No announcement yet.

Did Clark put Lois in danger?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Clark put Lois in danger?

I'm just doing a Clois rerun (Did you know you can watch most S4 Clois episodes without a single Lana scene in it?)

I know that he has to protect his secret for the sake of the story, but:

When he was at the Planet to get Lois out of there and they fought the zombies who bit Lois. Wasn't that because he refused to use his powers openly in front of her? He could have sped her out of there and she'd never would have been bitten...

I don't like writing like this, they shouldn't have brought him into this kind of scenario.

IMHO.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
    I'm just doing a Clois rerun (Did you know you can watch most S4 Clois episodes without a single Lana scene in it?)

I know that he has to protect his secret for the sake of the story, but:

When he was at the Planet to get Lois out of there and they fought the zombies who bit Lois. Wasn't that because he refused to use his powers openly in front of her? He could have sped her out of there and she'd never would have been bitten...

I don't like writing like this, they shouldn't have brought him into this kind of scenario.

IMHO.
    But they do it all the time. Remember how Clark let Lex being drugged and tortured in Belle Reve just to keep his secret in season three? It seems the only people Clark is willing to show his powers are the meteor freaks and other adversaries (like Morgan Edge). It is indeed quite ironic that Clark hides his powers from those he loves and thereby putting them in danger and pain, but shows them freely to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru
      But they do it all the time. Remember how Clark let Lex being drugged and tortured in Belle Reve just to keep his secret in season three?
      He probably did it more than once. But not in that case. In the case of Lex's Belle Reve visit he was held up by Eric Summers. He only arrived until it was too late. (On that note: he never actually heard Lionel say to do it "again". But in the season 3 finale they got Lionel's bail declined because he supposedly heard it.)

Comment

The worst offense is imo in Idol where Clark can't save Lois immediately and has to let her fall. And to this day that scene still seems to imply the Twins saved her and not Clark. He can't fly and even if he did pull a similar (unrealistic) save like in Action the landing wouldn't have been that smooth.

Comment

He probably did it more than once. But not in that case. In the case of Lex's Belle Reve visit he was held up by Eric Summers. He only arrived until it was too late. (On that note: he never actually heard Lionel say to do it "again". But in the season 3 finale they got Lionel's bail declined because he supposedly heard it.)
          But Clark knew that Lionel was drugging Lex since "Shattered" and it was weeks later that he visited him in Belle Reve. He could have gotten inside secretly at any time to see how Lex was doing. But he didn't. He never tried to save Lex from drug, prison and torture, because both Jonathan and Martha told him not to. Only when he learned that Lex was in leathal danger from the electroshock therapy he went against his parent's order and tried to save him - too late, because by then Eric and the others had made a plan.

Clark could have prevented Lex getting into Belle Reve in Shattered, but Lex had seen him being hit by Morgan Edge's car and he decided that a Lex considered insane wouldn't be a danger to his secret. But Lex kept his secret all the time and still Clark wasn't willing to save him. And mind you, this was months before "Talisman" when Clark learned that Lex might be Sageeth and a year before Lex actually betrayed him and tried to kill him and Chloe (the evil Lex, that is, the good Lex never betrayed Clark). As the saying goes "with friends like these who needs enemies?" It is certainly true regarding Clark in the first seasons. He betrayed Lex a long time before the evil part of Lex betrayed him.

Clark learned from his parents that the protection of his secret was more important than to protect people he cared for, that he had to stand by and do nothing while they get seriously hurt physically, mentally, and emotionally. It seems at least in season 10 he finally overcomes the evil influence of Martha and Jonathan and told Lois. And I appreciated how his own bad conscience got to him at the end of "Asylum" (he wished he could forget the last weeks and his own behaviour to Lex just as Lex had).

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
            The worst offense is imo in Idol where Clark can't save Lois immediately and has to let her fall. And to this day that scene still seems to imply the Twins saved her and not Clark.
            I always understood it exactly that way. The boy made a fog so thick that Lois' fall was cushioned until she safely hit the pavement.

Just like in Identity Clark didn't lie when he said that it wasn't him who saved her (Jimmy in Identity).

----- Added 26 Minutes later -----

Clark learned from his parents that the protection of his secret was more important than to protect people he cared for, that he had to stand by and do nothing while they get seriously hurt physically, mentally, and emotionally. It seems at least in season 10 he finally overcomes the evil influence of Martha and Jonathan and told Lois. And I appreciated how his own bad conscience got to him at the end of "Asylum" (he wished he could forget the last weeks and his own behaviour to Lex just as Lex had).
            I agree, the show always had the vibe of "keep your secret at almost any cost".
            Last edited by DJ Doena; 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I always understood it exactly that way. The boy made a fog so thick that Lois' fall was cushioned until she safely hit the pavement.

Just like in Identity Clark didn't lie when he said that it wasn't him who saved her (Jimmy in Identity).
              I don't know the twins other than from that episode. Is it possible for the boy to make such a fog ?

Comment

I don't know the twins other than from that episode. Is it possible for the boy to make such a fog ?
                As far as I understood it they are actual comic book characters from the DC verse. But even going from the visual evidence in the episode it seems that she can take the form of an animal (the cougar, the lady bird, the rottweiler) and he can take the shape of different forms of water (the ice that offroaded the limo, the fog).

Comment

As far as I understood it they are actual comic book characters from the DC verse. But even going from the visual evidence in the episode it seems that she can take the form of an animal (the cougar, the lady bird, the rottweiler) and he can take the shape of different forms of water (the ice that offroaded the limo, the fog).
                  Thank you. He must have tremendous control to make fog people can breathe and simultaneously increase the density below Lois to catch her.

Coming back to Clark, it means that here again he was willing to let Lois die just to protect his secret. I guess, he should work on his Clark Kent persona. A bit of martial arts to not be forced to show off his superpowers when attacked - and a rope at hand never hurts, too.

Comment

Coming back to Clark, it means that here again he was willing to let Lois die just to protect his secret.
                    But that's not true either. Clark sped downstairs and if it weren't for the fog, I'm sure he'd caught her.

Given his speed he could have easily stood below Lois long before she'd crashed and he saw that the fog slowed her down.

Comment

I think it was the director of the episode that confirmed on K-Site that it was Clark that saved Lois and not the fog so that was already cleared up. Clark did try his best to save Lois without revealing his secret and when that didn't work he saved her in super mode and I believe Clark knew he could. He saved Tess when jumping out of a plane and Lois falling from a building wasn't that difficult for him and the fog gave him cover as intended.

As far as a rope, Clark did have one in Pete's car when Perry White went over a cliff so yes, it doesn't hurt to have a rope sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                        I think it was the director of the episode that confirmed on K-Site that it was Clark that saved Lois and not the fog so that was already cleared up.
                        We know but if we go by just how the episode presented the scene it's a different story. Imo if it's not shown or mentioned on the show itself it didn't happen.

Comment

Okay, found the post by Glen Winter saying Clark made the save #220:

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                          We know but if we go by just how the episode presented the scene it's a different story. Imo if it's not shown or mentioned on the show itself it didn't happen.
                          I always thought it was Clark that saved Lois by the way he sped away after Lois fell. Anyway we got confirmation which was good enough for me.
                          Last edited by SnowBird; 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^ I don't doubt it. I'm sure that's how it was written but for whatever reason it didn't come off that way on screen. Still it isn't the first time the writers/producers are giving statements that don't align with the show itself. I'll stick with what the show does on it's own terms.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                              I think it was the director of the episode that confirmed on K-Site that it was Clark that saved Lois and not the fog so that was already cleared up. Clark did try his best to save Lois without revealing his secret and when that didn't work he saved her in super mode and I believe Clark knew he could. He saved Tess when jumping out of a plane and Lois falling from a building wasn't that difficult for him and the fog gave him cover as intended.
                              That explains the look on his face when he saw the fog. I had wondered if he knew exactly what Zan could do.

But what would he have done if there hadn't been some camourflage? I suspect it must have been experiences like these that made him finally realize he needed an alter ego that noone would recognize even when seen at close distance.

As far as a rope, Clark did have one in Pete's car when Perry White went over a cliff so yes, it doesn't hurt to have a rope sometimes
                              And neither some knife and tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎