Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark's face is so heartfelt, he's just numb to the horrible pain

Comment

• Originally posted by MannaBanana
      Its weird, I never seem to cry in this scene or ep, but the ending of the next ep "Vengeance" I cry like a baby everytime
      I cry with that scene too!! Man, I'm feeling nostalgic!

*sniffling* See you all next friday!!

Comment

• Nite Bananas!!

Comment

• Love it or hate it, Reckoning was still a powerful ep. Thanks for joining us folks.

See you all next week for Vengeance and Tomb.

Comment

• Nite everybody!!

Comment

• beautiful closing scene!

I'm just glad that is not the last time we see JK

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                This episodes makes me so mad, upset and sad and I blame LANA!!!
                I am one of the biggest Lana haters around and I don't blame her for Reckoning. The rightful blame should go to the producers and writers. It's TPTB who set up this storyline that Clark screwing up in Arrival would lead to somebody dieing, it's TPTB who felt doing a time reversal would be a great dramatic idea and it's TPTB who thought that this episode would be a great leading to Clark moping in his barn for a year and a half.

It always bugged me that the time reversal felt like a cheap way for the producers to give Clana fans that nice youtube moment, knowing full well time would be reversed and the scene gets wiped out in terms of normal storyline where Clana is going to go down the crapper. The was absolutely no logical reason why Clark would tell Lana the secret AND propose at the exact same time, maybe it would be smart to split the 2 things up, but hey time is going to get reversed so it's like they went full out. If they were going to kill Jonathon they should have at least had the decency to spend the entire 42 minutes of the episode focusing on him

Originally posted by Ankhara
                Grinning Clark talking with Lois while she's being hauled to the ambulance.
                One thing about Lois almost dieing, it rather silly to think that over the coarse of the day of an election, nobody would not see or try to talk to the campaign manager, even more so when the rally was held just below her apartment. Yet another thing in this episode that made absolutely no sense but was written to try make the episode feel "big"
                Last edited by Supsfan; 05-18-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Finally got a chance to sit down and watch!

Nice opening scene in the barn. Love this song, but the "I'll never be with you" line was prophetic, wasn't it?

"Because I'm terrified" - and more than a little desperate, I think.

Night MrsK!!
                  Clark and Lana at the caves, and Clark tells her that he feels he's losing her.
                  Never a good idea to propose just to keep from losing someone - it isn't going to make the underlying problems go away - nor will revealing his secret (as we see in S7...)

Originally posted by Karafan1
                  So Clark didn't have to clear this with Jor-El like he did with Lois??
                  He didn't exactly have a good relationship with Jor-El or any understanding if Kryptonian tradition at this point, since he has not started his training

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                  I hate that he used the coal trick on Lana and not Lois
                  Made me think of Superman 3 right away..
                  Me, too!

Originally posted by skully
                  'I'm always gonna need you, Dad"
                  So sad and SO true! I knew I missed Jonathan's presence on the show from here out, but I didn't realize how much until we saw him again in S10!

Some really maturity from Lois to Lana here. reminded me of the Pariah moment when Lois gave Chloe advice after she saw him use his powers.
                  Lois always comes through in situations like this, doesn't she? As a Cloiser, much as I don't love to see her pushing Lana and Clark together, I love the way she shows such great understanding, and I love the way she is able to give advice without demanding all the details.

I love seeing them so happy - sad how short-lived it is.

"Wow, that one wasn't on the Doppler. Not even a blip."
                  Seems like it should have been...

I get that Lana is trying to be a good friend, but with all the problems between Clark and Lex, I think that going to Lex was an awful move on her part.
                  Geez Lana running away to Lex the first chance you get!
                  Just like she always ran to Clark when she was dating Whitney. Definitely not her best moment. Sure, Lex is her friend, but she had JUST gotten engaged to Clark; would make sense to stay there with him on such an important occasion!

Love these repeated scenes at the mansion.
                  They are very well done. Love they way they keep certain events (like Lex throwing the glass into the fire) the same, with completely different dialog.

Lex turns on Lana so quickly here.
                  He sure does - like she was cheating on him. Never ends well when you complain to one guy about another...

"He knows" Wow Lana you kept that secret long! Its a record
                  Hehe! Lana wasn't a very good liar/didn't have much of a poker face at this point - sure changed by this time next season! Clark's reaction to that revelation is nice, though. He is more concerned about her than his secret.

I dont care how much I hate Lana most of the time, this scene makes me teary when Clark is holding he dead body and screaming
                  I agree. It isn't about Lana; it's about Clark and the loss he feels. TW did a great job with that scene.

The look on Lex's face when Clark shows up is priceless..
                  He goes from devastated at what has happened to Lana (thanks to his chasing her) to total amazement. Very nice job by MR. And wouldn't the implications have been interesting if Lex had not "unseen" that?

I know that it is in character for Clark to react emotionally when Lana died and ignore Jor-El's warning to think through what he was doing before he reset everything. Still, it was tough to watch - especially knowing what will come of it.

I find the 2nd loft scene between Clark and Lana to be the hardest to watch in this episode - way worse than even Jonathan's death! I hate the way Clark chose to handle this situation.

I still dont understand Clarks choice here. He knows when and where to save her
                  Clark didn't learn the lesson. He still could have told her, and protect her. Even with Chloe, Lana goes away to Lex.
                  I don't, either. I guess he just reverted to his ingrained "keep the secret" position. I never really got this "knowing the secret = danger" mindset that he used to avoid telling her his secret on so many occasions. Not that it made any difference. It does seem that he could just tell her and make sure she didn't leave the party. Pushing her away, actually giving her a reason not to stay at the party, and leaving it up to Chloe does not seem like the best plan to me.

Chloe THIS was when you werent suppose to leave her side. Come on women!
                  That seemed very out of character for Chloe. She would have done everything in her power to keep Lana safe; no way she would have turned her back or not noticed thaat Lana had gone.

Way to go Calr for noticing that Lois wasn't where she was supposed to be and saving her!

Jonathan looks PISSED at Lana here. Giving her the stink eye
                  Wondering what she was doing wiht Lex instead of her fiance...

I'm guessing the pic is a screen shot of Clark saving Lana from the exploding warehouse???
                  It could be the warehouse 15 photo, but it could also be the Griff photo we never found out what was on.
                  I always thought it was the Griff photo. Wish they would have shown it!

Wouldn't he rip the bumper off the bus????
                  Guess he had enough control over his powers not to.

This heart attack scene gets me every time. Love that Jonathan died in teh arms of his family. I remember hearing JS say they also filmed him saying some last words - a final "I love you; this is not your fault" to Clark.

I love the scene with Martha and Clark getting ready for the funeral. So touching - him hooking her necklace in a nice callback to Jonathan doing the same, and her putting aside her own grief to convince him that Jonathan's death was not his fault. It's a very nice mother-son moment.

Very powerful and sad funeral scene. [lump in throat]
                  Their funerals always say so much without saying a word. Very nicely done Smallville
                  The funeral + "I grieve" = Crying right now, even after all this time...
                  Smallville has always done funerals well. This one was such a tear-jerker,. Clark looks so lost.

Its weird, I never seem to cry in this scene or ep, but the ending of the next ep "Vengeance" I cry like a baby everytime
                  They both get me! But the Vengeance scene is the more moving of the two, seeing Clark finally break down... One of my favoritw scenes in the entire show!

Love it or hate it, Reckoning was still a powerful ep. Thanks for joining us folks.
                  It was certainly powerful, and it had repercussions that lasted through the remaining 5 seasons. It's not one I like to watch again and again, mostly because I just don't understand Clark's decision to hide the truth from Lana the 2nd time around. Still there are some amazing moments.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Supsfan
                  I am one of the biggest Lana haters around and I don't blame her for Reckoning. The rightful blame should go to the producers and writers. It's TPTB who set up this storyline that Clark screwing up in Arrival would lead to somebody dieing, it's TPTB who felt doing a time reversal would be a great dramatic idea and it's TPTB who thought that this episode would be a great leading to Clark moping in his barn for a year and a half.
                  I don't blame Lana, either -although I do disagree with her decision to go see Lex when she did. And while I didn't love the way they set Clark up to feel guilty no matter who died, I didn't entirely object to Jonathan's death. I just wish they had used it to better effect - to spur growth in Clark, not to hold him back for the next 2 seasons!

Originally posted by Supsfan
                  One thing about Lois almost dieing, it rather silly to think that over the coarse of the day of an election, nobody would not see or try to talk to the campaign manager, even more so when the rally was held just below her apartment.
                  Good point.
                  Last edited by MrsK; 05-20-2012, 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
                    I don't blame Lana, either -although I do disagree with her decision to go see Lex when she did
                    *sarcastic* but how can the show create drama if the characters did what was logical.

Originally posted by MrsK
                    And while I didn't love the way they set Clark up to feel guilty no matter who died, I didn't entirely object to Jonathan's death. I just wish they had used it to better effect - to spur growth in Clark, not to hold him back for the next 2 seasons
                    I have no problems with Jonathon dieing but have him die in a car crash, or by natural causes, don't tie his death to Clark screwing up and their is a balance of nature that needs to kill somebody in Clark's place(although I guess one may argue the the wheels were set in motion when in Exile Jonathon stupidly makes a deal with Jor-El, when he easily could have grabbed a piece of green K and hunted Clark down). To this day I wish the show never introduced Jor-El or the FOS till the final episode of the series. I think it would have been a nice way to end it and we would have avoided a character I disliked for the most part during the entire run of the series(most my least favorite episodes have some tie in to Jor-El/FOS).

Comment

• Not much to add, except that in "Reckoning" I loved Lana for going to Lex when he really needed someone. Lex always was there for his friends when they needed him. I think it would have been not only socially correct but compassionate if Clark had joined Lana and both had gone to Lex at this time, but I can understand that with the Naman/Sageeth prophesy Clark is so confused he does not know how to deal with Lex on his own. And his parents never were a help when it came to compassion or even just correct social behaviour, so I don't blame him for this but his parents. I also think Chloe should have joined Lana (best with Clark, all three going to Lex) as she really has no reason to stay away from him and he had always been almost more brother than friend to her - but I guess she is just as mentally bogged about Clark as Clark is about Lana and even with all her intelligence she can't think straight at times. So, all in all, for me in this episode Lana is actually the only one who is "good" because she acts out of compassion, while all the others are just selfish and acting in an evil way.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎