Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess it's safe to say this show isn't as popular as Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the most said here... People are no longer spending time on internet boards like they use to be, there were numerous online communities/discussion boards once had more 5k posts per day are hardly having any active posts today. I think it is not about the popularity of the show anymore. Not many of us have time to come and discuss about fandoms, its again not about that they don't want to participate it is a change in our culture and life style. Life has become so challenging and making people run behind opportunities. Its just the way it is... Am sure 10 years from now.. the amount of people would participate in discusson board will come down. I think it will be this generation who may continue to do so but I dont have any expectations on the newest/upcoming genration.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeless
      I haven't watched the pilot yet, have seen a couple of scenes off of you tube which left me wondering if Moira (Oliver's mum) is the new Lionel but then we enter the territory of is Oliver a remake of Alexander the Great?!

Its supposed to be opening over here in the Uk on the 22nd so have a check after that and see if that changes your mind?
      Like you say, we here in the UK don't get to see Arrow until the 22nd October - much as I'd like to contribute to discussions about episode 1, I can't. The clips I have seen (especially the action scenes) look amazing - can't wait to see it in glorious HD on my TV!

Comment

Aside from the fact Smallville had the Superman mythos going for it as opposed to the lesser known Green Arrow mythos of what Arrow is using now...

The Arrow won't be as popular as Smallville simply because Smallville has a larger appeal to all ages. The subject matter in the new show will put some people off. That said Arrow already feels like it's going to be a better show than Smallville.

If the show extends and delivers on the Robin Hood idea, adds Oliver's political views in a smart and fun way, if they make meaningful drama out of Speedy's (assuming it will happen) drug addiction then Arrow will definitely beat Smallville's depiction of Green Arrow which got consistantly worse in terms of what could be done with the character as the show went on.

Comment

Can't really add much to what's already been said, so I'll just wave and say hi

I never cared much for the Green Arrow character, but I did watch the pilot and found the story to be interesting. I'm going to give it a fair shot (no pun intended). The action in the pilot and Oliver's list of sinners to trouble did have me wishing for a Batman series instead, though.

I was about to say that I can't see Arrow developing the fan base Smallville did, simply because Superman is so much more beloved than GA. everyone on the planet has heard of Superman, while many barely know who GA is. But I'm going to reverse that opinion. Smallville was never about Superman (except for the last episode). It was about how Clark Kent matured into the moral man who would use his powers for good as opposed for selfish reasons....how he would become Superman. Arrow is about....Green Arrow.

So we'll wait and see!

Comment

Yeah, the thing that drew the vast majority of people to the boards was Smallville and many people who went or still go to those boards are only here for Smallville and rarely if ever posted outside of those boards.. Plus, if this show sticks around it'll probably be a slow burner and build up an audience, kind of be the opposite of Smallville. But I doubt board activity will ever be like anything close to Smallville in its heyday.

Also, EWWW EZBoard.
            Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 10-15-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

It definitely depends on where you're looking to talk about Arrow. For example, Comic Vine, a site dedicated to COMIC BOOKS is giving a bigger push to Arrow, a TV show than the Smallville comic. And the editor of that site reads the Smallville title so...

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                Also hey - if you look at the total number of posts in this forum vs. other shows on the main page, it's already got more posts than Teen Wolf and Walking Dead combined!
                True there, noticed.

Pretty soon the arrow stats will likely overtake Merlin, Doctor who, OUAT, glee, individual stats, and in a near distant future The vampire diaries and some others. Only two episodes in and the Arrow is beating some season old shows, not bad at all. This is a good home for the show.

Comment

I'm sure I will be berated to death for admitting this but I have never seen an episode of Smallville. I very rarely turn my television on due to 60+ hour workweeks and free time is spent having fun. I can't compare Smallville to Arrow but I can say it is an excellent show with alot of potential!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                    I sure hope though that a group of people sticks around here. To me, nothing beats the community of a good message forum
                    Hear! Hear!! I missed that when Smallville finished. I've noticed a lot of "old faces" posting in the Arrow threads. I'm sure when the series gets going in other countries too more posts/discussions will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎