No announcement yet.

VENGEANCE and TOMB Official Re-Watch Thread, May 25th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wellinglover66
    ^Clark Kent was usually very reserved in showing that type of emotion or even sharing how he would feel. The way I've seen it, was that he would fight off the tears...holding them back. So, Tom played those types of scenes perfectly.

In that last scene in Vengeance, he was just so overwhelmed with emotion that he finally allowed himself to cry.
    Fair enough, WL66. I just don't think Welling is a natural crier like, say, Allison Mack, or even Erica Durance in the few scenes where she lets out the sad side of Lois.

Comment

• ^Actually, I disagree, as I thought Kristen Kreuk was the best natural crier. It seemed so second nature to her. The other two not so much.

Besides, he doesn't have to be crying for me to feel his pain. Tom would say so much with his eyes and facial expressions.
      Last edited by wellinglover66; 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I agree Welling is a master of the subtle eye and facial expression.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
          Happy birthday, LL.

And yeah, not many of us can get through the final video scene of Vengeance without a big lump in the throat. IMHO, Welling's best crying scene of the series (not something he normally does that well).
          Thanks , that scene and the end of "Ryan" from the balloon onwards are the two that always get to me, every single time

Originally posted by wellinglover66
          ^Actually, I disagree, as I thought Kristen Kreuk was the best natural crier. It seemed so second nature to her. The other two not so much.

Besides, he doesn't have to be crying for me to feel his pain. Tom would say so much with his eyes and facial expressions.
          Well she gets enough practice

Yeah usually Tom's acting is very subtle (in a good way) which is why it was so nice to see him just let go and break down, shows just how much he misses his father, it also his vulnerabilty and for once it has nothing to do with conveniently placed kryptonite

Comment

• This episode made me love Clark again (he kinda ruined it in Cyborg, but I'll take what I can get) - he was supportive, caring, put his trust in Chloe, and did everything he could. I get the feeling he learned from Shattered and Asylum. I also believed Lex wanted to help in this episode - there was no ulterior motive in this case. (Except perhaps tryng to get Clark's approval - it's a little sad how he still treats Clark as his friend while Clark stands immovable and unpersuadable.)

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎