No announcement yet.

Linkin Park - Living Things

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkin Park - Living Things

Let me just start by saying... this new album from LP is quite easily their best work in years. Just straight up, to the point, honest tracks that overall give a shout to their earliest work with a healthy mix of more recent sounds too. Right up there with Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I eventually grew to like Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns, but Living Things is an instant-love. Here are my thoughts:

1. "Lost in the Echo": Amazing opener. Mixture of rock, techno, rap and powerful vocals from Chester that really showcases what this album is all about. One of my favourites from the album, if not my fave.

2. "In My Remains": Kind of has a What I've Done/New Divide feel to it with some techno added.

3. "Burn It Down": The lead single, and a good choice too. Starts off with a bit of techno and then belts out into some rock and later on, rap from Mike that adds to the song and fits nicely. Overall a good beat and simple, safe song to introduce people to the album.

4. "Lies Greed Misery": All I can say is DAYAM! This is some classic LP right here. Massive highlight of the album, being a classic recipe of rapped verses from Mike, sung choruses from Chester, repeat, followed by a built-up bridge and ultimately a scream of a finish.

5. "I'll Be Gone": A nice, more laid-back recovery from the high energy and aggression from the previous track.

6. "Castle of Glass": This one I really like. A nice reminder of Burning in the Skies from the previous album. Loving the beat and sound of it.

7. "Victimized": The (vocally) shortest and most aggressive track on the album at just under 2 minutes. Chester really belts out the choruses for this one. Some more classic LP here. Ending sound segues into the next track...

8. "Roads Untraveled": Another nice recovery that has a nice atmospheric feel to it reminiscent of Robot Boy from the previous album.

9. "Skin to Bone": Nothing much to say here in particular. A good song, but probably the weakest of the lot, with no notable or eventful moments. Just your ordinary vocals from Chester to a techno beat.

10. "Until It Breaks": Starts of with some techno and rap from Mike, which overall sounds a little strange in terms of rhythm. But its saved in the latter half of the song where guitarist Brad Delson contributes vocals for the first time on an LP track, which gives a crowd anthem sort of feel to close the song.

11. "Tinfoil": Shortest and 2nd last track, instrumental. Just like the first 2 albums. Provides a nice and gentle extended intro to the final track...

12. "Powerless": Probably their most heartfelt and (ironically) powerful song to date in terms of lyrics. I'd consider this the standout rock ballad of the album like Iridescent from ATS and Shadow of the Day from MTM.

Top album. Recommended for LP fans new and old, or even anyone in general looking for a great combination of music. Thoughts?

I'm not really into the new album, but then again it took me forever to get into their last album. I have all of their albums and the last one they put out I actually didn't purchase it until about two months ago. It took me forever to finally decide to buy it but it only cost 5 dollars so that's why I bought it I guess. I'm still trying to get into the songs though. None stand out at the moment for me.

Comment

There are actually 2 songs i love the most of this album and they are Lost in the Echo & Castle of glass.
      one of my fav after In the End....

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎