Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw in the movie theater?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Widow.

Comment

• Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings - great martial arts film and standalone film that one doesn’t have to be an MCU fan to enjoy.

Comment

• I've seen The boss baby 2

Comment

• Venom: Let There Be Carnage - it was on par with the first one. The post credit scene is a doozy (in a good way).

Comment

• Dune (via HBO Max) - I just finished watching it. While it was visually beautiful, it was boring as heck…My opinion wouldn’t have changed even if I had actually seen it in theaters. I just don’t understand all the high reviews. It was ok at best.

Comment

• Eternals - 7/10 even with the mixed reactions to the film, I enjoyed it.

Comment

• I saw 'Dune'...and as DarkPhoenix said above...a bit boring. It wasn't much different from the other two versions (the 80's one and the SyFy Channel) and I didn't notice much that required it to be remade ANOTHER time. My grade: B-.

I saw 'Halloween Kills'. It wasn't much different from the other eleven movies. My grade: C-.

I saw 'Venom 2'. It was entertaining. Better than the first one. My grade: C+.

Comment

• Ghostbusters: Afterlife - it was a great homage to Harold Ramis and a nice close to the trilogy (let’s just negate that other movie; except for Chris Hemsworth’s dancing blooper at the end) while opening the possibilities of sequels for the next team of Ghostbusters.

Comment

• Spider-Man: No Way Home - it’s the best Spider-Man movie to date and can’t wait to find out where the next trilogy goes.

Comment

• Uncharted - I saw this last weekend. It was fine; nothing special about it. I understand the fanboy/girl dislike for this adaptation of the video game; never played it but, I do get why both Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg were miscast in their roles.

Dog - I saw it yesterday, it was also fine. If you’ve seen the trailers you know how it would go.

Comment

• The Batman - 8/10 I really enjoyed this movie. It was different than previous Batman films but also very similar. I loved everything about this thing. I had my doubts about Pattinson but, he proved me and other naysayers wrong.

Comment

• The Lost City - 6/10 I just came home from watching it. It was cute, there were some funny moments. The chemistry between Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum carried the movie. I would also say that Daniel Radcliffe did ham it up as the villain. And the brief appearance of Brad Pitt was more of an SNL skit than anything else. It’s one of these movies you’d probably see channel surfing and just happen upon it.

Comment

• "The Batman". I never watched it fully. Because it is another cow getting milked for profits with a predictable plot. So, I am not seeing much innovation with D.C. Films nor Marvel. What I see is mainstream media propaganda that attacks innovative writing by regurgitating characters, plot formulas, dumbed down dialogue, etc. in favour of playing it safe for political correctness. It shows me oligarchs are controlling popular film studios in America to rot people's brains, not bravely innovative creators that want an American audience getting quality stories without western propaganda. I would say "The Batman" is mediocre at best. But it is nothing new in American entertainment.
                            Last edited by FieryFury; 03-29-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• "The Lost City". I never watched it fully, either. Because it was a cheap imitation of "Romancing the Stone".

Comment

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 6/10 it was cute. It was one of those kids movies that was meant for an older generation who grew up playing the games and even for that group who watched the animated series. There were several references that the adults would get but would go over the heads of the younger demographic.
                                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-16-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎