No announcement yet.

Invasion #2.9 "Darkest"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j03superbat
    If I had to drop a storyline, I'd drop the clone Roy storyline. Interesting as it may be, I'm not crazy that it spun out of a pretty dumb plot twist to begin with.
    I feel that in the Roy storyline we're actually getting character development. I don't see that as true with the invasion arc. And no one felt the plot twist from last season was dumber than I did, but I don't hold that against this season.

As for the idea that the show traded one problem for another, for me it's not as big a problem. I'm having fun with this show, and while I don't expect everyone to (I'd hate to watch this with no comic book knowledge), there comes a point where it just makes more sense to stop watching if you're not enjoying it than to hold on because there's nothing else.
    See, I almost never take that attitude. I watched every episode of Smallville because I wanted to be able to have an intelligent conversation about what was going on with the show. It isn't just about whether or not I am entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      I feel that in the Roy storyline we're actually getting character development. I don't see that as true with the invasion arc. And no one felt the plot twist from last season was dumber than I did, but I don't hold that against this season.
      I think in context, the story just doesn't fit in well. I do appreciate the character development. I geeked out when Original Roy took the name Arsenal, and I'm a fan of the Arrow family in general. But that story feels like it's fallout from last season, rather than something that actually ties into the main invasion storyline. It just doesn't fit as well.

Granted, maybe that speaks more to how the invasion plot is being handled. But given what's aired, I think it sticks out. I like it though.
      See, I almost never take that attitude. I watched every episode of Smallville because I wanted to be able to have an intelligent conversation about what was going on with the show. It isn't just about whether or not I am entertained.
      I've never found joy in talking about something I don't like. There is so much good TV on the air right now, and so many ways to watch TV from the past that one may have missed, that I just don't see why it's necessary to dwell on something you don't enjoy, whether it's Smallville or Young Justice. I think there's more value in discussing what you enjoy than what you don't.

I'm certainly not telling anyone what to do, and if you are going to discuss a show, then yes, it's important to see it to talk intelligently.

Comment

I've never found joy in talking about something I don't like. There is so much good TV on the air right now, and so many ways to watch TV from the past that one may have missed, that I just don't see why it's necessary to dwell on something you don't enjoy, whether it's Smallville or Young Justice. I think there's more value in discussing what you enjoy than what you don't.

I'm certainly not telling anyone what to do, and if you are going to discuss a show, then yes, it's important to see it to talk intelligently.
        We learn just as much from our mistakes/failures as we do from our successes, sometimes more. I will admit that I don't make a habit of it where I have no previous connection. I'm not watching Jersey Shore every week just so I can talk about why I think Snooki sucks. But anything even remotely connected to Superman... I'm pretty much watching it. It helps me to learn more about the character, what I like, why I like it, what I don't like, why I don't like it, etc...

Comment

We learn just as much from our mistakes/failures as we do from our successes, sometimes more. I will admit that I don't make a habit of it where I have no previous connection. I'm not watching Jersey Shore every week just so I can talk about why I think Snooki sucks. But anything even remotely connected to Superman... I'm pretty much watching it. It helps me to learn more about the character, what I like, why I like it, what I don't like, why I don't like it, etc...
          That makes sense.

Comment

Completely agree with both your posts BG

Comment

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like I'm making excuses for the show, but I think the long hiatuses are part of that particular problem. Yes, there are too many characters and (IMO) one too many main storylines. But we're getting 22-minute chunks of this large story a week, with big gaps in between those. I think even with less characters and a tightened plot, it'd be hard to feel a sense of urgency with the scheduling it's facing right now. BG pointed it out before; this is probably a show that plays out better on DVD. I know the show could come on daily and it wouldn't fix the problem of too many characters, but I would consider it as a large factor.
              I have every episoe tivoed and the day the hiatus ended I watched all the previous episodes plus the new one, its even more overwhelming, recieving in 140 minutes (which is just a little above the average lengt of a superhero movie) so many characters and plot that go on and off. Yes Im sure they´ll all converge at the end, it was hinted that the Mode has some aliens behind it but to me it does feel like 2 diferent shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                I have every episoe tivoed and the day the hiatus ended I watched all the previous episodes plus the new one, its even more overwhelming
                I've only watched them as they've aired, so I was anticipating the opposite. Oh well.

Comment

An episode about Aqualad's loyalties to his father and the Light, even if that meant blowing up Mount Justice and capturing more members of Young Justice. He's in a very tough position and Wally is worried about Artemis than anyone else, including his cousin Impulse. Good episode overall here.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
                    An episode about Aqualad's loyalties to his father and the Light, even if that meant blowing up Mount Justice and capturing more members of Young Justice. He's in a very tough position and Wally is worried about Artemis than anyone else, including his cousin Impulse. Good episode overall here.
                    Based on Impulse's attitude in "Satisfaction", when the Team was visiting the fallen heroes' memorial, there was some speculation that he might know that Artemis is actually alive, but, in fact, it is uncertain what Bart really knows or not about the past. Presumably a lot of information about the heroic age may have been lost after the events (whatever they were) that triggered the future apocalyptic reality.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎