No announcement yet.

CRIMSON and TRESPASS Official Re-Watch Thread, August 10th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
    Gotta get some sleep before finding out who my man Mitt is going to select for the Veep slot tomorrow.
    [SPOILER]Paul Ryan[/SPOILER] (whoever that is)

Comment

• Now that I've had some sleep....

I liked both these episodes, espescially "Crimson". If memory serves, this was the first episode I saw where it dawned on me Lana really wasn't needed anymore at this point, unless she was going to become the third point in a love triangle in storylines I wouldn't be interested in seeing. Lois was just plain fun to watch. Watching her annoy Clark was fun. Watching her expresioons of clarity when if occurs to her that, yep, maybe she did like Clark in ways other than a pseudo-stepbrother.
      Also great with "Crimson" was how effortlessly the mood changed from near camp to drama. Great job by all.

As for "Trespass" I thought it was a solid drama. What I'm not getting is why Lana had decided to scam Lex around this point. He had just saved her life twice, in two recent episodes. Very similar to how Chloe turned against Lex even though he had saved her life at least twice by my count.

Comment

• banners (sorry to be late)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
          I wonder if they already planned that the baby is fake at this point. I'm just trying to figure out why Lex is behaving as he is. Why the need to announce the baby when the most important person from hos POV (Clark) already knows...
          Reputation. I think, Lex has more people looking over his shoulder wondering "why Lana Lang?" And likely she is hard to sell in certain circles, considering his reputation. He kind of adressed this point in his speech at the dinner "wondering about when he would settle" and some people nodded. A baby would have answered many questions. But I think he also wanted it to be her reputation, especially because she would loose the baby shortly after the wedding. Even without any prove people would wonder if she had faked the pregnancy for him to marry her. People would be carefull with somebody who could fool the Luthors.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
          Star channelling Dr. Fate!!
          But Jimmy had the feeling first. In fact, he seemed to have had some kind of intuition as one can see in "Noir".

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Karafan1
          That dessert looked good!!
          Oh, yes.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
          Poor Lois! Poor Chloe! Poor Martha! Clark is certainly brutally honest here.
          But he has a point, right?

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          Why exactly is Martha at the party at all?
          In a cut scene she wanted to bow out but both Lex and Lana kind of "forced" her. She gave something from he own mother to Lana saying that Lana was the closest to being a daughter to her.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Clark's accusation towards his mother is not unjustified, is it? What were the writers thinking with that Mionel plot so shortly after Jon died?
          Both Lionel and Martha wanted to protect Clark. And there had always been some attraction between them, Jonathan was not jealous for no reason at all.

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

I wonder how Jimmy got past security. I thought he was banned from the mansion!
          Good point. Maybe Lex lifted the ban again after Jimmy saved him in "Static". Or even before but without telling it Jimmy.

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

MR does a good job here, too, with his reaction to Clark telling Lana the whole thing is a competition and she is just the consolation prize.
          The odd thing is that Lex does not remember telling Clark that he wanted "everything Clark had". He did so after he had been on the Black Ship and at least according to what he said after "Zod" the last thing he recalled was going to the field. Between the Black Ship and waking at the hospital he seemed to have no memory. Or he had and didn't want anybody to know that he knew Clark's secret.

And we see Clark's true feelings about Lex for once!
          Yes. He is really angry with him for not behaving as Clark thinks he should. Clark obviously still considers him a brother.

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

Great scene where Lex "stabs" Clark with the chisel.
          Though I wonder why he didn't damage his own hand...

----- Added 21 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ankhara
          Man!! The way Clark treats Lana -there's nothing romantic about it IMO-, and how both Lex and him talked about her, as if she were a mere trophy.
          I didn't see Lex talking that way. But he was not under red-K.

----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

The chisel always bothered me for the simple reason that you don't just need Clark's steel abs but also Lex would need more that human strength to drive it forward with enought for to bend it that way.
          I agree.

And the way the scene was shown he immediately goes down when Lex stabs him. That means Green K was active (we see Martha). But then the chisel should have actually stabbed him.
          Good point. We don't see any blood.

----- Added 31 Minutes later -----

Lex doesn't seen to be bothered at all by the thought of shooting Clark. He may have had the right to come after Clark, but not with a gun!!
          But he didn't shoot. Not even when Clark attacked him. In a similar situation when Clark was under silver-K Lex shot but only after the gun did not point at Clark any more. He shot to warn Lana, who heard it and reacted in the correct way. This time he didn't shoot at all.

I think he pointed the gun at Clark to cool him down. If he had shot Clark and Clark was not wounded his secret would have been out in the open. I think, he hoped Clark would stop because his secret was more important to him than hurting Lex. Didn't quite work. But Lex could have shown up with half an army of bodyguards but he chose to just take a gun with him.

Quite the threat: "If I ever let you slip through my fingers I have no idea what I'd be capable of."
          Yep!

So... exactly when did Lana take the chisel?
          She must have returned to the farm later in the night.

----- Added 38 Minutes later -----

Lana should know better. Chloe freaked out on her in S2 about snooping on her computer.
          But Chloe never had problems with snooping on anybodies computer.
          Last edited by Freawaru; 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
            TBH I can understand Lana's obsession with Clark's secret. It's like having an unsolved puzzle in front of you that's driving you nuts. The same thing that drives Lex and that drive Chloe til S3.
            I think it is more than than. I think it freaked Lana out not to know. Clark's secret could have been anything, meteor freak would have been the one she would have been okay with. But with sorcerers, aliens, ghosts, and what not else, around she felt the need to know to make the decision between Clark and Lex. In the last ep Clark had shown her his interest again and she felt she needed to make a decision soon.

All three start with mere curiousity about Clark and all three supress it at some point. But both Lex and Lana have very personal reasons later in the seasons to know it for sure and don't hold back then. I don't think Lana would have snooped and tried to find out if not for Clark telling her again he loved her.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I guess so. It is her isnistence that she has a RIGHT to be in on the secret that is annoying.
            But with Clark wanting her she does. How can one make up one's mind about whom to marry if one does not know whom one marries. Lana had a right to know because Clark told her he loved her and that she should leave Lex. Lex had a right to know because he knew he was Sageeth and Naman would be his opponent. As the saying goes: in love and war there are no rules.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Like the way Lana takes charge here. It is obvious that she is learning a lot from Lex.
            Yes. More that we are shown. Anybody still wonders why she has no time to study astronomy?

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

What does Lana expect to find in Clark's desk, I wonder.
            Something. Anything.

And does she realize that the clear necklace was actually originally her green one?
            The way she looked: yes. She seemed to wonder why it was not green any more.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

I thought it ironic that Jimmy uncovered that Lana was stalking Clark in a Lana-stalker episode.
            Yes. That was perfect.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

The way she looks: yes.
            Hehe.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Mack is right that Lex is starting to rub off on her! Smart move to go along with him. She is a pretty convincing liar - which is new for her.
            Not at all. She was always very good at it. Remember Whitney? Remember Jason?

In fact she smiles at him the very same way she will do later smile at Lex after finding out about the pregnancy. AND even later when Clark tells her that he wants to be with her on the farm.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Nice to see that Clark is the one to figure out that Esposito wasn't the stalker!
            Yes, he has his moments. Unfortionatly, he only uses his brains in this way if he has to save somebody.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

So Mack wanted to save her, now wants to kill her?
            He behaved with the irrationality of a meteor freak.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Karafan1
            Lana shoulda checked the security camera video for that room to see how Clark got there so fast!
            She probably did - and erased them so Lex won't see it.

----- Added 29 Minutes later -----

I kinda like how nasty Lex is to Clark in this loft scene.
            Nasty? He was fishing for clues, because he wanted to decide whether to invite him to the wedding.

----- Added 33 Minutes later -----

What happened to the chisel? Are we supposed to assume that Lex took it? There was a deleted scene in which Clark was straightening it back out, but it is certainly implied that Lex knows...
            Maybe he saw the photo?

"When I thought you mattered." OUCH!
            But seriously, he needed an explanation, right? I mean, with all those years of being obsessed with Clark there is nothing that might have changed it.

And as usual, if Lex wants somebody to not think logical he uses an attack to divert.

----- Added 34 Minutes later -----

Ironically Clark actually didn't have anything to do with Lana coming to the farm.
            I doubt that she would have if he had not told her he loved her.

----- Added 38 Minutes later -----

What surprised me first time watching was that Lex actually tried to encourage Clark to want Lana back, right? I mean, a short time ago Clark shows to him that Lana is some kind of prize for him. And now, Lex even encourages Clark in it???

Another point for my theory that Lex actually wanted Lana to return to Clark some day. She just returned earlier than he had wanted (or hoped).
            Last edited by Freawaru; 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
              Yes. Her reaction at the end when he told her he loved her was kind of a first for her. Was it his reaction to Clark in Crimson (pulling a gun on him and refusing to apologize for that) or her getting some inkling of Clark's secret when she found the chisel that made her start to question her feelings for Lex?
              I don't think it was so much her feelings for Lex (as we see in Wrath they are still intact) as her not being sure she wants to be what she becomes by being with him. I mean, the blackmail and threats, the spying, the fear, and considering the next two seasons probably we only see the tip of the icemountain here. She mentioned several times that it was not the life she wanted. Lana is able to adapt herself to her surrounding like a changeling, but does she really want to become what Lex wants her to be?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
              In Crimson, and you need to look at the deleted scene, it's interesting to see how nice Lex is to Martha, and in earlier epsidodes when his an Lana's relationship is beginning, hear him insist to Lana they show enough respect to Clark to tell him themselves of their relationship....then to make a point to denigrate Clark to his face. Over and Over.
              There was a vision of his mother in-between. After that, Lex did not plan to live long.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

In a twisted way you could see his pattern of thinking. With the whole fake baby he wanted to make sure that Clark stays away (that's why he's told him in Hydro) and Lana actually marries him. And when the dust is settled and she's married to him, then maybe they can try for a real baby and Lana will be happy.
              It might have worked, but only if he had not tutored Lana as if he would die tomorrow. As it was it was only a matter of time until Lana would find out, so I think this was not the reason. He wanted Lana to become Mrs. Luthor, at least for a short time.

Without the baby Clark would maybe more inistent than he already is and Lana would have no reason to not jump ship (pun intended ).
              But as we saw it didn't keep them from doing it anyway.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

I REALLY, REALLY didn't like Lana in S6.
              I liked her, but only the second time around. It was interesting to watch her development.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
              One would think, though, that Chloe and lois both would tell the world that Lois had some bad lipstick that made her go off the deep end, and it affected Clark. It's not like weird stuff hasn't happened to them before. Heck, Clark and Lionel switched bodies, Lex was possessed by Zod, and Lana was possessed by a witch. The lipstick thing was a slow day in Smallville.
              But that would be a rational way to deal with Clark's secret. Nobody tells Lex anything, ever. It is just as absurd as Clark denying that there were aliens and meteor freaks when Lex mentions them in "Descent". Or that there was a Black Ship when Lana had told him about it, and he saw the landing site.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

But only in front of Lana. Because it "proves" to her that Lex is a decent guy who still looks out for his former friend (who broke up with him, not vice versa). It's just like the ond of Hypnotic where he argues in Clark's favour after he set Simone on him.
              I agree. Clark has decided to play soft-ball with Lex and Lex does now, too.
              Last edited by Freawaru; 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎