Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Broken" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exedore
    Maybe August will be back as a living puppet and they won't be using him much because he will have to be shown as an animated character.

You suggested that he's the Pleasure Island guy-turned-Monstro the whale right? Man that would be a funny scene when he's recognized a literal whale.

Since he doesn't recognize Sheppy as his prince, maybe he's not even from Fairy Tale Land. What if he's Frankenstein's monster from a steampunk world? I mean it's been speculated that he is Victor Frankenstein but I think it'd be more interesting if he is "the creature" himself.
    That's correct. It'd make sense that he wouldn't recognize Charming as his Prince, since we have no idea where Pleasure Island would be, let alone if it's even attached to Charming's part of FTL. I just feel like they've been trying to make the references pretty obvious for the most part. Mr. GOLD, Sydney GLASS, the Storybrooke versions of the dwarves keeping their quirks, Ruby wearing Red (and the name of course), Ashley being in a maid/servant position, Marco still being a crafter, and so on. Heck, after watching Graham's episode, I'm surprised it wasn't obvious that he'd be the Huntsman, since we know in the tales that the Huntsman was always the Queen's right hand man, and the Sheriff is pretty much just that to the mayor.

The only known fairy tale I can think of that even has a whale reference is the Pinocchio one. We already know the Big Bad Wolf may be null and void since Red pretty much took that role herself. We know it can't be the big bad Beast for Belle since Rumple is taking that role as well. The only choices left are the wolf for the three little pig (but there've been no references to suggest he'd be tied to that), or another known mythological character like Midas. We do know, however, that aside from being a doctor that he's a pleasure seeker in ways. When Mary Margaret was trying to move on from David, the only thing she had going on with Whale was a one night stand. For all we know, he takes pleasure in creating chaos as evidence by the angry mob at Regina's. He probably delighted in riling all of those people up against her.

Obviously, this is all just speculation right now. We won't know until nearer towards his episode, since that's when they'll really start throwing out the obvious references to help us figure out who he is.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎