Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you loved and thing you hated about the finale.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you loved and thing you hated about the finale.

I liked seeing Emma throwing a sword just like her father.

I absolutely hate hearing Rumple calling Charming "Deary"

I loved the overall ep. but hated that we don't know how Jefferson knew to find Belle. I hope that's a later plot point and not a plot hole.

Comment

loved the emma/dad fighting dragon scenes, absolutely hated that Rumple was not more excited to see Belle.

Comment

Yeah it seemed Rumple was fine with a gf but could have cared less. I wanna know where Baelfire has been and was hoping to see him in the finale. The episode seemed kind of anti-climatic. But I'm glad there will be a season 2. I also wanna see James' and Snow's reactions to having a daughter around their age and a grandson.

Comment

Loved that Rumple referred to the sword as "Your Father's sword".

Thought some of the dragon fight was disjointed. There's a chasm there one minute, next minute there isn't.

Loved that the Dragon looked like the dragon from Sleeping Beauty and at Fantasmic at Disneyland.

Hated that so much happened so fast - not enough time to savor things.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
            I loved the overall ep. but hated that we don't know how Jefferson knew to find Belle. I hope that's a later plot point and not a plot hole.
            Yeah, that bothered me just a bit. I doubt Regina told him both where she was and the code for the door.

Comment

Yes, while I appreciated that the story is really moving in the last two episodes, they felt really rushed especially considering all the filler during the season. I wish everything would have been planned better because it felt like the writers realized, "oh no, there's only two episodes left, and we have to set up all these things for the second season." So it definitely felt like there were a lot of plot holes, imo, because of the writers trying to cram so much in without really thinking about what groundwork they laid before that.

For instance, I loved seeing Jefferson turn on Regina, finally, but I wish I didn't have to fanwank how he knew about Belle and Rumple and where to find Belle and how to get to her.

Likewise, I know that Rumple isn't just going to be redeemed that easily, but I wish that the writers would have had some reference to Bae in the last episode in why Rump needed the potion so bad instead of it seeming like Rumple just went power mad again. I mean for me, he did go power mad, but I also think he was driven by his obsession in finding his son, but this episode didn't seem to really balance those two things out like "The Return" or "Skin Deep" did.

Comment

Originally posted by antbee
                Yes, while I appreciated that the story is really moving in the last two episodes, they felt really rushed especially considering all the filler during the season. I wish everything would have been planned better because it felt like the writers realized, "oh no, there's only two episodes left, and we have to set up all these things for the second season." So it definitely felt like there were a lot of plot holes, imo, because of the writers trying to cram so much in without really thinking about what groundwork they laid before that.

For instance, I loved seeing Jefferson turn on Regina, finally, but I wish I didn't have to fanwank how he knew about Belle and Rumple and where to find Belle and how to get to her.

Likewise, I know that Rumple isn't just going to be redeemed that easily, but I wish that the writers would have had some reference to Bae in the last episode in why Rump needed the potion so bad instead of it seeming like Rumple just went power mad again. I mean for me, he did go power mad, but I also think he was driven by his obsession in finding his son, but this episode didn't seem to really balance those two things out like "The Return" or "Skin Deep" did.
                Yeah, it made me feel like Rumple was trolling us all.

"Sure, I'll make you think I really want to find my son...but what I REALLY want is to be a backstabber that lies and uses people just so I can have my powerful magic back, trololo."

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80
                  loved the emma/dad fighting dragon scenes, absolutely hated that Rumple was not more excited to see Belle.
                  There are several factors. I think some of that was a structure problem as much as anything else. They tried to do too much in 50 mins., and the pacing really suffered. For me, the scene in the shop conveyed what I was hoping for. The rest was Rumple having a multi-layered agenda. Also, I honestly think the degree of Rumbelle love in the fandom suprised everyone, and they scrambled for a reunion at relatively the last minute.

Comment

I liked seeing the Evil Queen using her mirrors.

I hated that Sydney has not been seen in her mirrors for the last few episodes.

Comment

I loved that Emma believed so early in the ep.

I'm kinda getting tired of Snowing's "you found me"... One time is sweet, two or three times is awesome and cute, but it's like the 15th time they say that to each other... Besides, I didn't see any reason for Snow to say it to Charming after the curse broke (she was walking in the middle of the main street!).

Comment

LOVE:
                        Snow and Charming, Mary and David. Every scene between this two. EPIC
                        Emma and Charming with the dragon.
                        Every fairy tale scene.
                        Hunstman
                        Maleficient
                        Music

HATE:
                        Rumpel and Belle
                        No Charming family scenes
                        Just 45 min and not double epi
                        Regina vs Emma for Henry....boring, I hope this end in the next season. Emma, fight for your parents¡

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus
                          Yeah, that bothered me just a bit. I doubt Regina told him both where she was and the code for the door.

since NEITHER the nurse on duty or the janitor seemed surprised to see Jefferson, something makes me think the basement is where he works....just sayin'!

Originally posted by Costanza

I'm kinda getting tired of Snowing's "you found me"... One time is sweet, two or three times is awesome and cute, but it's like the 15th time they say that to each other... Besides, I didn't see any reason for Snow to say it to Charming after the curse broke (she was walking in the middle of the main street!).
                          when you've been together as a couple for a while these "little sayings" become ritualistic... hubby and I have something quite silly we say/do whenever we see each other at the end of the day. that's how I see Snow and charming's little comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80
                            loved the emma/dad fighting dragon scenes, [b]absolutely hated that Rumple was not more excited to see Belle.]/b]
                            I thought it was just me. For a guy who had just seen his one true love return for the dead, he didn't seem moved at all. He was much more excited when he thought August was Baelfire. With Belle, he was extremely cool like, "You are alive? Great. Now, let's talk business."

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Raissa
                            There are several factors. I think some of that was a structure problem as much as anything else. They tried to do too much in 50 mins., and the pacing really suffered. For me, the scene in the shop conveyed what I was hoping for. The rest was Rumple having a multi-layered agenda. Also, I honestly think the degree of Rumbelle love in the fandom suprised everyone, and they scrambled for a reunion at relatively the last minute.
                            I agree that it was rushed, but still... I don't know. Robert Carlyle is a great actor, and he is usually able to show so much in short scenes, and the Rumbelle's scenes were lacking some how. He seems so focused in Rumble's secret agenda, that he forgot to convey the emotion, shock and even anger his scenes with Belle should have. He should have been glad, sad, shocked and livid with Regina because of what she did. It was weird.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Costanza

I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me usually, and I always think it is cute, but this time it did. I mean, he didn't find her: Emma brought them together again by breaking the curse. It had nothing to do with him.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Penca
                            LOVE:
                            Snow and Charming, Mary and David. Every scene between this two. EPIC
                            Emma and Charming with the dragon.
                            Every fairy tale scene.
                            Hunstman
                            Maleficient
                            Music

HATE:
                            Rumpel and Belle
                            No Charming family scenes
                            Just 45 min and not double epi
                            Regina vs Emma for Henry....boring, I hope this end in the next season. Emma, fight for your parents¡
                            I agree with almost everything you said, except the part about Regina vs Emma for Henry. It makes sense to me that they would both love him, and considering how bitter Regina is, it makes sense that she would try to remove her "competition" so to speak. As for Emma fighting for her parents, I don't know. I mean, as far as Emma is concerned, they are her biological parents, period. They didn't raise her, she barely knows David and the friendship she built with Mary Margareth was based on her NOT knowing the truth. It makes sense to me that her focus would be the kid she learned to love, and that the curse meant nothing to her.

Now that everyone knows the truth, maybe she will be able to build a true friendship with both her parents. But still, they will never really be her parents. She might learn to love them, and I think she already does love Mary Margareth a little, but, at the very best, they will be like brother and sister to her, and never like parents.
                            Last edited by liana; 05-15-2012, 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

But her father almost die just to save her. And her mother is her best friend. I don't know, but I missed SO MUCH Charming family plot.

And for "I will always find you".......I find it so beautiful. It's their way to say I LOVE YOU, as the "As you wish" quote in The Princess Bride.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎