No announcement yet.

RAGE and STATIC Official Re-Watch Thread, July 20th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    "Clinic," Lionel? That's a euphemism if I ever heard one.
    I think it was - for both Luthors. After all, not a season later Lex finally has found a cure and sets them free again. Why should he do that (and it must have cost him a fortune searching for a cure and finally paying Dr. Knox) if they didn't count for him as patients to be healed? It is not as if anybody was interested in their well being. Killing them once they were of no use to him any more would have been much more cheep.

And Lionel's showing PRIDE in his methods???
    Sure, that is Lionel. They one and only.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
    Lana's refusal to even consider Lex's culpability here is very annoying.
    Pay attention to whom Lana speaks. Just as Clark was not willing to consider the existence of the black ship Lana is not wiling to consider that Lex might have something to do with anything. She learned it from Clark.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

So it seems that Lana knows Lex is lying and is okay with it. She's back to wanting to "get" the meteor freaks this week...
    She always is. Just not going to tell it to everybody.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

That is a LOT of roses! Lana doesn't exactly look thrilled at his proposal.
    I admit I thought it a bit unimaginative, too. I mean, compare it to the proposal of billionare and criminal mastermind David Xanatos to Fox in Disney's "Gargoyles".

Xanatos: Marry me.

Fox: Are you serious?

Xanatos: We are genetically compatible, highly intelligent, and have the same goals. It makes perfect sense to get married.

Fox: True. But what about love?

Xanatos: I think we love each other as much as two people such as ourselves are capable of that emotion.

Xanatos gives her the Eye of Odin (powerfull magical artefact) as engagement gift ...

Last edited by Freawaru; 07-21-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Interesting Lexana scene here with Lana talking about understanding the need for something like a Level 33.1 facility. Do you think she was digging for an official admission from Lex, or was she REALLY buying into the lines he was selling?
      I think Lana had enough personal contact with meteor infected to consider that they all were a threat. Not because of their powers but because of their insanity. At this point she must have considered Clark to be a meteor infected, but while he talked willingly about meteor freaks with her he went all secretive when it came to the caves or starships. She had personally met aliens with "meteor" powers, right? I think she hoped Clark would be a human with meteor powers who didn't go insane for some reason, but also suspected him being an alien already. She has given him the stone of power because she had a hunch that it was his by right after all (remember the story about the god who hid the stones and would return one day to claim them!). When she finally sees him displaying the very same powers in the very same way as the two hostile aliens from the Black Ship she was shocked to find out that he must be one of THEM (and not of anther, more friendly species, as she must have thought until then).

Yeah, Subterranean is a real clunker on a LOT of levels,
      But we do learn a lot about 33.1. We learn that Lex still hoped that not all meteor infected are going insane. A mistake that costed many people their life. He is more careful after this and I think Chloe is probably the only meteor infected he is not kidnapping sooner or later because of it.

I also think it casts a light on Martha's true reasons for not giving Clark to the authorities as she, a law-abiding citizen, should have done. She got quite a talk to from Clark. And: the last scene outweighs everything. It is one of my favourite scenes.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
      Well, AM and FM are actually different types of delivery systems of radio wave signals. AM is Amplitude Modulation (height of wave is varied to change signal while frequency stays constant) and FM is Frequency Modulation (frequency of wave is varied to change the signal while the amplitude (height of wave) stays constant). Here's a link to simple gif that demonstrates the difference.

AM v FM
      I think the way they looked at his technobabble he simply went for the easier to understand - but still correct - answer. It was only an analogy to what he thought might have happened to Lex anyway.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Leanerlaura
      Well done doctor for destroying the samples… it’s nice to see someone in Smallville has morals…
      Yes. And it also makes it unlikely that Lex killed her. If we pay attention to whom he kills (that guy who wanted to kill Jonathan, the senator who hired a professional hit-man to kill Lana, the scientist who send Keenan to kill Lois) it is not the people with morals who are on his list.

also it’s nice that for once the drugs don’t contain Kryptonite…
      Yes. Looked like it. And it really bothers me. I mean, a substance with a typical kryptonite effect and even leading to a kind of insanity coupled with aggression and a desire to kill somebody? Sounds a lot like kryptonite to me. But it was not green. Is there colourless kryptonite?

Awesome showdown between Lex and Ollie
      I thought it completely stupid. I don't think either would have shot if they had not thought they could heal themselves with the drug.

Also, no Ollie you’re not in his league….yet…oh Justice League jokes ftw
      And we see how proud this statement made Clark.

Awww that Thanksgiving montage actually made me well up a little bit not gonna lie…also I love the contrast between the Kent and Luthor thanksgiving’s
      And considering Lexmas one can be sure that at least Lex would have preferred to be with the Kents.

----- Added 21 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Leanerlaura
      Ok that scene in 33.1 with Chloe and Lana…just…I can’t even, one minute Lana doesn’t trust Lex and then the next she refuses to believe that just maybe there might have been something to 33.1?
      Yes, makes no sense. I think she just wanted Chloe to believe that Lex was not behind it. Chloe acts in the same way to protect Clark.

And another move made in the never ending Luthor chess game of power
      Only constant training leads to perfection.

And the Lexana story moves from pregnancy to engagement in a single episode, although that is quite a nice ring, little bit too blingy but otherwise pretty nice
      But after Lana was so worried about Lex's response to the news Lex hardly had a choice.
      Last edited by Freawaru; 07-21-2012, 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Interesting Lexana scene here with Lana talking about understanding the need for something like a Level 33.1 facility. Do you think she was digging for an official admission from Lex, or was she REALLY buying into the lines he was selling?
        I think at that point in time she meant it. She only came around again after Crimson, after Lex stabbed Clark and she got the feeling again that Clark might be infected after all (see her complete reverse behaviour in Freak).

But Lana has always feared the strange and unknown. She was perfectly willing to have Clark make a false testimony against Kyle Tippet just because he "lives alone in the woods" (Hug) and she was immidately willing to side with Van McNulty and his freak-cleansing campaign in Extinction. Lana has a tendency to make a generalisation out of any given single example. When Lex showed her that he was bullet-proof like a Kryptonian she looked utterly disgusted claiming "they made you one of them" even though she only ever encountered two (granted: homicidal) aliens.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎