No announcement yet.

The Boys Reaction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys Reaction

I can understand Sam and Dean are upset at Bobby for not moving on, but come on, the guy just gave up Heaven for the two of you, show some gratitude ya idjits! Sam and Dean, not yall who are reading this, lol.

I hope they don't do anything cruel like try to burn the flask. Or whatever it is that they do when metal objects become possesed... I don't that thing will burn afterall.

Metal does and can be burnt. They burnt that silver necklace in "Hook Man".

And...I have mixed feelings about Sam and Dean's reactions. I get how Dean would wish Bobby to be in Heaven at Harvelle's, although with the Winchester's track record regarding Heaven, you'd think they would be fine with Bobby staying, you know? And plus, with how Dean said it was unnatural for Bobby to stay behind, isn't that being sort of a hypocrite since Sam and Dean living STILL is unnatural as even mentioned by the Horseman Death?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      Metal does and can be burnt. They burnt that silver necklace in "Hook Man".

And...I have mixed feelings about Sam and Dean's reactions. I get how Dean would wish Bobby to be in Heaven at Harvelle's, although with the Winchester's track record regarding Heaven, you'd think they would be fine with Bobby staying, you know? And plus, with how Dean said it was unnatural for Bobby to stay behind, isn't that being sort of a hypocrite since Sam and Dean living STILL is unnatural as even mentioned by the Horseman Death?
      he learned the lesson. It's not the same Dean from season 2.

Comment

its different for the boys. in retrospect, they were never given a choice when it came to coming back. The only person who had a choice was dean from "in my time of dying" and he was ready to go with tessa because he didn't want to become an evil spirit.

I think they are disappointed because they expected more knowing that this is the kind of thing they hunt and get rid of. Having Bobby back really puts them in a bind. They don't want to kill him, but they know they shouldn't let him live stay as a ghost either. I understand both sides reactions. its very conflicting.

Comment

What you guys seem to have been forgetting is that Sam/Dean has learned things about being a ghost and don't want history repeating itself. And they definitely don't want Bobby to turn into a vengeful spirit or anything, it's just not natural he should be in heaven even though they miss him.

Comment

I said this in the other thread, but I think it's weird that Dean seemed to want to have Bobby as a ghost in the episode before, but once he finds out that he is, he doesn't like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by luisl
              he learned the lesson. It's not the same Dean from season 2.
              It is the same. With the whole ordeal of Dean retrieving Sam's soul last season, it was all about going the "unnatural" way which is what Death talked about. Instead of letting Sam die even in "The Born-Again Identity" and maybe moving on to Heaven this time, he tries to keep Sam alive by "curing" him. Dean may have changed with making deals with demons, but I bet if Sam dies someway or the other, Dean will still try to bring his brother back.

Originally posted by Kaleltheking
              I said this in the other thread, but I think it's weird that Dean seemed to want to have Bobby as a ghost in the episode before, but once he finds out that he is, he doesn't like the idea.
              He never seemed like he wanted it to be Bobby, but he was curious with how things happen such as that bottle emptying itself and that paper showing up in "The Slice Girls". Sam said "because you want it to be Bobby", but that doesn't mean Dean REALLY wants it to be Bobby as he was just curious that it could've been.

Comment

Seemed like he wanted it to be Bobby to me. Like when Sam was trying to convince him that it wasn't.

Comment

Exactly, because it would make sense to Dean if it was Bobby.

And then in "Party On, Garth", Sam just said Dean is only imagining it to be Bobby with all of these weird coincidences. It didn't sound like Dean wanted Bobby to be around just to be around, but Bobby is a reason why those things could've happened in the first place.

Comment

I have to admit my first thought on the boys reaction was "wait, what about you guys?" I mean, Dean almost became a ghost in IMTOD. He and Sam have both made deals and broken rules to get each other back after death. For Bobby to do the same and them to react negatively seemed OOC to me.

But then I thought about how they had changed and how even Sam told Dean not to bring him back after jumping in the pit. But then Dean did try, he admitted.

I guess the difference is they never came back as ghosts (well, except almost the example cited above). But we do know of one ghost who did not go all evil and decay and whatnot. Mary Winchester. She was a ghost, trapped in her house, for years. And she seemed fine. (but then we don't know if she chose that or not. I think the turning point for all this is that Bobby 'chose' to stay, to dodge his Reaper. That's the big sticking point for the boys. If Bobby was 'stuck' they might have reacted differently.)

I just wonder how this will all play out now...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎