0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Week two was poo

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Honor Thy Father?"

Did you like it?

Loved it! Another great episode. Have to give it a 9. They really hit a home run with this show. I like the actors, there's plenty of action, and the story is keeping me engaged.

Great episode! I am pleasantly surprised that the first two episodes of the series have been both hits and no misses. The action sequences OMG are TOO good to be on television. The acting isn't perfect but it's still pretty darn good. The writing seems to be taking the story to good places so far, they're showing a depth to Oliver's character, giving him good "villain of the week" stories and the drama isn't too forced.

I liked the scene where Oliver goes to see Laurel and they eat ice cream together.

It was cool to see the fight between the white haired chick and Oliver.

At first I found the sister annoying but then I actually started to sympathize with her when she had her graveyard scene with Ollie. Sure she wasn't stranded on an island but she lost both her father and brother and now her brother is back but keeping his distance with everyone.

I kinda hoping that Ollie reveals his secret to his bodyguard and maybe he could help keep his cover or something. That seems like it might turn into a good friendship.

I gave this episode a 10 out of 10!!

10 for 10 on this one. The action was amazing. But to me the action is only 1/3 of the show. All the relationships and backstory is what really has me on the hook. The Laurel and Ollie reconnection and disconnection, at the press conference, was frustrating. You want them together but know that Ollie has to act a fool in order to accomplish his mission.

Thea has an interesting role to play. She is a troubled kid, understandbly so. Im intrigued to see where this will go. Will she follow the path of comics speedy and become addicted to drugs, will she findnout ollie's secrect, etc...

Overall i lovedbthe episode and am pumped for the next one. Deadshot!

Board Master
    This continues to get better as Honor Thy Father continues the things set up in the pilot episode such as Oliver's continued quest to avenge the deaths of his father and Dinah's sister. Oliver and Dinah begin to open up and there's tension between Dinah and her detective father. This is about Oliver trying to be his own person on his own terms and not what people want him to be, including his mother, who is definitely behind the sabotage that killed both his father and Dinah's sister.

Thea is shown more in this episode than the pilot as there may be a tease that she may know Oliver's secret and perhaps become Speedy, his sidekick. The friendship between Oliver and his bodyguard may be forming in comparison to the pilot.

The fight sequences were the highlight of the episode, especially between Green Arrow and China White. It rivals those of fellow CW show, Nikita.
    Things continue to be engaging for the show. Another great episode that has me become an Arrow fan after 10 years in Smallville.

I am loving Arrow, very enjoyable episode tonight.
    Kelly Hu looks amazing for being 44 and still kicking major butt.
    Mama Queen is bad news and Stephen Amell looked so Handsome in suits.

The high points of this epsiode for me is the developing friendship between Oliver and Diggs, I'm sure Diggs suspects something is up with Oliver.
    The second is the Lance's father and daughter dynamics, I like the scene towards the end with Laurel and her dad.
    The third is the flashbacks of the island, I'm very intrigue and want to know more on what his ordeals were on the island.

One drawback is Oliver really needs a better way to conceal himself, just one good close look or someone recognizing his voice and his secret is exposed.

I really liked it, gave it a 9

I like Thea but I dont want this show to loose its focus on Green Arrow and its enough we will have the Huntress and eventually BC but to have Speedy, I think its going to become Smallville all over again, where the hero shares the spotlight constantly and this ends up as a hero rooster show instead of what its premise indicated a show about ARROW, not Arrow and friends.

Wow, another awesome episode. We didn't see as much of China White as I thought we would but maybe she will be back. I have a feeling China and whoever is talking to Oliver's mom is trying to protect a secret by blackmailing the Queen family. Can't wait to see Deadshot next week!

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    10 for 10 on this one. The action was amazing. But to me the action is only 1/3 of the show. All the relationships and backstory is what really has me on the hook. The Laurel and Ollie reconnection and disconnection, at the press conference, was frustrating. You want them together but know that Ollie has to act a fool in order to accomplish his mission.

Thea has an interesting role to play. She is a troubled kid, understandbly so. Im intrigued to see where this will go. Will she follow the path of comics speedy and become addicted to drugs, will she findnout ollie's secrect, etc...

I agree - maybe I am a sappy romantic but I am just caught up in the back story - especially the love with Laurel. It is going to be hard because Tommy is going to go bad - way bad - and there will defiantly be a rift there between what are now "friends." But, since I know that he ends up with Laurel I am defiantly in the ride. If this was some stupid love triangle with no end I would be very up set, maybe enough not to watch. But this is the Green Arrow and it is a matter of time before he is with her - they are destined.

I am pumped too - a good looking guy I wouldn't mind being like - minus all the pain - great relationships, bad guys that just keep getting cooler and cooler - a great love interest which is his destiny - I am glad I have a new show to watch. It has been years. I didn't get much into Smallville as it started too young for me - this show is just right into the action. I'm hoping him and his sister become closer and you his bodyguard - I think their friendship will be the one factor he can count on -that's until he can share his life with Laurel.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post

Awesome - I only watch one show at a time - I don't like to commit to too many - and this is it. I agree with you and I'm surprised at how the back story has me hooked - especially the whole romance there with Laurel - and I don't have to worry about the love triangle thing because I know they are destined to be together so it is just fun to watch I also like the body guard thing - because until he can cement his relationship with his "partner" in Laurel he needs another relationship, someone to count on, and I can see it being his bodyguard. And the bad guys keep getting worse - and more interesting - and the story with his mom - wtf - is she going to be the baddest bad guy? I'm wondering if he is so mad at the stepfather because his name is in the book too. I'd like to see him play some role in the company though - but maybe that's just the soap opera side of me. I wonder what his father's will said? Did his father leave him anything? I'm guessing that could be an interesting can of worms. I'm having a good time - and that's what tv is all about I think they can also make some real social commentary here with the whole bad guy list - there is so much depth they could mine - so very thought provocative topics. I'm excited!!! I gave it a 9 up from a 7 and next week I'm thinking 10!!!

Another great episode! Not as good as the Pilot but definatly a very good episode. I just think they need to develop Tommys character more. To me he just seems like a spoiled rich boy...No character development. Cant wait for Deadshot!

Top notch. Loving the new series. So Ollie overcomes an adversary on the Island then?

I don't think there is any doubt Mr Diggle will work out what's going on and become his assistant/partner.

As much as I loved the pilot, I have to admit I enjoyed this episode even more. Oliver is solidifying himself as Arrow and his name is getting around and he tackled two guys in this episode instead of one and even meant a female match of his that will surely give him trouble down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if the Triad(with White China in tow) comes to Starling City to make some trouble for Arrow.

The series is working up quite nicely with Arrow taking out criminal after criminal and now Detective Lance may be thinking twice on if Arrow is really that bad guy as he first thought. Should be interesting this season!

8/10 very solid.

New In Town
    I will say this for an episode that I thought was going to be good, I didn't think I was going to enjoy as much as I thought I did. First of all, Ollie's mother gets more interesting by the second, did she purposely attempt to murder Robert or was that an accident? Or was Robert and her in on something that only he wanted to get out of and she didn't? I love Moira's poor attempt at concern and how Digg knew almost immediately that it was an act and the look on his face told the story. I love how the showrunners have chosen almost a Blair Witch Project DV camera style when we are on the island and how it feels like the audience is right there on the island with Ollie. One scene that I really felt was Ollie picking up his deceased father and him vomiting afterwards just because I think everyone would have reacted the exact same way. Also, the scene with Detective Lance and Ollie. I love the look of total disgust Lance has for Ollie and I love the look in his eyes, he's not angry when Lance tells him to stay away from Dinah which I thought was sad in some ways really beautiful. Speaking of Dinah I love how at the beginning of the episode she is very mean to Ollie (which I thought was a little too far) but I did like the scene between the two of them in her apartment with the Hagen Daz. Shows no matter how angry she is at Ollie, there's a connection between the two. Speaking of connections I love the furthering of Speedy and Ollie's relationship and how Speedy's not totally incorrect in what she says to Ollie, that he does need to let someone. If for nothing else to keep up the idea that Oliver Queen in no way could be The Green Arrow and that he has no reason to judge anyone when he avoids everyone he claims to love. The relationship between Dig and Ollie is something I really enjoyed as well. Digg knows who Green Arrow is and now Ollie knows that he knows. Very much the Lucius and Alfred to Ollie's Bruce Wayne. Speaking of The Dark Knight, I love the fact that Green Arrow and Batman both have Applied Science Divisions and that's how they get away with making their high tech weapons. I love the fact that the guy who played Somers was also the performer who played a dirty cop in the Smallville episode eighth season episode "Bulletproof," and he played a bent miner in the first season of Human Target, and he was Dean's vamp partner in Supernatural this season. That guy can never play a good guy, ever. Lol. I was very surprised to see that an episode advertising China White, she had very little screen time. I think my favorite scene was when Detective Lance thinks he's gotten Green Arrow, but Arrow just shoots the MP3 dart at him with Somers confession. Awesome. Episode rating: Five out of five.
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 10-18-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: I'll be happy to promote your podcast but no promoting within posts please.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast