Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw in the movie theater?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Impossible Fallout.

Comment

• Whitney.

Comment

• Johnny English Strikes Again. Loved the cameos by [SPOILER]Edward Fox, Charles Dance and Michael Gambon. Dance and Gambon have both been considered for the role of James Bond, at different times (with the former playing Ian Fleming in a movie), but declined. And Fox played M in Never Say Never Again (the big screen debut of Rowan Atkinson). Them showing up old and falling asleep feels like a subtle (as opposed towards getting Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan to play the three roles) commentary on the Bond franchise: It's old and should probably be put to rest.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• A friend and I went to the Sneak Preview this week. It was I Can Only Imagine.

Usually this type of movie doesn't make it over the pond and I very much doubt that it will find a big audience here in Germany.

It's one of those religious "if you believe in God, everything will be fine" movies.

The basic plot is based on a true story that is basically a son whose mother left him with his abusive father until he was in his late teens and left. But because the father gets cancer they have a few good weeks together and then the father dies. And then all is forgiven. Apparantly repairing a car together makes up for almost two decades of beating and whipping a young boy/man.

Comment

• A Star Is Born.

Comment

• Juliet, Naked.

Comment

• Halloween. I guess they could have given this one a subtitle or something considering that there are now three movies simply titled "Halloween". Lack of imagination comparable to "Riddick" or "Rambo". Whatever. I love how modern movies ignore the previous entries into a franchise. The big guy in this movie made a really funny comment by mentioning that "Michael was locked up for 40 years for killing a total of five people" and that "that's kind of harsh in today's society." So, they ignored Halloween II (the original Halloween II) at the hospital. They ignored H2O where Laurie had a son. They ignored Halloween: Resurrection where Laurie was pushed off a building and killed. Today's directors pick and choose what they want to pretend never happened. I should note the ending. The grand-daughter of Laurie holding onto the kitchen knife like she inherited the curse of Michael. This was done in Halloween 5 with that little girl (another relative of Laurie) killed people with that kitchen knife and made Loomis scream that horrible "NO!!!" to end the movie. Oh yea, another movie in the franchise that they ignored. In this 2018 Halloween, Michael seemed to find people quite easily for someone being locked up for 40 years. He found those idiot reporters with his mask somehow? He found Laurie's grand-daughter's babysitting friend somehow? He did kill the yo-yo toting husband who said he could defend his family because he knew Tai Chi. Something good did come out of Michael's escape. The director did try to put in some good scares that worked. All in all, I'd give this movie a grade: C.

Comment

• The Girl in the Spider's Web. It was terrible. Dull, predictable, unrealistic action scenes and full of clichés. After about an hour, I gave up and left (third time I've ever walked out of a movie).

Comment

• Bohemian Rhapsody.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                      Bohemian Rhapsody.
                      How was it?

I watched Hunter Killer this week. It was totally ludicrous but still enjoyable once you realised you what you're watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                        How was it?
                        Historically inaccurate (as is common for films based on real people), but I enjoyed it. Thought Rami Malek gave quite a good performance. The worst performance was Mike Myer's.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 11-01-2018, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Overlord. C.

Comment

• Nothing Like a Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                              Bohemian Rhapsody.
                              Watched it, too. Enjoyed it very much.

Comment

• Beautiful Boy.

Comment

Working...