaving her son like that but Rumpel had every reason to take revenge on her after all what he had gone through to protect his family.

He loved his wife and son deeply, she beard all the threats in his life to protect them. And it was the very reason why he choose to become a Dark one, He wanted the power so that he could protect Bae, but sadly "all magic comes with a price" and thay made him evil, that evilness empowered him to destory anything and everything if thats a threat to his family. When he crossed his way with jones once again, he was reminded by how he was got treated when he was helpless, that why he wanted to Revenge.

No matter what he does, he still misses Bae. He wanted to find his son, thats why he choose Cora to have Regina and he himself turned Regina into an evil queen so that she can unleash the curse so that they all can end up in our world. That was the very reason he pushed Bell away knowing that her kiss would release him from the dark curse. He needed to be as dark one so that he can reach to this son.

Comment

Milah begged Rumple to leave town and was willing to make it a second try somewhere else. Rumple wouldn't allow it. Why? I don't know if their marriage would have made it somewhere else because she didn't love him but he never gave her or his marriage that chance. When your marriage is falling apart, you do what it takes to save it. You don't tell the person living in misery that your not going to change a thing and they have to keep living in misery. Rumple did everything wrong and is surprised his actions pushed Milah out the door.

Milah's misery clouded her judgement and she made a bad choice leaving Bae. She should have left Rumple but not her son. I could care less if her actions hurt Rumple because he deserved it, but I do care that she hurt Bae. As I said before, Milah was not a sympathetic character and I will add that I didn't like her at all. For me, someone that warrants the death penalty is someone like Cora but all I saw from Milah was a selfish mom in lifeless marriage. I don't believe her selfishness and stupidity in not realizing her actions would hurt Bae reaches the level of someone deserving to be killed. So I will have to respectfully disagree with those who do. I also think Rumple killed her in an instant moment of rage and not some type of retribution for what she did to Bae.

Comment

Milah begged Rumple to leave town and was willing to make it a second try somewhere else. Rumple wouldn't allow it.
                              She was already done with the situation. A different location would have netted the same results.........just a different pirate.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎