Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oliver's gift to his sister a real buddhist thing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Oliver's gift to his sister a real buddhist thing?

In the first episode, Oliver gives his sister, Speedy, a what he calls a "hozen" where it's meaning originates from buddhism. I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Is this a real thing?

According to the producers, it is, and we'll find out what it means at some point in the series.

Comment

Producers are full of crap, it's a name and a temple in Japan. Hozen are a race of talking apes added in the WoW Mists of Pandaria expansion though.
      Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 10-15-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

One Version of Hozen Meaning

Unsure if it this will be considered a spoiler or not...

I don't know if anyone has found an answer to this which is correct. Buddhism is practiced worldwide and started in Indian Subcontinent. This is what I found and for more information reply and I'll give you the website.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Below is the answer

The Arrow or Hōzen 宝箭

良き友に巡り会う. Reconnecting with good friends or meeting true friends. Also a weapon against the enemies of Buddhism, one that symbolizes the destruction of the passions. In Japan, Aizen Myō-ō (Conqueror of the Passions, God of Love) is especially associated with the bow and arrow, which are symbolic of intense concentration. The union of the bow and arrow, says the Flammarion Guide, "may also symbolize love."

Hope this answers your question, doesn't ruin any surprises for the show or you.
        Last edited by lakewoodrouharper; 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: possibly a spoiler so warning

Comment

Originally posted by lakewoodrouharper
          The Arrow or Hōzen 宝箭

良き友に巡り会う. Reconnecting with good friends or meeting true friends. Also a weapon against the enemies of Buddhism, one that symbolizes the destruction of the passions. In Japan, Aizen Myō-ō (Conqueror of the Passions, God of Love) is especially associated with the bow and arrow, which are symbolic of intense concentration. The union of the bow and arrow, says the Flammarion Guide, "may also symbolize love."
          Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
          Producers are full of crap, it's a name and a temple in Japan. Hozen are a race of talking apes added in the WoW Mists of Pandaria expansion though.
          Hrm...

guess you're wrong

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎