Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gabriel back from the dead?

Apparently Richard said that there is a "huge chance of Gabriel coming back" at the RioCon. This of course doesn't confirm that Gabriel will appear in Season 8 but if he does, what do you guys think about that? Personally, while I really like the character, I thought he had a great sendoff in "Hammer of the Gods". And how the hell are they gonna explain it? Maybe it will have something to do with the Word of God considering that Gabriel is a messenger of God and connected to his word. Or... let the speculation begin.

Okay, that would be jumping the shark. We have had no indication since season four that angels, after being killed, still have a chance to show up once more. Their deaths should be the "end" for them, much as demons when killed by the Colt or Ruby's knife or even by Sam's demonic powers.

I wouldn't be a fan of the idea.

Cas has been resurrected a lot of times after being killed.

By God, yes, but....Castiel wasn't resurrected years after his death.

If Gabriel is resurrected by God four years later after he died...that would just seem silly.

New In Town
    The only way I see this being pulled off is if they go for the "JK, GUYS! I USED TWO ILLUSIONS! I'VE REALLY BEEN IN HIDING SINCE LUCIFER KILLED THE SECOND ONE!" approach. That's pushing it, considering his death looked real enough (e.g. the outline of his wings showing up on the ground). I love Gabriel, though, so I'd love to see him back. I just don't see how they can make it convincing/not bad since we haven't seen him in a while. Then again, it's been done before. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    If Gabriel is resurrected by God four years later after he died...that would just seem silly.
    It would seem silly. And I can't imagine them coming up with any scenario where resurrecting Gabriel doesn't seem silly. If Gabriel returns it feels like they're only doing it because of how popular the character and Richard Speight Jr. are among the fans not because they have come up with some cool/great story that requires Gabriel to return. Like I said before I thought he had a great sendoff, he went down fighting and the Casa Erotica - thing was awesome, haha.

I suppose the only way it could work is if he's in a time-travel episode, where the Winchesters go back in time and run into him or something like that, but haven't we had enough episodes set in the past already?

I don't think it's going to happen. But the SPN crew can pull it off if they want to.

I read some tweets from the RioCon about Jim Michaels' panel on the second day that says that the TRICKSTER may return next season, not specifically Gabriel...if we know anything, Gabriel took in the guise of Loki, so what if Richard returns just as Loki? We have no indication of Gabriel killing Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    I read some tweets from the RioCon about Jim Michaels' panel on the second day that says that the TRICKSTER may return next season, not specifically Gabriel...if we know anything, Gabriel took in the guise of Loki, so what if Richard returns just as Loki? We have no indication of Gabriel killing Loki.
    It could be right. And maybe if they do this we're going to have more pagan gods..

But Gabriel is integral to the story of Metatron and the Word of God....plus Prophet Kevin needs his archangel protector....

I'd rather Michael be used since he's still alive and all.

Actually...this could finally bring some closure to Michael and even Adam if there needs to be a prophet to protect Kevin. Say the Leviathans live on pass the season finale and Metatron enters the series to rescue Michael because Kevin needs protection that regular angels can't measure up to.
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Settling In
    Having Gabriel return to the show would be awesome. We need another angel who actually gives a damn about humaity, sincne Cas has gone all buddhist monk on us.

New In Town
    More than likely he will be resurrected to be Kevin's Archangel protector, and/or because the angels are literally almost extinct. They probably need an archangel to set things in heaven right, and Gabriel was the only one who proved his love for humans. Even Micheal and Raphael didn't seem to give two craps about humans like they were supposed to. I personally will be thrilled if Gabriel comes back 'cause I love him, and they could go so far with his character.

Big Fan
    It would be cool if all (most) of the ganked angels were roasting s'mores
    in purgatory and some escaped along with Dean and Cas.

New In Town

Wink Yes! He should be back

Quote Originally Posted by The Magnificent One View Post
    Apparently Richard said that there is a "huge chance of Gabriel coming back" at the RioCon. This of course doesn't confirm that Gabriel will appear in Season 8 but if he does, what do you guys think about that? Personally, while I really like the character, I thought he had a great sendoff in "Hammer of the Gods". And how the hell are they gonna explain it? Maybe it will have something to do with the Word of God considering that Gabriel is a messenger of God and connected to his word. Or... let the speculation begin.
    I really liked Gabriel especially in the last ....the should bring him back ...the only question arises is how..well in my opinion a new monster arises and he does well as usually does his evil work and the only thing can kill him is an archangel and god or anybody else will find a way to bring him back and the story goes on as other archangel ..who are bad will stop him....
    time travel well i dont think so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast