Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magnificent One View Post
    I don't know if you're a troll or just a really, really negative fan?
    Hmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    Glee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup. Troll.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    The return of fairies?
    Hadn't even thought of that! Hmmm, that could be cool. I felt like we didn't really deal with the fairies and that whole thing in that episode (just how powerful are they? They did seem like they could fix Sam, after all.). There are a lot of lingering questions I would like to see answered.

New In Town
    When your favorite character is being written badly, sure. But for the others that watch this show for the brothers that were on from the beginning, nope.

There are extreme fans of Dean, Sam and Cas that complain their favorite is being picked on.

Myself I like the whole show and like both the brotheres and Cas. And specifically about Cas--I think they are writing him fine and it looks like he will be used a lot this year. Plus I don't think he will be killed.

And also most Cas fans are happy about his role this year as a firm part of the show.
    Last edited by devlin; 09-24-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Castiel needs to bite the dust.

New In Town

Everyone's entitled to their opinion--I couldn't disagree with you more.

Agree.

As one who believes that Castiel didn't die when the Leviathans took him over, when he does die next, whenever it will be, I believe the third time WON'T be a charm and he will stay gone. If he dies in Purgatory, then that could give reasoning to why he isn't resurrected since God probably doesn't want to resurrect someone who died inside his "prison" for monsters. And there needs to be a great reason for Castiel to not be resurrected too since he was resurrected twice already after being killed by Raphael and Lucifer.

New In Town
    Agree.

As one who believes that Castiel didn't die when the Leviathans took him over, when he does die next, whenever it will be, I believe the third time WON'T be a charm and he will stay gone. If he dies in Purgatory, then that could give reasoning to why he isn't resurrected since God probably doesn't want to resurrect someone who died inside his "prison" for monsters. And there needs to be a great reason for Castiel to not be resurrected too since he was resurrected twice already after being killed by Raphael and Lucifer.

Not likely Cas is killed in Purgatory--even though there is always a few haters always crying for his blood. TPTB have never listenened to this very small loud minority and I don't see it happening now. The hints are there is more happening than the vague death hints Dean gave Sam--you can see clearly he is not giving Sam the whole truth either intentionally or unintentionally. It's a wide open clue that Cas will return imo--this seems clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
    Not likely Cas is killed in Purgatory--even though there is always a few haters always crying for his blood. TPTB have never listenened to this very small loud minority and I don't see it happening now. The hints are there is more happening than the vague death hints Dean gave Sam--you can see clearly he is not giving Sam the whole truth either intentionally or unintentionally. It's a wide open clue that Cas will return imo--this seems clear to me.
    Or it's possible that Dean could have killed Castiel in Purgatory who indeed "changed". Anything's possible. Plus, there's nothing to say TPTB would listen to any minority calling for Castiel's blood. They could just decided that Castiel's arc must come to an end sometime. He's not Sam and Dean. In a series where Bobby had to meet his death, Castiel will have to have closure as well. To have him be in the very end and NOT Bobby is ridiculous.

He's not Sam and Dean. In a series where Bobby had to meet his death, Castiel will have to have closure as well. To have him be in the very end and NOT Bobby is ridiculous.
    This!

New In Town
    Or it's possible that Dean could have killed Castiel in Purgatory who indeed "changed". Anything's possible. Plus, there's nothing to say TPTB would listen to any minority calling for Castiel's blood. They could just decided that Castiel's arc must come to an end sometime. He's not Sam and Dean. In a series where Bobby had to meet his death, Castiel will have to have closure as well. To have him be in the very end and NOT Bobby is ridiculous.

To me the logic doesn't follow--Bobby dies so Cas must. No I don't buy that at all. There is no SPN rule that only Sam and Dean should survive the series--Cas is an important character in their life and there is nothing wrong with him surviving. With regards to does Dean kill Cas--I guess anything is possible but between the lines I get the strong vibe Cas survives purgatory. We'll see.

To me the logic doesn't follow--Bobby dies so Cas must. No I don't buy that at all. There is no SPN rule that only Sam and Dean should survive the series--Cas is an important character in their life and there is nothing wrong with him surviving.
    No rule says that only Sam and Dean should survive, no, but the only characters who has to stay alive on the show are Sam and Dean. I feel the show would benefit from killing off Castiel. Sera Gamble's motivation for killing off Bobby last season was to put the brothers in a similiar place to the first season, where they could only rely on each other. If they're taking away allies from the brothers then they should definitely take away Castiel since he can constantly be used to fix every situation they find themselves in, which is something that is getting increasingly boring.

New In Town
    No rule says that only Sam and Dean should survive, no, but the only characters who has to stay alive on the show are Sam and Dean. I feel the show would benefit from killing off Castiel. Sera Gamble's motivation for killing off Bobby last season was to put the brothers in a similiar place to the first season, where they could only rely on each other. If they're taking away allies from the brothers then they should definitely take away Castiel since he can constantly be used to fix every situation they find themselves in, which is something that is getting increasingly boring.

To me and I hear this a lot from others too--Sera Gamble went too far in just making it about the brothers. Which is why Carver is repopulating the SPN universe with a bunch of recurring characters. It gets stale if its JUST the brothers. I love the bros and they are the center of the show but we need other characters too. And Cas is just a great character imo and therefore should be kept. We'll have to disagree--I think for great majority of time the writers are creative in NOT having Cas solve all problems. The boys end up doing 90% of all heroics on the show, not Cas. Occasionally Cas does some magic help but that isn't often. The writers are creative in handling Cas well. I have faith in them.

To me the logic doesn't follow--Bobby dies so Cas must. No I don't buy that at all. There is no SPN rule that only Sam and Dean should survive the series--Cas is an important character in their life and there is nothing wrong with him surviving. With regards to does Dean kill Cas--I guess anything is possible but between the lines I get the strong vibe Cas survives purgatory. We'll see.
    You don't buy the logic because you clearly don't understand my point. I'm not saying there's a "rule" or "guideline" that states only Sam and Dean need to be the only survivors by the time the series ends, but the fact that a stronger character that meant more to the series, Bobby, died recently, it shows that someone less important, imo, shouldn't be able to be there when the series ends. It's pretty much selfish to kill off a more important character since almost the beginning but only keep another character just because a group of fans adore the character. Castiel continuing on from what was supposed to be a recurring role in season four was fine but now the character is just being used as a plot device now.

And yes, we will see what the writers end up doing with Cas this season, but I really hope they make the right decisions. Sera Gamble made a bold move actually killing off Bobby and took a few steps back with using Ghost!Bobby, so hopefully Carver can stand firm if he does choose to kill off Castiel.

I am watching the series again from the beginning. In my opinion the strongest seasons by far were 4 and 5 with both Castiel and Bobby...there were plenty of other recurring characters to keep it fascinating. Even though I know what happens in Swan Song it is still riveting story telling. Season 6 is still extremely good, although I am fighting my disappointment and frustration because I know Castiel goes dark side and disappears and Bobby eventually dies. But then this is the season that brought The French Mistake (awesome)....Season 7 has been out for a week and yet I haven't rushed out to buy it. I will watch the cliffhanger again in anticipation of Season 8, but I am really praying that Carver takes me back to that dynamic that seasons 4 and 5 held for me. The Leviathan story was boring IMO, although I dearly loved Dick Roman. The BEST episodes IMO were the last few with all the players....Sam, Dean, Bobby, Cas, Meg and Crowley (and Lucifer in there too was just icing on the cake)...

The characters and how they are interacting with Sam and Dean are what make the story IMO. And I don't believe that either brother survives in the end.

It's pretty much selfish to kill off a more important character since almost the beginning but only keep another character just because a group of fans adore the character. Castiel continuing on from what was supposed to be a recurring role in season four was fine but now the character is just being used as a plot device now.

And yes, we will see what the writers end up doing with Cas this season, but I really hope they make the right decisions. Sera Gamble made a bold move actually killing off Bobby and took a few steps back with using Ghost!Bobby, so hopefully Carver can stand firm if he does choose to kill off Castiel.
    Exactly and it feels like the only reason why they're keeping Castiel on the show is because of his fanbase but they don't know what to do with the character, his arc last season is evidence of that.

I also agree that killing off Bobby was a bold move by Sera and I respected her for it, "Death's Door" was a brilliant episode and a great sendoff for a great character and it's a shame she ruined it by bringing him back as a ghost. I sincerely hope that Carver has the balls to kill off Castiel and let him stay dead.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast