Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to bed! See everyone next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
      Anyone else think it is odd that Clark is so surprised that Lana has been studying the meteor showers? After Lana has expressed interest in astronomy and Chloe told him she was looking into them?
      Yea I never understood his shock here

Comment

• "I freak out, I screw up, and I blame everything on you, and you forgive me. No questions asked." "Maybe that's because it's not all your fault." Understatement of the century. Both are responsible for their relationship.
        Aaaand...Martha makes a deal with Lionel.

Well, it was a good rewatch. See you (hopefully) next friday for Lockdown and Reckoning!!
        Last edited by Ankhara; 05-11-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• have a great weekend guys! see you next week

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
            CHLOE! CLARK! CHLAAAAAARK!!!!!!! I have heard people say that they don't seem romantic in this scene -- that there's no evidence that they're together. I say that's totally bogus. Come on -- they're shopping for a Christmas tree together, they know exactly what's going on with each other, they're walking with their arms around each other's backs at the end of the scene... They ARE an item, and I LOOOOOOOVE it. There are other things being said and done in this scene, but I don't particularly care, because... well, it's beautiful, sweet, awesome A.U. ROMANTIC CHLARK. And if anyone else says it isn't, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and saying, "Nyaah, nyaah, I can't hear you!!!"
            The scene is rather ambiguous, there is nothing say that they are a couple. For all we know maybe they said they would meet up with Lex. That being said if they are a couple it was a rather dickish comment Clark makes later in the episode:

Lex: What held you back, Clark? I mean, I know you love her -- loved her. (this is in reference to Lana)
            Clark: I don't know. I guess I just wasn't ready, Lex. Maybe I never will be.

I would hate to be Chloe if she was his gf and that is how he currently feels about being in love or his relationship status in general. Given the scene in questions I say well maybe they are, maybe they aren't there is no proof leaning either way, coupled with the quote I just gave you, I come to the conclusion that either they are not dating or Clark is one enormous prick(and I rather go with the not dating option)

Originally posted by MrsK
            Nice Clana in this ep. No angst.
            I think that's because they only had like 30 seconds of screentime together. Let's just feel lucky Lana didn't have anytime to get him up to the loft during the episode. lol

As for the episodes, I think I already had my say on Lexmas(ie that only Smallville can make Xmas depressing) but I actually didn't mind Fanatic. I thought the A-plot was entertaining for what it was(basically as nice simple story where Clark looks good), but the b-plot(Clana) dragged it down slightly. The Lex stalker I thought was great, and to this day I wonder how much she got paid to cut her hair. In terms of unintentionally funny(although maybe it was ment to be funny) I always get a chuckle out of the Clark/Chloe sex chat about Lana(it's like if it wasn't clear enough Chlark wasn't happening, I think Chloe being in her own words Clark's "krypto hag" sealed it). It's scenes like that though I thought the show should have kept Pete as sidekick over Chloe, I basically think sex chats about Lana(or just discussions about Clark's love life in general which only get worse throughout the season) would work much better with a male character. My only real negative of the episode and it isn't a huge one would be the last loft scene plus one or 2 scenes during the episode that built to it. In terms of the history of the show it's not even close to the worst Clana loft scene to close out an episode but it just had to much of a tie in to the plot that was coming up in a couple episodes(ie my pick for the 3rd worst episode of the series Reckoning), I much rather had the scene just tie up the episode in general to make it more stand alone. Overall though I think Fanatic is probably one of the better S5 episodes(although that being said while I rank it my 3rd favorite episode of S5, I am not sure it would even crack my top 100 episodes of the series). Fanatic is one of those episodes I would refer to as a fast forward episode(basically fast forward through parts I don't care for(generally any scene involving Lana) and the episode becomes much better)
            Last edited by Supsfan; 05-12-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
              Well, this is Lex's dream-alternate-universe, after all. And again, Lillian, can't you at least be a LITTLE more conversational and actually TELL Lex more of what you're wanting him to do, and what he can expect?! As far as a "guide" character goes, she doesn't really do much to steer Lex, does she? Regardless of what an awesome actress she is in the role, of course.
              Another reason why I think she was not some kind of spirit/angel who tried to warn Lex.

This is not a realistic future at all. We know that Lana would never be satisfied with such a life. I mean, Lana always wanted to leave Smallville, see the world, become someone, she is not only pretty, she is also intelligent, an artist and very ambitious, and suddenly she should happily confine herself like that? Our Lana, who always wanted the most powerfull guy around, first Whitney (rich parents, quarterback, wanting to leave Smallville). Only when Clark saved a billionare's son she became interested in him, happily observing how close Clark and Lex grew and how easily Clark could make Lex do something (like this football game with the Metropolis team Lex organized for Whitney's father). When Clark didn't seem to want her any more she moved on to, surprise, surprise, Jason Teague, another billionare's son. And ditched him without any bad conscience again when Clark made his regained interest known to her. Nothing we see in Lexmas fits to the Lana as we have seen her in the previous seasons, not to mention how she will turn out to be in the later ones.

And, Lex has a scar after several years? Lex never has scars, even letal poison is healed somehow.

This is a nice scene between Clark and Lex showcasing how great their friendship always was, and could have been if they'd kept it going.
              It seems to me that both always wanted to keep it but somehow it didn't work. Likely, because of that Naman-Sageeth prophesy.

BABY!!! Awww... Lex looks like he's thrilled to be thrust in the role of father by this point. I love how innocent, amazed, and just overjoyed he appears in this moment.
              My favorite is the scene where he tries to wrestle the seat into the car: realistic.

Too bad it's not to last... This part is so tragic and horrible. Why couldn't Lillian Luthor have given her son a COMPLETELY happy-ever-after dream?

Because then Lex might not have realized what he was about to give up. As I wrote elsewhere in this episode Lex basically faces the same choice as Superman in Superman 2. In Superman 2 Superman gives up his powers so he can live happily with Lois. But then Zod threatens the world. Superman could have choosen to not return to the Fortress and not recieve his powers back, he could have choosen to live a normal life with Lois, and let Zod rule (and maybe destroy) the world. In season five SV-Lex has a similar situation at hand, meteor freaks and really powerfull extra-terrestrians - both threats that could destroy the world - and he knows that he has the power and fate to do something against them. I think, when Lana died he realized not only that he could have saved her but also that he could save humankind from the two lethal dangers they were facing at this time. IMO, Lex made the right choice, he choose responsibility over personal happyness.

What did she think this was going to do, anyway?!
              To me the whole vision looks like some kind of test because it projected everything Lex ever wanted for himself. And as the only one I know in the series who has an interest in Lex not giving up his powers and who also has the means to accomplish such a vision is Jor El, I believe it was him.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
              I agree with Lex. Lillian's insistence that Lex choose the path in which his wife dies is odd.
              Yes. Being liked and considered "good" by everybody isn't everything, right? Maybe love is more important than being loved.

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
              Lex's anger at Lionel struck me as a little odd. Lionel took the chance and Lex came through.
              Well, it is only, what? five episodes until "Cyborg". Lex knew there would have been options for him - as long as he survived.

And likely, he didn't want Lionel think he could do whatever he wanted to him any more.

----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
              Power and money - the secret to happily ever after? Wrong, Lex.
              After his indeciciveness at their last meeting he had to say something. And you don't expect Lex to tell that guy his true inner motives, do you?

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MannaBanana
              Im still dieing to know what Griff is holding here. Lionel is truely shocked
              Likely, something like Clark building a fence on the farm. I could really use him for my garden, too.

It would have been really interesting if Lex had gotten that photo ...

----- Added 39 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MannaBanana
              "Your Losing your edge Lex"
              "And youve clearly gone over it"

That line always gives me chills

Oh and "I would never hurt the Kents" Um you just hired Griff to do JUST that!
              No, he hired Griff to get evidence he could blackmail Jonathan with. Not nice, but not exactly the same as trying to kill him, if you ask me. Also, blackmail is a daily bread for a politician, if Jonathan couldn't deal with it he was simply not fit for that position. As we see later, it is only due to Lionel that as fresh senator Martha was able to actually do something.

----- Added 44 Minutes later -----

Have a great week, everybody.
              Last edited by Freawaru; 05-13-2012, 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Seems I missed out last week... but here are my banners anyway:

Comment

• Better late than never!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡