Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of We Need To Talk About Kevin?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you kidding me? In what way?

Sam would never abandon Kevin as he was manageable to actually rescue. But even then, he should've at least tried to look for Dean in which he said he didn't. That's not Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
      Redubbing the "family business" line. What the **** was that?
      Jensen talked about that at the DallasCon. He said they wanted to include that line in "The Road so Far" but when everyone listened to it they were laughing because Dean's voice was so high and squeaky. So they asked Jensen to re-record it in Dean's current 'lower' voice.

Speaking of The Road So far...odd song choice but fitting, I guess.

We did a lot of hopping around the country this episode! So many different places...

Dean gets out and he's bloody (but who exactly was cutting his hair during that year? LOL).

Loved him in the plaid (Jensen really made that work) and the hurty arm thing was interesting. And now we meet Benny the vamp. Knew he was a vamp from the spoilers.

The title card. I had heard it was based on the 'Word of God' tablets. I like it but not as much as some of the others.

Baby! So nice to see the Impala back in tip top shape.

Dean going through the tests for him and Sam and then hello, the HUG! *This, according to SuperWiki, was the 6th hug the boys have had. That's nearly one per year!*

I agree that Sam was OOC in this episode, at least to me. I'm still not clear on why Sam didn't look for Dean, myself. As Dean said, they've always disregarded their promise not to. Yes, Dean went off with Lisa and Ben but Sam made him promise to do that and he thought Sam was trapped in the cage forever (he knew where he was and all). And even then, Dean admitted he tried to get Sam out.

But here Sam doesn't even try. He may not have known what had happened to Dean but in the SPN world it seems logical that a person isn't dead until you see them ganked right in front of you (and even then there's usually a way for them to return). I just find it hard to believe that the guy who spent an entire year trying to keep his brother out of hell and then drank friggin' demon blood and worked with a demon to try to get him back would just go 'well, he's gone, guess I'll move on.' I could have understood it if Sam had tried to find him and failed and then moved on but they didn't show or seem to indicate that (yes, Bobby's gone and all his allies but Sam still has other contacts *cough*Jody*cough* and his research-fu. And all of Bobby's books, right?)

So I understood where Dean's hurt and anger was coming from, personally, and would still like some sort of reasoning for why Sam gave up. (I get that he's 'left the life' before--most notable with Stanford. But just a few years ago he said he'd come to grips with "I'll never have that again" and his "destiny" and stuff. Now it seems like Carver is going back on that. But maybe that's just how it seems to me.)

The flashbacks. I liked them but it felt like there were too many. Either keep us in flashbacks and make them fairly continuous or something.

My stupid channel cut out during the Dean and Benny bit so I missed a bit of that flashback but I think I got the gist.

Sam getting Dean a burger and fries (and Dean's almost orgasmic face!) was very sweet. Even earned Sam a smile. That warmed my heart.

Knew the 'closing the gates' thing was coming from the previews and yes, that's important but as Carver himself pointed out, doesn't mean there would stop being things to hunt. And what does that mean for human souls in Hell (like John's before he was freed)?

"Killed Jess", always love a mention of Jess (possibly my favorite female character on the show--with ehe exception of Dean's Baby, of course! ).

Stupid feed cut out again, darnit, but only very briefly during the Sam and Kevin chat. Man! Crowley calling Sam moose (hee!) and Kevin has a plan.

So, not real sure how to feel. I liked it but I really want the Sam/Dean thing fixed. But I do have to admit that this one episode was a lot better than a lot of stuff in Season 7, so I think Carver's going to get us back on track.

Gave it a solid 5.

Comment

Re-watching the premiere...and I noticed something I didn't notice before.

Was someone watching Sam leaving Amelia's place?

Comment

Yes, I noticed that too. My first thought was it was Kevin ....

Comment

Good Ep.

Comment

I must admit I'm surprised by the mixed comments. All the concerns people seem to have (like Sam abandoning everyone) I was worried about too but now that I’ve seen the episode all my worries have gone. I no longer mind that Sam stopped hunting and I am no longer worried about...I can't even remember what else I was worried about. I think the reason Sam’s storyline is working (for me at least) is because while leaving may have been a mistake, I utterly believe that Sam would make that mistake. I thought it would seem out of character and a huge step back but because of what Sam said to Dean when they were in the motel room, it seems more like a character development. The last time Sam abandoned Dean he did it for all the wrong reasons, this time I feel that while it may not have been a good decision, his reasons were more justified. Also, the writers aren’t milking it too much like they did when Dean went off with Lisa. At least Sam is sticking with his brother at the moment and not trying to keep the life he had even though Dean is back (that would have been out of character and I would never have believed it just like I didn’t believe it when Dean tried).

Comment

It was a very underwhelming premiere, when compared to the others. Even Season 6 had a more exciting premiere.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎