No announcement yet.

Is Tess older than Lex?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tess older than Lex?

I could've sworn that on the birth certificate in "Abandoned," it said she was born in 1978. Lex was born in 1980. However, in the finale, he said "little sis" to her. Also, if she was 1-1/2 years older than Lex, how would he have claimed she was his daughter when he was married to Lillian? Unless she knew about Tess and told Lionel if they have children, she has to go. I know Lucas she pretty much never knew about.

At the end of Turbulence (presumably spring 2009) it was stated in an article that she was 30 which would match with your 1978 birth date.

Lex was born in late 1979 or 1980 because he told Clark he was nine when he lost his hair in the meteor shower in 1989.

Though it doesn't make sense because Tess is the supposed daughter of Pamela Jenkins a woman we've met in season 1. She was paid to watch Lex while his father was away on business and his mother's health was failing. If Pamela had a daughter with Lionel who he insisted she gives away I doubt he'd keep her around. That would be a train wreck waiting to happen.

Comment

The year wasn't visible on the certificate. All that was visible was the date: monday, November 12th. November 12th was a monday in 1979, 1984 and 1990. Given that she met Oliver on the island, years before he became GA, 1990 isn't a likely year of birth. The article in "Turbulence" gave her age as 30 (meaning she'd be born November 12th, 1978. However, November 12th was a sunday in 1978). I've known newspaper articles on shows (and movies) to contain plenty of errors (if the actual article even has anything to do with the plot/headline). If you look at the article about Graham Garrett in "Fade", his name is given as "Christopher Boyer" (yet, there's been no indicator that "Graham Garrett" was an assumed name). It also doesn't make sense for Lionel to father a child with Pamela Jenkins, then hire her as Lex's nanny a year later. More likely, Pamela was hired as Lex's nanny first and then she and Lionel had an affair a few years later. About five years later*, Lionel has the girl put up for adoption.

Which means that Tess' most likely DoB was November 12th, 1984. Making her 4-5 years younger than Lex. The age given in "Turbulence" could be explained away, as Tess having lied about her age. Making herself six years older, so nobody will overlook her or second guess her, as she's become the CEO of LuthorCorp, before her 24th birthday. Thinking of her as too inexperienced or speculate why Lex made a 23-year-old the CEO in his absense (with most probably figuring that she slept her way to the job). Meaning that she wouldn't be respected.

*In "Abandoned", the Mercer family is said to have adopted Tess, when she was five years old.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 06-15-2018, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        The year wasn't visible on the certificate. All that was visible was the date: monday, November 12th. November 12th was a monday in 1979, 1984 and 1990. Given that she met Oliver on the island, years before he became GA, 1990 isn't a likely year of birth. The article in "Turbulence" gave her age as 30 (meaning she'd be born November 12th, 1978. However, November 12th was a sunday in 1978). I've known newspaper articles on shows (and movies) to contain plenty of errors (if the actual article even has anything to do with the plot/headline). If you look at the article about Graham Garrett in "Fade", his name is given as "Christopher Boyer" (yet, there's been no indicator that "Graham Garrett" was an assumed name). It also doesn't make sense for Lionel to father a child with Pamela Jenkins, then hire her as Lex's nanny a year later. More likely, Pamela was hired as Lex's nanny first and then she and Lionel had an affair a few years later. About five years later*, Lionel has the girl put up for adoption.

Which means that Tess' most likely DoB was November 12th, 1984. Making her 4-5 years younger than Lex. The age given in "Turbulence" could be explained away, as Tess having lied about her age. Making herself six years older, so nobody will overlook her or second guess her, as she's become the CEO of LuthorCorp, before her 24th birthday. Thinking of her as too inexperienced or speculate why Lex made a 23-year-old the CEO in his absense (with most probably figuring that she slept her way to the job). Meaning that she wouldn't be respected.

*In "Abandoned", the Mercer family is said to have adopted Tess, when she was five years old.
        I'd agree with your reasoning about Tess. She would lie about her age so she'd be taken seriously. As for Pamela, I believe she was hired either as Lillian's assistant or nurse before she became Lex's nanny. I think Lillian was ill for a while after Lex's birth.

I had this theory that Pamela told Lex about his sister on her deathbed. It is the only reason I can think of to explain why he pursued Tess and hired her for Project Mercury, where she got hurt (and he had the optic camera implanted). Lex would only put the company in the hands of a family member.

Comment

Happy birthday, Lutessa!!

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87

Of course Tess is younger than Lex. It would be pretty hard for Lionel to have an affair with Lex's nanny if he Lex hadn't been born yet.

(That article in Turbulence was SO poorly written that I can't believe Smallville let it go to the final cut. No journalist would've been caught dead writing an article that awful. It wasn't even grammatically correct. So I'm not surprised they threw in a random age Tess was supposed to be, that was the least of that article's issues lol)
            Last edited by ParadiseKendra; 05-19-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎