Elena/ Damon/Stefan

Vamp-Elena and the brothers

How will Elena`s transformation affect her relationships with Stefan and Damon?

And how will it affect the relationship between Damon and Stefan?
    In one of the last episodes of season 3 Stefan and Damon made a pact that after Elena had choosen, the other brother is going to leave town until Elena`s death. But now Elena will live forever as well. How will they manage to stay brothers?

And which part of Elena`s personality will be heightened? I hope it will be something exciting and not just something like compassion or etc.

In the books Elena gets kidnapped for a whole book and gets killed but returns as an angel if I remember right. Now when Elena becomes a vampire she'll remember everything Damon has compelled her to forget, so Elena will remember the first time they met, which we saw the first time in the finale, and when Damon told her that he loved her and cried in the bathroom. so things will start to turn to Damon's side, I hope...

I don't think Elena as a vampire will stick...hoping they write their way out of that hot garbage...I haven't read the books...but based on watching the show...Elena becoming a vampire is the beginning of the end...at least for me.

[edit] Seriously...the moment Elena stops being "human/mortal" I am done...this is the special thing that makes the series work...I know being a doppelgänger makes her supernatural in a sense...but she is human...I of course am going by what I have seen on the show...again...haven't read the books.
    Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 05-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.

PZ admiring the BAMF that is Oliver Queen
    Like the books I think Vamp Elena will feel the pull towards Damon more but UNLike the books I hope he tells her where to go, if he's not good enough when she's human then.......

urgh I just want Damon to have a love interest I can actually root for, one that doesn't love his brother, one that Damon falls for, he's all about hate sex, compelled sex, enough already

I am hoping for a Damon/Meredith romance.

Oh god no not for me not as a book reader

Seriously...the moment Elena stops being "human/mortal" I am done...this is the special thing that makes the series work...I know being a doppelgänger makes her supernatural in a sense...but she is human...
    I think you are right. I`ve also never read the books and think that Elena being human is what makes the show work. Now, with Vamp-Elena, the whole dynamic of the show will have to change and I`m very very excited in which direction the show will go. But I definitely want to see Elena as a vampire. And more than anyhing else I want her to enjoy the feeling of new power and not grieving for her lost humanity or to be worried about hurting somebody. And for that she definitely needs to be with DAMON and not with the always worrying Stefan who is probably feeling sorry for not pulling Elena out of the car on time.
    So I want that the vampire transformation heightens her passion and that she is falling for Damon instead of always playing on the safe side with Stefan.

Probably they will find a miraculous way to stop the transformation or to turn her back after a few episodes. I wanna see Elena as a vampire for at least a whole season and then they may turn her back but this experience will change her forever in one or another way.

urgh I just want Damon to have a love interest I can actually root for
    Oh No! If Damon had now a serious love interest in somebody else it would be a proof that D & E`s relationship isn`t as passinate as they want us to believe and that would ruin the show IMO. Damon should concentrate on Elena now and help her enjoying her first experiences as a vampire.

Forum Regular
    My question: What's going to be the main things going on in the show?
    It was everyone trying to kill the originals, then Klaus, then Alaric.
    Do you think the show will be mainly about her changing and the change with the guys? Or what?
    What other big thing could the show be about?

I guess it will be all about finding a way to turn Elena back into a human. ( I`m no book reader so I´m just speculating)

Either this will be the main plot with a couple of subplot ( like Klaus in Tyler`s body and the founders council chasing after vampires) or turning Elena back will be the ongoing subplot and the writers will introduce a completely new threat to us.

I hope they will mainly focus on the development of the trinagle relationship betwenn D&E&St without having Elena almost killed in every episode.

I hope thats not the main focus, Caroline didn't get that treatment when she was forced to become a vamp so I don't want Elena to get the special treatment Urgh

Posting Pro
    I read and interview with Plec where she answered abt Elena´s transition... The interviewer asked Plec if they´d handle the whole Elena transition the same nice way the did with Caroline (the interviewer siad they did a really beautiful job w/ Caroline) and Plec replied they´va chosen a more different and complex way with Elena. I´m guessing it will happen just like the books, meanning Elena turns and then comes back to human form OR Elena won´t complete the transition coz she´s the doppleganger and somehow this will influence to stop the transition. BTW I think that´s when Kathereine will be back and she´ll be the answer to "save" Elena from becoming a vamp and so kat will have to die (really). Maybe two dopplegangers can´t be vampires... who knpws?

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I hope thats not the main focus, Caroline didn't get that treatment when she was forced to become a vamp so I don't want Elena to get the special treatment Urgh
    Possibly the authors will play the "doppleganger-card" so that there is a way to turn Elena back into a human but nobody else. I hope Kat comes back and freaks out about Elena being a vampire and then she maybe will help them finding a way to turn Elena back `cause she hates the idea of "sharing" D&St forever

I don't know how being a vampire will affect her relationships with them (besides creating more tension - sexual and otherwise), but I do know I want her to choose Stefan in the end.

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    How would that tip the balance of nature and power in the world if it suddenly came out that there's a "cure" for vampires? A very powerful weapon in the wrong hands

I for one have always preferred Elena choose and end up with Damon.

mod edit

As for drawing comparisons between the television show and books. From the beginning it has not followed exactly. For one in the books Elena is a blonde, and Caroline is dark hair and never a vampire either. As she is nothing more then a side character in the books. There is no Jeremy as Elena in the books has a baby sister. In the books she switches back and forth between the two brothers as she is in love with them both and they love her. The Doctor Meredith is actually also a high school age character in the books and quite prominent friend of Elena. While Bonnie is redheaded shy witch in the books. In the end I am enjoying the take and story lines of the show writers then how the books went.

I for one love the idea of her becoming a vampire. I agree with Damon comment she has never been more alive. As for her humanity and what it brought to the show. She never has been just normal as in being a doppleganger. In this regards, I love how the show has set Mat into the role as the human and humanity. It is quite refreshing as the show and characters evolve.

Finally I hope she remains a vampire as the show progresses into what would be hers and the others college years. The love triangle I foresee will continue. Through I wonder when or how the show writers will bring the two brothers to realize that she needs both of them for she loves both of the Salvatore brothers.
    Last edited by Sugar; 12-01-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: please don't discuss other fans