Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw in the movie theater?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just came back from watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle. If you liked the first one, it’s more of the same (emphasis on more). It did need to be trimmed down about 20-30 minutes (which was pointed out in many reviews) but, I still enjoyed it.

I wish they had advertised it correctly or even better, fairly. [SPOILER]The one Statesman that was featured much more in the movie than the rest was the one that was least (or not at all) promoted in the trailers, posters and/or other ads; I’m speaking of Pedro Pascal. Pascal had much more screen time than Tatum, Berry or Bridges combined but, was passed over for the more established actors in the promos[/SPOILER].

Comment

• It.

Comment

• Loving Vincent.

Comment

• My last one was Zootopia.

Comment

• Murder on the Orient Express. I thought it was okay. The big problem is that this is the fourth time that this story's been adapted for either the big screen or the small, but they don't really do anything new.

[SPOILER]The film ends with an obvious set-up for the sequel, Death on the Nile. I don't mind it, but I think it might've been better for them to reference The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb, which is a short story in Poirot Investigates. That would've motivated Poirot to go to Egypt. You open the sequel with him solving that case, then move on with the Death on the Nile plot, with Poirot hoping to get some vacation, after the Egyptian Tomb case. The way they set up the sequel, made it seem like the murder of Linnet Doyle had already taken place. But, when we get the sequel, that will likely be ignored and the murder takes place after Poirot's arrival.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Thor: Ragnarok
              Justice League

both today.

Comment

• The Greatest Showman.

Comment

• Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - I’m sorry it took me so long to go watch this soft-reboot/sequel (or whatever your want to call it). I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it and I think it was due to stars Kevin Hart and The Rock (they’re just magic together) along with the rest of the cast. Though I think because it was geared towards a younger crowd, the sentiment of: [SPOILER] ‘choosing who you want to be for the rest of your life’[/SPOILER] was a bit corny especially with [SPOILER]the “Breakfast Club” tone of the movie[/SPOILER]. I did like the nods to the original film; it actually added to the mythology of Jumanji.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-08-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• The Post. Just give that Oscar to Meryl.

Comment

• The Shape of Water.

Comment

• Tom Raider.

Comment

• Death Wish. C+
                          Tomb Raider. C
                          Pacific Rim 2. B-
                          A Quiet Place. C+
                          Rampage. B
                          Hotel Artemis. C+
                          Last edited by Glove; 06-10-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Saw Grease a few days ago.

Comment

• Skyscraper. C.
                              The First Purge. D.
                              Equalizer 2. C+.
                              Mission Impossible: Fallout. B-.
                              The Meg. B-.
                              Last edited by Glove; 08-15-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎