Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ringer Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's why they are starting their fall shows in October now instead of September this year, to help cut down on the breaks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/upfronts-2012-cw-president-talks-326168

He also addressed his decision to cancel the Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle Ringer, saying the show's serialized format did not help it hold its audience during reruns. He said Gellar, the beloved star of iconic series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, understood the decision and that the exec is committed to getting her back on The CW in some way, if not in a different series then as a producer. And he admitted that’s he’s still being inundated with e-mails from angry Gellar fans. “She will be back on The CW in some form,” he vowed.

I would LOVE to see SMG back on another show! I hope it works out.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that too about the CW shows coming back in October this fall. And when I saw Mark's words about the break I wondered if that didn't influence his decision.

Oh, thanks for the link/quote, Sugar! Good to know SMG is still in talks. I'm guessing if she does come back it will be after the baby, though. Unless she does step up as a producer of something. I can see them doing that and using the SMG 'name' to promote a show.

Comment

I agree with Mark...I think most shows benefit from the LOST or 24 treatment where they run from beginning to end without a break...I personally hate these breaks.

[edit] I personally couldn't get enough of Ringer.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Pedowitz said the exact same thing about Tom Welling last year, and we never saw him on The CW again.

Comment

I propose a "Stargirl" series...Britt Robertson as Courtney Whitmore, Tom Welling as Pat Dugan, Kristoffer Polaha as Sylvester Pemberton and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Merry Pemberton. Oh! Thomas Dekker as Klarion!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
              Pedowitz said the exact same thing about Tom Welling last year, and we never saw him on The CW again.
              Did he? I didn't know that! Huh, the things you miss...
              I know Welling was producer of Hellcats but that was canceled before Mark Pedowitz took over, wasn't it?

Comment

And to this day,still no SMG on another CW show, lol

Though she found something with CBS.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍