Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Order The "Guardian" Trade Paperback!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Order The "Guardian" Trade Paperback!

The "Guardian" trade paperback collecting the first Smallville Season 11 story arc is coming out in April 2013.

Pre-order it through K-Site and support the site:

I really hope two thing.

a) They change "The Guardian" for "Guardian"...the series always had one-word titles.
    b)That's not the final cover...I don't like it. They should use one of the digital covers.

Comment

Will they do a Hard Cover edition also!?

Comment

I have seen the floppies of Season 11 when I go into my shop. I am tempted to pick them up, but I think I might get the trade and see how I like that before diving into the issues.

I know Brian Q. Miller is the writer (LOVE his stuff on Batgirl!!), but how is he on this one?

Comment

I have the first 2 issues and love them. Definitely going to pick up the trade paperback when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
            I have the first 2 issues and love them. Definitely going to pick up the trade paperback when it comes out.
            I know this might be a bit stupid, but how does the digital issue work. Does it go digital first then print? And how "big" (page wise) are each of the issues?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE
              I know this might be a bit stupid, but how does the digital issue work. Does it go digital first then print? And how "big" (page wise) are each of the issues?

RyanE how it works w/ digital is that their 12 chapters every 3 weeks the print comes out the first wed of the month Now b/c sv season 11 is amazing and bring innew reads a new side story has been add digital chapters every week now theprint is 40pgs digital is 23pgs hope this makes sense.

hey

Comment

So with the print issues, we get all of the digital stuff then?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE
                  So with the print issues, we get all of the digital stuff then?
                  Okay, it's kinda complicated. Let's say every print issue has 30 pages, the digital chapters are 10 pages of the comic, so every week they release 10 pages, at the end of the month they just print the 30 pages released digitally and sell it. So yeah, it's the same thing, if you buy the Guardian trade you'll have all the digital chapters of Guardian, plus extras (the print version comes with special features that the digital hasn't)

Same thing with Detective, but now that we're in Haunted (the third episode/arc, the digital stuff has been selling so well that DC has starting releasing digital comics every week (before, the week the issue went to print there weren't any digital chapters released, so the print stuff could catch up) so now, the week the print issues go to print we have a "digital exclusive" Smallville comic, a side-story featuring Martian Manhunter and Batman. This stories won't be printed in the monthly issues, but BQM has said that they'll be included in the Haunted Trade.

Hopefully that helps. Sorry for the bad english.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

It really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ-90
                      I really hope two thing.

a) They change "The Guardian" for "Guardian"...the series always had one-word titles.
                      b)That's not the final cover...I don't like it. They should use one of the digital covers.
                      No opinion on "a)" but I agree with "b)"They should use the Cat Staggs digital cover for Guardian that features Clark dressed as Superman, flying vertically above Smallville and busting through the Smallville lettering. The un-cropped portrait-oriented version of this artwork is quite impressive and made for an excellent introduction to the series.

Comment

I've pre-ordered mine!! Can't wait

Comment

They changed the cover, they changed the cover! Yes!

Last edited by KSiteTV; 03-24-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Just got an email saying that my paperback of "Guardian" has shipped. I'm kind of excited, because unlike most people, I decided to skip all the digital stuff and wait till the paperback came out. I also pre-ordered Vol. 2.

Comment

Just got Guardian in the mail this morning!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎