No announcement yet.

Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall

In the sequel the costumed high-school hero Kick-Ass joins with an group of normal citizens who have been inspired to fight crime in costume. Meanwhile, the Red Mist plots an act of revenge that will effect everyone Kick-Ass knows.

Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are slated to reprise their roles as well as Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

And according to deadline.com: Jim Carrey Courted for Kiss-Ass

Carrey would play The Colonel, a character that would help the misfit team of heroes assemble to fight evil.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-15-2013, 08:44 PM.

The second Kick Ass comic was awful, simply horrendous. Millar basically wrote a snuff novel without an ounce of a coherent story or character depth. I hope the movie uses its own story.

Comment

Jim Carrey has now been confirmed for the sequel! Director Jeff Wadlow tweeted the official news, saying, "6 days till we start shooting... and we officially have our Colonel. Alrighty f'n then!"

Comment

Release Date:

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
          Release Date:

According to the new trailer i think it said in August now.

Anyway the new trailer is out. I would post it here but the trailer is Red Band which means it involves cursing and stuff so figured it would be best not to post it on the forum. Ill post one (or whoever gets to it first) when a cleaner version is released. The movie does look good. Cant wait to see. Looks like there is going to be lots more action and a lot more superheroes in it.

Comment

Saw the trailer...when is Chloë Grace Moretz getting her own Hit Girl movie? It still looks like the girl is going to steal the show yet again. And Jim Carrey looks like he's back in Ace Ventura/Mask form (basically back to not sucking). Overall good trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Saw the trailer...when is Chloë Grace Moretz getting her own Hit Girl movie? It still looks like the girl is going to steal the show yet again. And Jim Carrey looks like he's back in Ace Ventura/Mask form (basically back to not sucking). Overall good trailer.
              Yup I think Hit Girl is whats going to make these movies. If she ever left the movies might not be as good. Or atleast if the actress leaves. I agree with Jim Carrey. he seems like he is going to be as good as he used to be. Of course i havent seen a Jim carrey movie since the 90s. I am kind of interested in that Burt Wonderstone movie tho with him in it. Cant remember but how often has Jim been in a rated R movie? he usually does PG13 stuff so this might be a little different for him and he has the ability to be a bit more vulgar. Although he has always been more physical comedy then verbal.

Comment

Comment

Red band trailer, content generally not suitable here...

"Yeah dere's a dog on yer baws".

Comment

Heres the clean version:

Comment

Originally posted by CKent/KalEl
                      The second Kick Ass comic was awful, simply horrendous. Millar basically wrote a snuff novel without an ounce of a coherent story or character depth. I hope the movie uses its own story.
                      I enjoyed Kick Ass in a kind of guilt pleasure way, but if the film ends up being nothing but a glorified snuff film what's the point? I don't think that's something the comic book film really needs to be known for.

superhippie2000 Heres the clean version:
                      Why the mask if everyone knows who he is?

This looks like the deconstruction, of a deconstructed superhero movie. Sometimes post modernism just sucks.

Comment

They've removed Balls to the Wall from the movie title eh....they're just making it Kick-Ass 2. I guess they figured short and simple is better for marketing. And they probably wanted to make the title less offensive so parents wouldn't be afraid to bring their kids to it. Or somethin. Anyway, doesn't look like it's gonna be anywhere near as good as the first one going by trailers, but guess we'll see. The first Kick-Ass was freakin' awesome and truly one of my all-time favorite movies so the sequel has a lot to live up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                          They've removed Balls to the Wall from the movie title eh....they're just making it Kick-Ass 2. I guess they figured short and simple is better for marketing. And they probably wanted to make the title less offensive so parents wouldn't be afraid to bring their kids to it. Or somethin. Anyway, doesn't look like it's gonna be anywhere near as good as the first one going by trailers, but guess we'll see. The first Kick-Ass was freakin' awesome and truly one of my all-time favorite movies so the sequel has a lot to live up to.
                          Ya i just noticed the balls to the wall thing. maybe just simplier to be kick ass 2. and if parents bring their kids to this movie i think the parents need to get their ass kicked i think this movie will be good just with all the other characters it might feel a little crowded. the first movie only had like 4 people dressed up and in this its like 400 people. could be too much going on and takes a way from the overall plot or we wont get much info about some of the other new characters. which id probably be fine with.

Comment

Ive heard people mention theres an after credits scene so if you go stay during the credits.

Comment

Anyone else see this movie? I enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎