0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Really good episode. Again, Robbie hits it out of the park. He's like Ben Edlund in season two with the better episodes of the season.

Two things that really stuck out in my mind were in the dialogue itself. Dean calling Charlie 'Veronica Mars' and that, even though the writers would bash right-wing politics whenever they can, we finally hear a jab towards the left side on Joe Biden's behalf. That actually made me smile as I always hated pro one-sides when it comes to television, films, et cetera.

Other things that popped out was the progression between the Leviathans' plans and Bobby slowly becoming vengeful. Trying to fight it, but only succumbing to it and it ended up breaking Charlie's arm(who, by the way, isn't really named Charlie after all...so she has another name! Would love to see her return even if she doesn't want to see Sam and Dean ever again).

I must say though, I do miss seasons where the main character has their own interesting arcs. Even with Dean's depression or Lucifer stuck inside Sam's head, they weren't as "interesting" as in the earlier seasons of Sam pre-destined to become evil and Dean always trying to rescue his younger brother. I assume that's why Bobby is given a bigger story since Sam and Dean are just "there" with really nothing on their plates(especially now since Castiel shifted the Lucifer parts into his own head).

Comment

Great episode. I hope Robbie Thompson stays in S8. He is really really good.

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      I must say though, I do miss seasons where the main character has their own interesting arcs. Even with Dean's depression or Lucifer stuck inside Sam's head, they weren't as "interesting" as in the earlier seasons of Sam pre-destined to become evil and Dean always trying to rescue his younger brother. I assume that's why Bobby is given a bigger story since Sam and Dean are just "there" with really nothing on their plates(especially now since Castiel shifted the Lucifer parts into his own head).
      We had an arc with both characters but is done. But i really don't know is Sam is fully cured.

Comment

Yah, even if their arcs are done though....usually their arcs last the entire season.

Comment

Great episode and Charlie was awesome! 10/10.

Can't wait for the 3 last episodes, gonna be amazing!

Comment

What do you think the piece of clay will be used for?

Comment

I don't understand the leviathans plans...it doesnt seem too threatening to me...????

Comment

So you wouldn't mind being a zombie slave?

I'll remember that.

Comment

So I really liked this episode (except for one caveat, which is the boys-for the second week in a row--took backstage for another character. But then I remember this was when they were writing Jared out a bit and giving him a lighter work load cause of the baby and all.).

So I totally called it that the Leviathans were going all "Soylent Green" (even down to the curing stuff to make humans taste better). A bit sad that it seemed so predictable (and that the boys didn't figure it out themselves) but at the time jazzed I was right.

Frank's email and Dean's worry over Baby.

Charlie. The scooter with flower on it, her dancing to KC and the Sunshine Band in the elevator when no one was watching, the geeky paraphanelia at her desk, I was grinning and laughing all through that stuff. Then we get LOTR references and even an old school Wargames shout out too? I was geeking out so bad!

Dick letting slip that some people can't be copied? (Those with the 'sparkle', eh? Guess that means Sam and Dean don't have that since they've been copied?)

The Scurcocorp commercial, which seemed a bit out of place but okay.

Charlie smiting Dean with replica sword (Sting? From LOTR?) and then blam, she's on board. And how did Bobby get there? (Was Dean still carrying the flask?)

Sam talking geek to her and calming her down was priceless! And then straight on to Charlie having to try to flirt with the guard (despite the fact that she's a lesbian--our first on SPN, I think?). And Dean having to talk her through it (he was surprising good at it, eh?) and the funny bit of her repeating everything he said.

The Borax bomb, the switcharoo, the boys in costumes again (big yay!), then poor Charlie getting caught. And Bobby getting angry and taking on Dick, wow!

Okay, so I have to think that Charlie gave us the key with the "The really evil ones always need a special sword" line (out of the mouths of geeks?). More on that in a sec.

But she's been on the run before and Charlene's not her real name? Interesting.

Back to the red clay. My first thought was that it was the stuff from which the first Leviathans were made and therefore precious to them or perhaps, like Kryptonite, could hurt them? Then I thought, what if it's red clay from Mount Sinai or something and
                  Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 05-07-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Vi continues to tackle monsters. She's defeated the first evil and now has moved on to face what seems to be the second evil (because Levi's are really old, so not that many evils took a number and got in line before them, probably.) Let's not forget that she also dealt with Doogie Houser. Which must have been heinous. So she's fearless.

Also, that brick of clay can't contain a fossilized disease strain like you'd normally expect, because they want us to stay healthy and plump. So it's got to be a fossilized life form that dates wayyyyyyyyyy back to when the Levi's last cruised the Earth. They're looking up a long lost buddy species, their old partner in crime, or perhaps a different kind of partner..... perhaps the leviathans are very dry...down there... and this clay contains the only moisturizing lube that will allow them to procreate for the first time since ever.

Comment

You smoke some good stuff before you visit the forums, huh?

Comment

Drugs are for fakers who have to use artificial means to get to the place I'm at naturally.

Also, you spelled huh backwards, but we'll let that slide.

(I still see Buffy alums as their Buffy characters, though, was the point. Recently Illyria from Angel had a guest role on one of these shows too, maybe it was this one, maybe not.)

(And the reproductive aid idea is one of the better guesses you'll hear for what's in that clay, so don't have a shorts accident if it turns out to be right).

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎