Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Survival of the Fittest?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the finale was great. Bobby's storyline was wrapped up, and we didn't have to watch him flameout. The main plot was wrapped up, but new plots were introduced to leave the fans hanging. Remember, the finales are usually written and shot before there's an official season renewal. They write it to resolve the year long plots, but still leave something to keep fans tuned into next season. I'm sure they would write more cliffhangers if they were 100% certain there would be another season. I like where Sera and Bob have taken the show after Kripke's stoyline was wrapped up. Would the fans rather see the Demon and Angel stuff drag on year after year? I'm excited to see where Jeremy and Bob take Supernatural in season 8.

Comment

The "demon and angel stuff" will be back in full force with Crowley taking the prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        How did Crowley outsmart Eve?
        Making the boys believe that she was the real treat. Making them believe that he was dead. He never said to them why the alphas were acting, etc.

And...ghosts can't go to Purgatory. If that's the case...then John and Mary would be there.
        Crowley said that Mary was in Purgatory. Dick said to Bobby "come on lets fight like the monsters we are". I think ghost are monsters, they are not the first monsters that were once human.

The "demon and angel stuff" will be back in full force with Crowley taking the prophet.
        Not so sure about Angels. I think they are all pretty much dead. And Crowley is taking advantage of that. Now that he has the prophet maybe there are more "words from god".

Comment

Show me where Crowley said Mary was in Purgatory. And Dick's comment was said out of assumption. How was he supposed to know it was a ghost attacking him?

Comment

Originally posted by luisl
            Making the boys believe that she was the real treat. Making them believe that he was dead. He never said to them why the alphas were acting, etc.
            I don't think he had them believe she was the real threat, because she was a threat. If anything, Castiel tricked everyone moreso than Crowley. The only trick he had up his sleeve, really, was faking his death. But that was also because of Castiel.

Crowley said that Mary was in Purgatory. Dick said to Bobby "come on lets fight like the monsters we are". I think ghost are monsters, they are not the first monsters that were once human.
            Kar beat me to the punch on both. Where did Crowley say Mary was in Purgatory? Crowley only told Samuel he'd bring Mary back, but there was nothing that states Mary was in Purgatory. Plus, Crowley could have lied about Mary because Samuel has no clue that Mary stayed behind on Earth after she died and used up her spirit on that poltergeist.

Also...that was more like saying "fight me" to something invisible. I mean, should he have said "fight me like the ghost you are"? Lol.

Not so sure about Angels. I think they are all pretty much dead. And Crowley is taking advantage of that. Now that he has the prophet maybe there are more "words from god".
            There's Castiel of course, and Inias and....more angels could pop up from other garrisons.

Comment

Best finale ever!

Comment

I don't think he had them believe she was the real threat, because she was a threat. If anything, Castiel tricked everyone moreso than Crowley. The only trick he had up his sleeve, really, was faking his death. But that was also because of Castiel.
                Both Castiel and Crowley trick them in that one.

Kar beat me to the punch on both. Where did Crowley say Mary was in Purgatory? Crowley only told Samuel he'd bring Mary back, but there was nothing that states Mary was in Purgatory. Plus, Crowley could have lied about Mary because Samuel has no clue that Mary stayed behind on Earth after she died and used up her spirit on that poltergeist.
                She died as a ghost. I think that is the reason she went to Purgatory.

There's Castiel of course, and Inias and....more angels could pop up from other garrisons.
                In the civil war there were only two sides: Raphael's and Castiel's. Castiel killed all of Raphael's followers in 7.01
                And in 7.21 it was stated that there were few angels left. I think that almost all angels are dead. I don't think the remaining are a treat to Crowley, and he is going to act based on that.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

I'm saying this all the time: sorry for my bad english. Lol.

Comment

Castiel was only speaking of his garrison, not others. I doubt Castiel destroyed every single garrison beside his.

Plus....again, you assume Mary went to Purgatory...what makes you think that? We've had nothing for the past seven seasons to show us that a ghost is sent to Purgatory. If anything, they go to Heaven or Hell because they're not monsters.

Comment

I guess we're going to have to wait. We still don't know what happens when ghosts die.

Comment

I liked the episode especially, seeing Cas, sitting on the stairs when Sam and Dean said goodbye to Bobby. I think Cas knew what was going to happen to everyone if they killed Dick and that's why he didn't want to get involved. As Meg said, Cas carried bought them into the world and knows what the Leviathan look like. I'm thinking Cas must know the way out of Purgatory because he became God. So he should know how to get out. The whole idea of Purgatory could work well if it's done properly and as a whole the finale had to end with Dick dying. Crowley always has a master plan, that's why he's the Devil. When Dick, said about giving Crowley, Canada, I laughed my head off. That's when I knew Dick had no idea who he was playing with. The best bits of the show were Cas, I loved watching him play Twister and his quips about getting a cat and how he wanted to share his honey with Crowley. I've missed Cas and he was just so good in this episode. It wasn't the best season finale but it wrapped up the season better than season 6.

I give this episode 8

Comment

I thought it was better than the last season finale, but I was still underwhelmed.

Castiel sounded normal in Purgatory, so hopefully that means that he is fixed. Crazy Castiel was annoying.

I would have preferred it if Sam went to Purgatory with Dean, but I understand why the writers had Castiel go with Dean.
                        Last edited by Dexter; 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It was interesting to see purgatory, I was a little unhappy that Cas left dean after saying "we will be ripped to shreds" at least he could have taken dean with him where ever he went especially if has flown up a tree. Cas is probably safe up there, but dean is probably planning to fight his way out.

Comment

So I can't even vote in the poll yet, my feelings are so mixed right now.

To backtrack--

Ah, "The Road So Far". And "Carry On". That was a long recap this time!

The Crowley and Dick Roman confab was great. Dick offering him Canada "We need America, they're so fat" and wants Crowley to give "Frick and Frack" the wrong blood. And no kiss? Awww. Loved the superlong contract, though, and the amendments in red.

Digging up a nun's bones. Wow. (loved them going through the nun book. Cute.)

"Go ask him, he was your boyfriend first." Oh Meg!

Castiel blissed out (very 2014!Cas) and thinking about Monkeys. "They're the pirahna that would eat the whole aquaruim". Great line. Also sniggered at Cas offering the honey to Crowley.

Crowley offering the blood but is it his or not?

Bobby being taken out by pure iron (guess his vengeful nature didn't spot that?) and then slipping right back in.

Okay, Cas making sandwiches for the boys was cute but I had a moment when he talked about slaughtering the pig himself (even if he did 'comfort' it first!).

The board meeting and the reveal that the Levis are weeding out--
                            low body mass,
                            vertically challenged (crap, that's me, I'm short!),
                            hemophilia,
                            IQ>150

And did Sam just tell Dean to shut up before heading off to stop Bobby?

Who else saw Misha's Bing commercial? How sweet is that with his mention of his charity and all?

And we're back and Bobby is choking Sam and then backing away. Finally Bobby seems to be cluing into his behavior changes.

Okay, I know people seem to be mad that Dean keeps yelling at Cas but when he told him "clean up your mess", I was applauding.

And then Bobby realizes he can't stay and they burn the flask. I have to admit that I thought that he was going to end up staying (both because he was a supercharged ghost and also cause he's Bobby!) but no, gone. For some reason though that good-bye wasn't as sad or wrenching as Death's Door. Also, I guess some part of me is already wondering when we might see him again (after all, we've seen others who have gone to Heaven *cough*Ash*cough*. Or as a shapeshifter or dream sequence or who knows).

The trip to get Baby and a note of forgiveness from Dean (seriously? That's what gets Cas back into the fight?) and then Baby's back! I was totally cheering. And then it crashes (stop messing up the car, PTB!) and Meg gets out? Dean let Meg drive his car?!

The demons taking Meg (ooo, that's not good) and Sam off to save Kevin (I didn't like them splitting up like that). Then the fake out (as in 'oh Crowley did 'bone' the boys after all) and oh, it's a trick and Dick Roman is dead. And he took Dean and Cas with him (a fact that I kind of got spoiled on before the ep. so..., I knew it was coming).

Crowley taking Kevin (hmm, wonder what he wants him for?) and calling Sam "moose" (I confess, I giggled). And Sam is last man standing (all their allies are gone. The only ones I can think of that are left are Charlie and Garth.). Wow, shades of Season 3. Sam left alone after the demon girl he was working with (Ruby then, Meg now) is gone, Dean is removed (Dead then, Purgatory now), and the Big Bad taken out but still things to fight.
                            Makes me wonder where they go from here?

And Cas and Dean in Purgatory and what's up with Cas pulling a fade and leaving Dean to fend for himself? (Have to admit, that made me angry. Cas better have a really good reason for abandoning Dean like that!)

So I guess I liked it up til the last 10 minutes of so? Not sure I liked the ending though. But one thing is for sure--I'll be tuning in for the premiere in October!

One last thing: did I miss the "don't get killed" scene that was in the previews or was that taken out? (Where Sam and Dean do "don't get dead" to each other over Castiel's head?) Cause I don't remember that actually being in the aired episode but I might have missed it.
                            Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 05-21-2012, 10:39 AM. Reason: asked a question about a change from preview to ep.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎