Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabriel back from the dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At ComicCon I got the very strong feeling that they ARE bringing back Gabriel and/or the Trickster. All the panel seemed to be on board with that. It was a question by an audience member asking who they would like to see coming back from the dead and everybody chimed in very quickly almost at the same time about Gabriel. Maybe because Richard was in the audience, but Gabriel is the archangel protector of the prophet. Makes sense to me. LOVE Gabriel....

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      if we know anything, Gabriel took in the guise of Loki, so what if Richard returns just as Loki? We have no indication of Gabriel killing Loki.
      This seems to be a popular theory of how Richard can come back. We don't know what happened to Loki/the Trickster. Did Gabriel kill him when he took his place? Just put him in a box (or Purgatory) somewhere? Does Loki not even know someone has been impersonating him? They could very much bring Richard back as the Trickster (and at the SDCC panel when the panel was asked who they would want to bring back several of them said Richard and that got a huge round of applause) would be very plausible.

I'd actually like to see it, I think it could be very interesting (what did happen to all the Pagan Gods that weren't killed by Lucifer, after all?) and give the boys some powerful allies in the upcoming season.

Plus, imagine the ways it could be played for a laugh. "Gabriel, you're back!" "No, I'm Loki." "Oh, okay, you're Loki. Gotcha."

Comment

You're assuming Loki existed in the first place. It's very possible in the Supernatural world that the idea/conception of Loki has *always* been Gabriel; he has been around for a long time afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          This seems to be a popular theory of how Richard can come back. We don't know what happened to Loki/the Trickster. Did Gabriel kill him when he took his place? Just put him in a box (or Purgatory) somewhere? Does Loki not even know someone has been impersonating him? They could very much bring Richard back as the Trickster (and at the SDCC panel when the panel was asked who they would want to bring back several of them said Richard and that got a huge round of applause) would be very plausible.

I'd actually like to see it, I think it could be very interesting (what did happen to all the Pagan Gods that weren't killed by Lucifer, after all?) and give the boys some powerful allies in the upcoming season.

Plus, imagine the ways it could be played for a laugh. "Gabriel, you're back!" "No, I'm Loki." "Oh, okay, you're Loki. Gotcha."
          Exactly. Sam and Dean thinking Gabriel is back and Loki could just play with this idea while messing up with a case the boys are working on or something like that.

Originally posted by Sotaris
          You're assuming Loki existed in the first place. It's very possible in the Supernatural world that the idea/conception of Loki has *always* been Gabriel; he has been around for a long time afterall.
          Assuming or not, it would be a brilliant idea to bring back the actor without having to bring back the actual archangel since there's no reason for it, imo.

Comment

Yes, this idea has also been bandied about by fans but how would Gabriel have known to take on a form of a Pagan God named Loki if none had existed before him? I mean, he could have just come up with that on his own, I guess, but it makes more sense that there really was a Loki in the first place. And we did see other Asguardian Gods (I believe) at the gathering of Pagan Gods, which leads me to believe that Loki did exist.

Exactly. Sam and Dean thinking Gabriel is back and Loki could just play with this idea while messing up with a case the boys are working on or something like that.
            That would be very cool. And I could very much see that happened, as well.

Comment

By God, yes, but....Castiel wasn't resurrected years after his death.

If Gabriel is resurrected by God four years later after he died...that would just seem silly.
              Or,Gabriel could have bin resurrected by God,but,never met up with the Winchesters for sum reason

Comment

This is what i thought that gabriel was just masquerading as loki a trickster god he invented to fool the humans n to hide himself

Comment

In the first episode where we see the Trickster, it is mentioned that that he is also known by Loki, a demigod. When the Trickster is killed in the theater, we seen him staring at his dead body, which then they both disappear. I haven't gotten as far as the other eps where Trickster/Loki/Gabriel appear in (I'm rewatching the series...again!) but it's obvious that this triple-character keeps coming back. How can we know for sure, other than him saying "if you are watching this I must be dead" line in the video that it was actually taped BEFORE he died? We are dealing with a Trickster you know....

I think any way the writers come up with Gabriel reappearing is fine by me. There is enough question about who and what he is to make it easy to explain. Gabriel is also tied in with the lore of Metatron. The Word of God is the story line this season....makes sense to me.

Comment

Lucifer killed Gabriel. He is dead. He had a great sendoff. I sincerely hope that they don't bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
                      Lucifer killed Gabriel. He is dead. He had a great sendoff. I sincerely hope that they don't bring him back.
                      Indeed. I hope the new characters are as memorable as he was.

Comment

There's simply no reason for Gabriel to return, BUT....I still have my fingers crossed for the real Loki to show up.

Comment

I don't doubt that they will bring him back at some point, but they really shouldn't.

Hasn't stopped them with other characters though.

Comment

Re: Gabriel back from the dead?

I would LOVE it if they brought him back. A way I think they could pull it off is the Angel Tablet, think about it, if it has everything on angels, then it is possible that they will use it to bring back Gabriel? I sure hope so I miss him and his Trickster ways!

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
                              It would seem silly. And I can't imagine them coming up with any scenario where resurrecting Gabriel doesn't seem silly. If Gabriel returns it feels like they're only doing it because of how popular the character and Richard Speight Jr. are among the fans not because they have come up with some cool/great story that requires Gabriel to return. Like I said before I thought he had a great sendoff, he went down fighting and the Casa Erotica - thing was awesome, haha.

I suppose the only way it could work is if he's in a time-travel episode, where the Winchesters go back in time and run into him or something like that, but haven't we had enough episodes set in the past already?
                              I think that if they find the Angel tablet that we recently found out about? There could be a spell in there to bring Gabriel back? That would be most logical in my opinion.

Comment

Why would they need to resurrect Gabriel?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎