No announcement yet.

Question about Arrow background

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Arrow background

Ok folks, I have never been a Green Arrow fan but I do love the DC universe, just more of a Batman guy. I am hoping somebody can give me a little bit of back story as to who the archer on the island was that shot Ollie. Right now I assume it is a previous arrow, like there are multiple Green Lanterns, and that arrow trained Ollie. I could be way off... any help?

My guess its Deathstroke...before the mask.

Comment

I thought about that too, since his mask was shown at the start of the pilot episode, But I have always known Deathstroke more of a sword and assault rifle kind of guy, not so much with arrows. That is what got me wondering about who else it could be. [SPOILER]But Deathstroke is appearing in episode 5 so that does make sense. [/SPOILER]
      Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

It makes you wonder if some 'Arrow' on the island tried to kill Ollie and Deathstroke found him and trained him in defeating the original 'Arrow'? Would be quite a twist that Ollie took the guise of someone that tried to kill him on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          It makes you wonder if some 'Arrow' on the island tried to kill Ollie and Deathstroke found him and trained him in defeating the original 'Arrow'? Would be quite a twist that Ollie took the guise of someone that tried to kill him on the island.
          That would be interesting... I wonder if there was more than one Green Arrow through the comics at all and this is their way of paying homage to him? And since you mention Dethstroke training Ollie, we all know he was on the island because of the mask in the pilot, and [SPOILER] in episode 5 he has a white and black mask not the red and black. [/SPOILER]If indeed that is a route they are taking, then Deathstorke may have returned to "get even" in a sense.
          Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

Originally posted by lpxero
            That would be interesting... I wonder if there was more than one Green Arrow through the comics at all and this is their way of paying homage to him? And since you mention Dethstroke training Ollie, we all know he was on the island because of the mask in the pilot, and [SPOILER]in episode 5 he has a white and black mask not the red and black. [/SPOILER] If indeed that is a route they are taking, then Deathstorke may have returned to "get even" in a sense.
            Orange and black*, and [SPOILER]he still has an orange and black mask in the fifth episode as well, it's just the lighting.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Also...whoever Deathstroke is fighting in that NYCC reel of what's to come on Arrow, it could've been the man in the hood who shot Ollie who's fighting Deathstroke and not Oliver. [/SPOILER]
            Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

My guess is that the guy was the dark archer. In smallville the dark archer was green arrows mentor and enemy, I hope that oliver doesnt end up joining some group of archers. Here he can be just his mentor.

Comment

[SPOILER]I Just read on Wikipedia, oliver has a flashback in episode 5 when he got his first scar and it was courtesy of deathstroke.[/SPOILER]
                Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  Orange and black*, [SPOILER]and he still has an orange and black mask in the fifth episode as well, it's just the lighting. [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Also...whoever Deathstroke is fighting in that NYCC reel of what's to come on Arrow, it could've been the man in the hood who shot Ollie who's fighting Deathstroke and not Oliver. [/SPOILER]
                  Ah yes, orange thank you.
                  Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

[SPOILER]So it was Deathstroke then. At least it seems because during that scene he was still new to the island had to be first day or so. Very interesting. [/SPOILER]
                    Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

[SPOILER]Ok if they are going to show deathstroke fighting someone in a hood and its not olie then maybe Dark Archer and deathstroke where on the island at the time. [/SPOILER]
                      Last edited by Sugar; 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM. Reason: please use spoiler tags for future episode info when not in the spoiler thread

Comment

i think the guy who shot ollie trains him. Eventually Deathstroke will come looking for this trainer and end up fighting him. I bet Deathstroke kills him...

Comment

I know in the episode five pics they show at least three people all in the same black uniform torturing Oliver. Except it's the island Oliver, you can tell because of the clothes. The pics also show, dark arrow or whoever, showing Oliver how to hold a bow and shoot.

So my thoughts are that Dark Arrow is against this group that's on the island. He shoots Oliver originally because he could be a threat. He teaches him. Then Oliver gets captured by the group which includes deathstroke. Eventually they all leave and/or die leaving Oliver alone.
                          Last edited by qwertylover7; 10-21-2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: Forget something

Comment

Here are the episode 5 pics that are being talked about:

Comment

I agree with qwertylover7. Looks like the other archer in the cliffhanger will be the guy who will train Ollie to use the bow and how to fight/hunt etc. Can't wait to see how Deathstroke is evolved. I notice he still has both eyes at this point. (In the comics he has only one eye due to a previous injury). From the brief glimpse of his mask in the pilot with an arrow through the eye I would guess that we will find out Ollie shot him in the eye sometime. This is of course only a guess as the writers of the show may not even go this route and he may keep both eyes for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎