DC Animated Movies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
    I thought that was live action.
    GCS is live action. Probably just posted here by accident.

Comment

• Yeah i goofed. Hit the wrong button sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        Yeah i goofed. Hit the wrong button sorry.
        Into the pit of fire with you!

Comment

• Batman and Harley Quinn was a peculiar experience, to say the least. I wanted to be excited about a potential continuation of the DCAU, but I knew to temper my expectations. Good thing I did. Aside from Conroy, Lester, and the visual style, it really didn't feel like the DCAU at all. It tried to use its PG-13 rating to be more "mature" and ended up being anything but. That's what baffles me: this PG-13 movie in 2017 felt less mature than a cartoon that aired during kids programming blocks in the 1990s. The tone was way off. It referenced the '60s show in places and incorporated some low-brow humor (part of the immaturity). So, imagine Batman:The Animated Series with profanity, sex, '60s Bat references, and....fart jokes. It just didn't mix.

The story was pretty basic and probably could have been condensed into a single episode of the show if they were smart about it. The ending was dumb and resorted to a couple of cheap jokes instead of resolving itself satisfactorily.

I never could warm up to Melissa Rauch as Harley. She didn't sound anything like Arleen Sorkin, and when the movie is throwing all the old character designs and other key voices at me, that's hard to get past. The accent just annoyed me. On the other hand, I thought Ivy's voice was fine. It was in the ballpark.

It probably doesn't help that I'm not a huge Harley fan. Her popularity is a mystery to me. I like her, particularly in association with The Joker, but I'm not crazy about her. Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think she has to be as sexualized as she normally is.

I went into this movie hoping it was officially a continuation of the DCAU. I came away hoping it wasn't.

Comment

• Batman Ninja is an anime movie from Warner Bros. Japan and is scheduled to release in 2018.

The director is Junpei Mizusaki (producer on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) the writer of the screenplay is Kazuki Nakashima (writer on Kill la Kill), the character designer is Takashi Okazaki (Afro Samurai), and the music is by Yuga Kanno (composer on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Psycho-Pass)

Comment

• Another trailer of Batman Ninja

Comment

• I got that DC Universe 10th Anniversary 30 film collection.

There are a lot of movies in the collection I never saw before.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The voice cast of ‘The Death of Superman’ and ‘Reign of the Supermen’ has been announced:

https://www.tvinsider.com/676471/the...-rainn-wilson/

Comment

• Comment

• So no release date, yet? All I've heard is that it will come out in late 2018 with part following suit in early 2019.

It looks really good, by the way. Glad to see they are doing a proper 2-part project of this storyline.

Comment

• it releases digitally in the 24th and 2 weeks later in DVD. I got an advanced copy thanks to a friend in the press, cant spoil anything, just give out impresions: Death of Superman is AMAZING, everything I wanted the character and movie to be. They capture the urgency of the moment, Superman´s might, it was amazing.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎