Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Do Not Go Gentle?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow mixed bag of reviews here, a few things irked me like how Delena was suddenly dropped in favour of Stelena, I mean I'm not a Delena fan but I was expecting something between them after their heavy make out session, Elena just did what she was told by Caroline, weird. That said I loved the Stelena scenes, just like the books he is as Caroline said her epic love. I will say though that if Elena is turned in the finale then I think she will choose Damon because as he sired her in the books Delena got real close when she was a vamp.

Bonnie...man they've lost the plot with her seriously, she's nothing more than plot device no growth no development, her and Jamie came out of nowhere all I know about him is he likes gardening, so boring, am I supposed to be excited by this relationship? I also hate how much she's used, not only by vampires but now her dead witch ancesters are taking away her free will and killing Alaric, urgh.

So Alaric is now the big bad? kind of a let down if you ask me, I loved the farewell scenes, esp Damon's but I feel like we had this before when he was Klaus.

I liked how Bonnie told Damon that his choices end in people being hurt, there is always a choice, it's sometimes they're hard choices and later he told Meredith he'd been making controversial choices lately.......which lead to him not just snapping Alaric's neck, he did what Alaric wanted, I liked that.

No clue where this Caroline/Tyler/Klaus stuff is headed but I love Forwood so I hope they make it.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
      Oh, that's right! Well, never mind. I completely forgot about Uncle (Father) John.
      You're right. She is still a Gilbert.

All of these connections and such, I should make a story web to keep it all straight. Thank you for the reminder.

Good idea!! Iīll do it too. lol
      And youīre welcome!!

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

[QUOTE=Lori;7755145
      I liked how Bonnie told Damon that his choices end in people being hurt, there is always a choice, it's sometimes they're hard choices and later he told Meredith he'd been making controversial choices lately.......which lead to him not just snapping Alaric's neck, he did what Alaric wanted, I liked that.

Really??/ So Bonnie has never ever made doubtful cgoices? Cīmon she did fooled everyone with that Gilbert device remember? Just coz she wanted damon daead!! So for her own purpose! And wwhat happened? Anna and mayor Lockwood died!!! Oh and btw Stefan could also had died then. Bad things donīt happen when Bonnie make choices JUST becouse someone else (producers and writers) stops it.
      Exemples: She hurt the witch guy ti save Elena
      She unlinked the Priginal sibbilings even thinking that time it was the only way to kill Klaus JUST to save Jamie and her "great" mother Abby...
      So, sometimes you made choices coz you really have no other option...
      That said, Iīm not saying Damonīs choices have always been ok (like killing Alaric) but that one of turning Abby.... completely understandble
      Last edited by rej@ne; 04-30-2012, 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My point wasn't about Bonnie it was about Damon, too often he doesnt think things through or see someone else's perspective, in this ep after his convo with Bonnie he didn't just go ahead and snap Alarics neck (because he feels that would have been better) he respected how Alaric wanted to die, showed some growth on Damons part.

Comment

ok then. But my point was and is abt Bonnie. Sheīs too judgy even not being her place to be! The show just ruined Bonieīs caharcter to me. I loooooove bookīs Bonie and sheīs sooooo different from that Bonnie. Big time different!

Comment

I don't think she's wrong though, even Stefan and Damon have killed innocent people and as a witch Bonnie has the capability to take out vampires who are killing innocents, she feels a responsibility because she is one of a few who can actually help stop vampires terrorising humans. Damon killing Jeremy, her mother, compelling Caroline, snapping Alarics neck, Stefan hurting Elena to get to Klaus, she sees them as something bigger than bumps in a road, she's not in love with either of them so she can't see the other side like Elena can.

Since S1 I've seen Bonnie have book meredith traits and tbh I like it, book Bonnie is very fragile I like that she's stronger on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
              I loved the Stelena scenes, just like the books he is as Caroline said her epic love.
              I have to agree with this. I really like the on-screen chemistry between the actors and I just like Stefan. I like Damon, too, for different reasons. I don't want to see the brothers' relationship sacrificed for crybaby Elena though. She needs to make a choice and stick with it because the drama is really old.

Bonnie...man they've lost the plot with her seriously, she's nothing more than plot device no growth no development, her and Jamie came out of nowhere all I know about him is he likes gardening, so boring, am I supposed to be excited by this relationship? I also hate how much she's used, not only by vampires but now her dead witch ancesters are taking away her free will and killing Alaric, urgh.
              I agree with all of this.

I loved the farewell scenes, esp Damon's but I feel like we had this before when he was Klaus.
              I loved the scene with the gang outside with candles for Alaric. I also liked the final scene between Alaric and Damon. I wish they had let him go out the way he wanted to, but no. Another person caught up in the endless vampire drama.

Scenes like this make me a Damon girl. I love it when he's being Damon and not Elena whipped.

No clue where this Caroline/Tyler/Klaus stuff is headed but I love Forwood so I hope they make it.
              This is what I think about Jeremy and Matt. Are they going to replay their respective spoiled, bratty little brother and guy with the heart of gold roles AGAIN?

Comment

I don't think she's wrong though, even Stefan and Damon have killed innocent people and as a witch Bonnie has the capability to take out vampires who are killing innocents, she feels a responsibility because she is one of a few who can actually help stop vampires terrorising humans. Damon killing Jeremy, her mother, compelling Caroline, snapping Alarics neck, Stefan hurting Elena to get to Klaus, she sees them as something bigger than bumps in a road, she's not in love with either of them so she can't see the other side like Elena can.

Since S1 I've seen Bonnie have book meredith traits and tbh I like it, book Bonnie is very fragile I like that she's stronger on the show.
                I agree. Anytime Damon or Stefan kill or hurt a human will cause Bonnie guilt since she can kill them and she hasn't.
                Last edited by Sugar; 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                  I agree. Anytime Damon or Stefan kill or hurt a human will cause Bonnie guilt since she can kill them and she hasn't.
                  Yeah and she hasnt because she knows they both love her and would protect her at all costs, this is what they have in common, not too mention the feelings Elena has for both brothers. I don't actually get the Bonnie hate, I understand not enjoying her character because like I said above she's used purely to move the story forward, spell for this and that and she doesnt get much screentime or decent love interests, no ship to really root for as they eithe die or cheat on her but at the end of the day she's not a killer of innocents, her heart is always in the right place which can't be said for the vamps on this show.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Raistlin
                  I have to agree with this. I really like the on-screen chemistry between the actors and I just like Stefan. I like Damon, too, for different reasons. I don't want to see the brothers' relationship sacrificed for crybaby Elena though. She needs to make a choice and stick with it because the drama is really old.
                  I'm so Team Salvatore lol but unfortunately I think this triangle is here for a while yet I'm hoping Delena get their moment in the sun as it were lol and then she realises just like the books it will always be Stefan
                  Last edited by Lori; 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

As long as the producers/writers get Damonan epic love too (with another girl ofc). Iīm a Delena shipper (in the books too). Aiways have been even knwing Elena is not the one for Damon. She just doesnīt complete him the way he must be completed by a mate. He needs someone as strong and steady and up to everything as hr is.

Comment

Unfortunately like the books I don't think they will, they'll be so busy with the triangle they won't set up anything else leaving one brother with no epic love, as it stands with one book to go it looks like Damon will end the book series alone with no love of his own, which royally sucks

I forgot something that annoyed me in this ep, Elena saying she's alone wtf? She's got Jeremy Stefan Damon caroline Bonnie Matt all of whom have risked their life for her at some point Urgh sometimes Elena just bugs me lol
                      Last edited by Lori; 05-03-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately like the books I don't think they will, they'll be so busy with the triangle they won't set up anything else leaving one brother with no epic love, as it stands with one book to go it looks like Damon will end the book series alone with no love of his own, which royally sucks
                        I guess youīre right abt it. But Iīm not that positive abt damonīs closure asd you are... Actually I think no fan would really like to see damon ending up alone so my guess (unfortunatly I must say) is that heīll die for good. Even more, I think heīll die in order to save both Elena and Stefan so tghey can be together and happily ever after...

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lori;7756867[B
                        ]I forgot something that annoyed me in this ep, Elena saying she's alone wtf? She's got Jeremy Stefan Damon caroline Bonnie Matt all of whom have risked their life for her at some point Urgh sometimes Elena just bugs me lol[/B]
                        Yeah, right? How ungrateful of her saying that, especially in Stefanīs face... She knows sheīll always have both Damon and Stefan at her side, no matter what. And ofc all of the rst of the gang but Tyler (seriously I donīt see Tyler as fond of anyone but Caroline).
                        Last edited by rej@ne; 05-03-2012, 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎