Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I Met Your Mother

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys, so sorry that I haven't updated this yet but I got sick last week and I was in too much pain to even contemplate writing. But I have been writing tonight so hopefully an update will be on it's way within the next two days

In the meantime I'll leave you with a little teaser

“Mommy?”

She glanced down at her son, who was wearing a similarly confused expression as Carter had been. “Yes?”

“Will I ever be able fly like Daddy?”

She crouched down beside him, knowing he would start asking questions soon. She hated being alone when she had to answer them though. Clark was always better at that than her. Fortunately, so far none of their children had exhibited any of Clark’s abilities. Except for a little extra strength. But since Clark hadn’t started developing his powers until his teens, and combined with the fact that their kids were only half Kryptonian, Lois hoped it would be a while yet before anything popped up.

“I don’t know sweetie. Maybe one day, who knows?”

The little boy smiled. “I hope so, I want to help people like daddy does. And, I want to be a policeman when I grow up.”

Lois smiled and kissed the top of his head as she stood up. “You can be whatever you want to be baby.”

Comment

^ Awww..that is so sweet!! Can't wait until the update is out!

Comment

OMG I am on fire today! Here is another update for you guys, since its been so long since I updated this one. Sorry about that but I hope you enjoy. It's a bit of a happier break from Healing Wounds at the moment so....enjoy

Chapter One

“Mom!”

Lois sighed as she flipped over the pancakes and waited without responding. Carter knew better than to yell in the house but each time, he still did it. Sure enough two minutes later he appeared in the kitchen doorway, his hair in complete disarray and his shirt hanging open.

“You planning on going to school like that?” Lois asked with a chuckle as she set some pancakes on a plate and placed them in front of Jon, who was sitting at the table. She ruffled his hair as he smiled and said thank you.

“Have you seen my gym shorts? I can’t find them anywhere.”

“Gee, morning mom, how are you? I’m fine thanks son.” Carter, at fourteen years of age was the spitting image of his father, dark brown hair, tall and broad for his age. But his attitude, that was all Lois, as Clark liked to keep reminding her. Which usually meant that Carter was the only one of her children that could work his way around her.

“Sorry, morning. Hey where’s dad?” he asked after plonking himself down at the table. Jon let out a squeal as he stole a pancake off his plate.

“Carter! That was mine. Get your own!”

“Oh don’t worry Jonny, I’m sure mom will be happy to make you some more.” He grinned, laughing as Jon scowled at him. Lois rolled her eyes and turned back to the stove, that boy was so cheeky sometimes.

“Leave his breakfast alone Carter, yours is on its way. And your father is out helping someone right now.”

“Nothing serious I hope.” That was the thing about Carter, he joked around a lot but when it came to his dad and who he was, he had a profound respect and it warmed Lois’ heart to see it.

“I don’t think so, he didn’t really have time to tell me.”

“Is daddy catching bad guys?” Jon asked through a mouthful of pancake.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full honey. And maybe, I don’t know. But he is helping someone as we speak.”

“Superman is so cool.” Jon said, and the pride in his voice struck a chord in Lois. Her children were the best part of her life, well one of the best parts aside from her husband.

She looked over at Carter. “Okay, your gym shorts are still in the dryer but they should be ready. Is your sister up yet?”

Carter shrugged. “No idea. What’s with her lately anyway?”

“What do you mean?”

“She’s been in such a bad mood since the other night.”

“I think she’s having some issues right now but just give her some space okay? Don’t mess with her.”

He sighed as Lois passed him his breakfast. “Okay but if she starts on me, I won’t hold back.”

“I expect nothing less.” And she really didn’t. Carter and Ellie often clashed but she knew deep down that they cared for each other.

“Carter,”

He looked up at her, pancake hanging from the corner of his mouth. “Hmm?”

“Eat your food, don’t inhale it.”

He swallowed and lifted another forkful to his mouth. “But I’m gonna be late. I promised Zack we’d practise a little before school starts.”

“Football?” Lois frowned.

“Yeah, what else?” Carter replied, looking confused.

“Okay well, remember we need to discuss it with your father first before you go signing up for any teams.”

“Oh, yeah I remember. But honestly mom, I’m not even that strong. I sure as heck can’t do what dad does so you don’t need to worry. Besides, if I thought for a second that I could really hurt someone, I wouldn’t bother anyway.”

She smiled at him, feeling incredibly proud, he was growing into a fine young man. “I don’t worry honey, but we need to be careful.”

“I know, I know. Okay I gotta bounce, see you later Mom.” He quickly dumped his empty plate in the sink and kissed Lois on the cheek before shooting back upstairs.

“Mommy?”

She glanced down at her son, who was wearing a similarly confused expression as Carter had been. “Yes?”

“Will I ever be able fly like Daddy?”

She crouched down beside him, knowing he would start asking questions soon. She hated being alone when she had to answer them though. Clark was always better at that than her. Fortunately, so far none of their children had exhibited any of Clark’s abilities. Except for a little extra strength. But since Clark hadn’t started developing his powers until his teens, and combined with the fact that their kids were only half Kryptonian, Lois hoped it would be a while yet before anything popped up.

“I don’t know sweetie. Maybe one day, who knows?”

The little boy smiled. “I hope so, I want to help people like daddy does. And, I want to be a policeman when I grow up.”

Lois smiled and kissed the top of his head as she stood up. “You can be whatever you want to be baby.”

“You catch bad guys too huh Mommy?”

She stacked a few more pancakes onto a plate and left it on the side for Eloise then grabbed her coffee and joined Jon at the table. “Well not in the same way that your father does but yes, I’ve helped put my share away.”

“Wow. You’re awesome Mommy.”

“She certainly is.” A voice came from the doorway and Lois and Jon looked up to see Clark walk in already dressed in his work clothes. He bent to kiss Lois, a long lingering kiss before pulling back and heading over to the coffee machine.

“Did you catch a bad guy daddy?” Jon asked, excitement evident on his little face.

“No not this morning Jon, but you don’t need to worry, I fixed it.”

The look he gave Lois told her that he didn’t want Jon to know the details so she quickly distracted him. “Jon, can you go and get your things ready for school please?”

“Okay…” he said, sounding a little disappointed as he headed out of the kitchen.

“Everything okay Smallville?” she asked, walking over to him. He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. He took a moment to just breathe her in, as he usually did whenever he got back from something that shook him a little. She leaned her forehead against his, her fingers toying lightly across his chest, letting him take his time. Then he kissed her and stood back up.

“It’s fine, there was pretty bad accident on the bridge but I think everyone’s okay.”

“But…?”

“A woman and her baby got hurt, he’s only a year old. It was just a little hard to take.”

“Oh Smallville, come here.” She put her arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly. “At least you got there in time. They may be hurt but it could’ve been a lot worse if you hadn’t been there. So just…remember that, okay?”

He nodded against her shoulder. “Thanks Lo.”

“Hey Mom where’s…?” Eloise burst into the kitchen but stopped when she saw them. “Is everything okay?”

Clark straightened up and turned back to the coffee machine as Lois set about putting her stuff into her briefcase. “It’s fine Ellie, your breakfast is ready.”

“Oh, cool.” She quickly grabbed the plate and sat down at the table.

“Okay I got to go.” Lois said, grabbing her jacket and keys.

Eloise frowned. “I thought you were taking us to school. Don’t tell me we’ve got to get the bus.”

“No your father is taking you because I have an early meeting. So behave yourself.” She dropped a quick kiss on her daughter’s head, not surprised when she reared back and then gave Clark one last kiss. “See you later Smallville.”

“Drive safely.” He replied, watching as she left the kitchen. He snapped back to attention when he realised that Eloise was calling him. “Hmm?”

She rolled her eyes. “You two are just like two lovesick…”

Clark smiled. “Lovesick what Ellie? Teenagers? And what’s wrong with that?”

Ellie’s face darkened and she looked down at her plate with a scowl. “Nothing, I guess.”

Clark frowned, knowing his daughter was going through something and not being able to help her was frustrating. But until she opened up to him, there was nothing he could do.

“Everything okay?” he asked and she glanced up at him with a fake smile.

“It’s fine Dad. Really.”

“As long as you’re sure. Hey, you know you can talk to me right? Even if it’s boy trouble…”

“Dad!” Eloise shook her head in disgust but Clark could see the tell-tale signs of a blush appearing. “Stop it.”

“I’m just saying, anything you need sweetheart, I’m here.”

For a few moments she stayed silent but then a genuine smile warmed her face. “Thanks Dad. But we should get going don’t you think? We’re going to be late for school and you’ll be late for work.”

Clark checked his watch, she was right. “When did you become the adult?”

Eloise simply rolled her eyes but smiled warmly at her father as she got up, put her plate in the sink and ran upstairs to get her stuff.

Clark got his things together and waited for his three children to come downstairs. One by one they appeared, Carter first, earphone sticking out of one ear and a football under his arm. Eloise was next, ruffling her hair as she walked by the mirror and then…where was Jon?

“Hey where’s your brother?”

Carter shrugged as he opened the front door. “Beats me.” Then he turned to yell up the stairs. “Hey short stack! Come on we’re gonna be late!”

No answer. That was odd. What could he possibly be up to? “You two go wait in the car, we’ll be right there.”

“Ugh, hurry up dad.” Eloise complained.

Clark took the stairs two at a time, he rarely used his powers around the kids unless he had to. When he got to Jon’s room he was surprised to find it empty. “Jon? Where are you?”

He turned and walked into the hallway, noticing that his bedroom door was open. Lois always closed it. Walking towards it, he peeked inside and stopped. Jon was standing in front of Lois’ full length mirror and on his back was his father’s red cape. Clark had to bite his lip from laughing as he watched his son mimic him flying, holding his arms out and making the whooshing sounds.

Clark folded his arms and just watched him for a moment, feeling an immense sense of pride that his little boy thought he was a hero. People called him that every day. But until you heard coming from the mouths of your children, it never felt real. It was his job to protect people, it was also something he loved doing but at the end of the day, his family were what was most important to him.

As Jon adopted the famous Superman stance, legs spread apart a little, hands on hips and said something to himself, Clark felt his heart swell with such love that he just couldn’t keep quite any longer. “Hey Jon.”

He spoke quietly but even so, Jon jumped and quickly ripped the cape off his back. “I wasn’t doing anything daddy I swear. I was only…”

“It’s okay son. You weren’t doing any harm. But you know you’re not allowed in mommy and daddy’s room don’t you?”

Jon looked at the ground, biting his lip in the same way that Lois does. “I’m sorry.”

“Hey, don’t be sorry. Come here, give me a hug.”

Jon practically leapt into his arms and squeezed hard as he wrapped his arms around Clark’s neck. “I don't want to be a policeman anymore when I grow up."

"Oh? What do you want to be then?"

"I want to be Superman.”

“Well we’ll just have to wait and see on that one. Now, how about we get you to school before your mom calls and yells at me.”

Jon chuckled as Clark put him back down. “She doesn’t mean it though daddy, she loves you.”

Clark smiled as he closed the door behind him. “I know she does. But that doesn’t stop her yelling does it?”

Jon’s face twisted into a grimace. “No.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay guys, have a good day and stay out of trouble.” Clark said as he pulled up at the kerb next to the school’s parking lot.

“Why do you always look at me when you say that?” Carter asked, not really waiting for an answer as he got out. Eloise paused slightly as she opened her door, her eyes fixed on something, or someone ahead. Clark quickly followed her gaze and saw Adam leaning up against the side of the school bus, laughing without a care in the world.

“Ellie…” she stopped just outside the car and leaned back in.

“Yeah?”

“Are you sure things are okay with Adam?”

Her face told him nothing, not that he’d expected it to. “I don’t know dad.”

“You’re not pregnant or anything right?” he blurted without thinking, kicking himself as he watched his daughter’s jaw drop.

“How could you ask me that? Of course I’m not.”

“Sorry. But you have me a little worried that’s all.”

Eloise rolled her eyes and slammed the car door, but leaned in the open window. “Dad, you really don’t need to worry about that kind of thing okay? I’m a big girl, I know how to take care of myself.”

Clark swallowed the lump that had suddenly appeared in his throat and nodded. “Okay then, well…have a good day sweetie.”

She sighed and stood up straight. “Yeah, you too.”

He watched as she walked over to Adam and was a little surprised when his face lit up and he hugged her tight.

As he started to pull away from the kerb, he winced as he recalled what he’d asked her. What on earth had possessed him to ask that? But as he headed toward the Daily Planet, her answer ringing in his ears, he realised with a pang of sadness, that his little girl was definitely all grown up.

To Be Continued...

Comment

Loved it

Jon is so cute putting on his dads cape.

Update soon.

Comment

Wow, three updates!!!! You're on a roll, Loulou! Lol. Love the separate moments Clois each shared with their children. They are beyond adorable and Jon wearing Daddy's cape was just too cute. Poor Clark though, he's so worried about Eloise he accidently let the P-word slip. I'm just glad all turned out well in the end.

As for the next chapter, please keep them coming!

Comment

Aw Laura I love the update! Perfect amount of mushy fluff for me! I love seeing happy clois family. I am a ltitle concerned about Ellie tho..wth is going on? and Jon and the superman mimic thing was just.. my heart melted!! SMH at Clark and the pregnancy question but as a parent I can understand too lol.. But the thing i loved alot other than the Jon bit was Clois. Lois comforting him and him agreeing that Lois is awesome. *sigh*

More please!!

Comment

Love it!!! I'm glad that you got to update Carter is just like Lois, John is adorable and Eloise is fun!!! Fantastic...Update soon, pretty please

Comment

Great chapter.

Comment

This story is absolutely adorable, Laura! The kids are great and Jon awww such a cuttie, i loved him mimicking Superman.

Hope you're able to update again soon because i just love Clois' family stories

Comment

Hi Laura,

I have to admit I haven't read your stuff before but I'm hooked now. What I've seen of this story is great so far. The kids are, well I won't say they're all adorable because the two older ones are typical teenagers, but Jon certainly is adorable. I'm a sucker for mini Clois. I am interested to see what is going on with Eloise and how her parents deal with it. Update soon.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                        Hi Laura,

I have to admit I haven't read your stuff before but I'm hooked now. What I've seen of this story is great so far. The kids are, well I won't say they're all adorable because the two older ones are typical teenagers, but Jon certainly is adorable. I'm a sucker for mini Clois. I am interested to see what is going on with Eloise and how her parents deal with it. Update soon.

OMG Leanne!! It was Laura's fics that made me finally take the fanfic writing plunge myself. Gah, if you ever get time you need to read her The Fire Within or Epiphany, seriously awesome fics.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                          OMG Leanne!! It was Laura's fics that made me finally take the fanfic writing plunge myself. Gah, if you ever get time you need to read her The Fire Within or Epiphany, seriously awesome fics.
                          She should really read the one that Laura wrote with Jools called Press Passes & Passions. I just LOVED that one. I would also add Double Trouble to the list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                            She should really read the one that Laura wrote with Jools called Press Passes & Passions. I just LOVED that one. I would also add Double Trouble to the list as well.
                            I love anything by Lou. But the ones i suggested r my top two faves. DT gah..love that!!

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                              I love anything by Lou. But the ones i suggested r my top two faves. DT gah..love that!!
                              I definitely remember reading Epiphany. I might have read the other one you mentioned.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I enjoy looking at your avatar of a wet bare-chested Clark? *sighs*

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                                I definitely remember reading Epiphany. I might have read the other one you mentioned.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I enjoy looking at your avatar of a wet bare-chested Clark? *sighs*
                                No..you haven't but I have had others say so join the avi oogling club

Sadly, I've not read Press Pass, Passion one yet I keep meaning to *groans* The Fire Within makes me laugh and cry and ugh..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎