Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Arrow Pilot?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to watch it, was more annoyed when I found out the three times this being shown (Sky 1 8pm Monday, Sky 2 Tuesday and Sunday...) so no Friday or Saturday night?
    Looks good, I'm wondering if Merlyn was as unconscious as he claimed, agreed with the comment by Queen Senior regarding Oliver and his relationship with the sisters...

Comment

I live in Brazil and the premiere was yesterday. Boy, i loved it!

He's dark, he's badass, and he's hot.

I still don't get why they changed the name of the city and Dinah's name and hair color. I mean, when i heard Laurel's last name was Lance i was like "WTH?!?!" but then, near the end, Merlyn called her by her full name and i thought it was kind of lame hehehe but hey, Dinah is here!

oh, and is it just me or the Queen's mansion looks A LOT like the Luthor's hehehe

and looks like Mrs Queen learned from the same book as Lionel's right?

Haven't seen episode 2 yet so i don't know if they kept the quality but, so far, i really loved the show.

Comment

Well here in the UK we got our first episode of Arrow last night and it did not disappoint. The tone of the show was very much what I expected, much more serious than Smallville and taking definite inspiration from Nolan's Batman Begins. Which is a good thing in my opinion. I loved the action scenes very Bourne Supremacy, would say like that film at times the shots were abut too close but hopefully that will change as the show goes on. The biggest factor for me though was Stephen Amell who I thought played Oliver Queen/Arrow to perfection, I was a big Justin Hartley fan but Stephen Amell's version is definitely more serious and appears to have more motivation. This isn't a dig at Hartley it's just he could have done this version IMO much like Anell couldn't have played the Smallville version. All in all a superb pilot with only a few minor problems and I've heard it gets better in the next episode. If the show continues at this standard it could dethrone Smallville as my favourite TV show ever. 9 out of 10.

Edit: forgot to add I don't mind Ollie killing at all it just makes you think why not just kill them all?
        Last edited by Stebob1984; 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
          It was good. Like all the characters and actors. Though I didn't believe Amell's portrayal of the playboy side of Oliver too much. But it was the pilot and he had just gotten off an island after many years... I don't know if I like his friend already becoming suspicious of him or not.
          Pretty much agree with this.
          Also I didn't understand how the mother could re-marry so soon. (she did re-marry ) Oliver was on the island for 5yrs. I thought you had to wait 7yrs to declare anyone legally dead.

Anyways looking forward to the next ep.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's only if they just go missing. When someone gets lost at sea and the boat goes down in the middle of a big storm, I'm pretty sure you can reliably say they're dead if they don't turn up within a year. Of course, it helps when you don't have any uninhabited islands around. Though I may be wrong. I'm not a trained professional in these matters.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertylover7
              I'm pretty sure that's only if they just go missing. When someone gets lost at sea and the boat goes down in the middle of a big storm, I'm pretty sure you can reliably say they're dead if they don't turn up within a year. Of course, it helps when you don't have any uninhabited islands around. Though I may be wrong. I'm not a trained professional in these matters.
              Thanks for that. I should google it!!

Comment

So I went and rewatched Arrow 1x01. I figured it was fitting since we've reach a milestone of 100 episodes.

First the action, characters and everything else are always enjoyable. Also the level of cinematography is well done in this.

The cast of Walter, Tommy, Moira and Laurel, well miss all of you guys.

Stephen Amell is giving a portrayal of somebody who has PTSD hence his "wooden" performance people have criticized him for.

It was a good reminder to see how much the flashbacks have made in progressing Oliver towards his season 1 self and how much they still have to go.

Good as always to see Oliver working a computer without tech help from Felicity.

For Quentin, I'm reminded of how much I disliked his season 1 jerk self. Also Thea as the winy drug addicted, brat as well.

Laurel and Oliver, well I'm reminded of how badly they screwed up her chracter from day 1. The whole drama of the cheating sister thing didn't do anybody any favors.

Which there is a sense of humor of Oliver saying that he spent five years on the island since it's for sure something we now know is proven very false.

Tommy when asking Oliver what happened to him on the island and Oliver responds with the "Alot" comment. Yeah that's an massive understatement.

Over all it's still a good episode. With a series that has held up despite some mis-step years and hopefully a decline we never have to see again.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, Oliver is way different to the one in Smallville.

Comment

Hi guys!!

I have seen the first three episodes. They are pretty interesting! The series hooked me from the start. Now I am going to see more episodes!

See you soon!!

The film hooked them from the start.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎