No announcement yet.

Lex underwater at the dam

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex underwater at the dam

I know this is a weird request, but it's been bugging me, and I don't have season 7 on DVD...when Lex is in the police car underwater, and he's yelling help, is that all he yells? Because I saw the episode a few months ago, and I got the immediate impression that the last few times...he actually called out for Clark. Which made sense in my mind, since Clark rescued him from drowning before.So, would anyone be willing to look at/lipread that scene please?

I think my Clex goggles may have made me assume that's what he said, but surely someone else would have pointed it out, right?

Above water he said "argh" a few times. Underwater he says something similar that contains "ar".

Comment

lol He did say help a few times clearly though, if I'm remembering correctly (maybe I'm not...did you watch the scene just now?)

Comment

Originally posted by Arbar
        lol He did say help a few times clearly though, if I'm remembering correctly (maybe I'm not...did you watch the scene just now?)
        Yes I did this morning (I not only have the DVDs, I have the episodes as AVI files for easier access as well ). He did say "help" between the "arghs".

Comment

Thank you! I went looking for the scene on Youtube, but gave up, so I appreciate you looking

Comment

I don't think he called for Clark with his voice but he might have called for him with his mind. I don't think it is a coincidence that another Kryptonian was there to save his life.

Comment

See, I didn't hear him say Clark' name, but when he was fully submerged, and just right before Kara comes, he mouths something twice, and I immediately lipread it as "Clark". Clearly, I have no lipreading skills

I like the idea of him calling out with his mind...it would echo the scene in the Pilot where Lex seems to sense a very faint 'help me' and from that finds Clark in the cornfield. I remember there was speculation at the time that perhaps Lex had some kind of untapped telepathy.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hope DJDoena doesn't mind, but I thought I'd pop this vid provided by him/her in the relevant thread - the moments I'm talking about are at 00:36 and 00:38.

The reason I love this little touch is that it's quite poignant - it's the same situation as the Pilot, and by now Clark has come to Lex's rescue so many times, finding him often inexplicably according to Lex's POV, that it makes a lot of sense for him to make one last desperate call for Clark...and be presented with Kara instead.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎